Blog Entries

livE Strong Prediction Contest Results and Review

This was a DVD show from a while back, but I only just got around to watching it. It was an okay show, but nothing too special

Kyle O’Reilly vs. Jay Lethal

Good opener, but they didn't go all out with this one, you got the feeling they kept something in reserve. They had good chemistry, and wouldn't mind seeing these two work some sort of program together ***

Adam Cole vs. Pepper Parks

This was basically a try out match for Pepper Parks. Strange name... The match itself was okay, but nothing special, and when you can't have a good match with somebody the callibre of Adam Cole, then you're hardly first class. Pepper looked okay, but I don't think he's somebody they should bring in on a regular basis. **3/4

Four Corner Survival – Mike Bennett vs. Mike Mondo vs. Kenny King vs. Mike Sydal

A good, fast paced four corner survival match. It was all going on quite nicely, but then the finish came out of nowhere, and that hurt it. All seemed a bit rushed, maybe could have done with another two or three minutes. Still, good match ***1/4

Eddie Edwards vs. Tommaso Ciampa

This match was actually really good. Eddie rarely disappoints, but Ciampa can be a bit of hit and miss. This was definatly a hit, and they meshed really well. Again, wouldn't mind seeing these two in a feud some time down the line ***1/2

BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs

This was a very good grudge match. Very physical, as you'd expect after the wars these two have gone through. The finish hurt it a bit, but it set up an eventual rematch, and after this, that's not something I'd be opposed to ***1/4

Rhett Titus vs. Charlie Haas

Like I seem to describe many Rhett Titus or Charlie Haas matches, this was okay, but quite slow and boring. I didn't really get into at all, and neither did the crowd **

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin & Rhino

This was another very good undercard match, and I was pleasantly suprised how well Elgin and Rhino worked together as a team. The Briscoes were there always awesome selves, and the end result was a very good tag team match ***1/2

ROH World Title – Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong

This match was good, but could have been great. The first eight-ish minutes were really boring, with Steen and Roddy just brawling in and around the ring, similar to Steen's defence against Eddie. After that things really picked up, and we got a very good match, but the first half still hurt it overall ***3/4

Overall: 6.5/10 A very solid show, with six good matches, but lacked a really great main event. Strong vs. Steen was good as I've said, but could have, and perhaps should have, been better. Still, a solid show, and one worth picking up

Prediction Contest Results

1st - magglis - 120
    2nd - Robareid - 119
    3rd - Dr Death - 117
    4th - jordan1995 - 104
    5th - VanHooliganX - 100
    6th - Cabers - 95

Congratulations to magglis, you just pipped me to the post there. An uncharicteristically bad showing from Cabers, I wonder how that'll effect the overall standings. I'll go update them now.
    "The Best of British" Rob Rage

HWA Midcarder of the Year 2011
    Longest Reigning HWA Universal Champion Ever
    EWA, HWA, AWF, JBW, IWA & BitW Legend
    Real HWA Supremacy World Champion
    IWA Insane Asylum Winner 2012
    First Ever JBW Underground Champion
    EWN Midcarder of the Year 2012
    EWN Promo of the Year 2012

*looks around*

DAMN!