Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I know it was technically recorded in '89 but it was released as a single in '92:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Why yes, yes it was lol

I understand why people fell off the Tool bandwagon, but they were a hot commodity here in Texas for a LONG time. As well as Pantera, but that's because they were from Texas

Here's another few songs that I remember vividly in my time in the 90s

One of the first concerts I went to featured The Refreshements. Here's the song that I remember them for the most

I used to love this song when I was younger. Still think it's nice to hear once in a while

I used to jam this band and thought Shirley Manson was smoking when I was 14

Not many got behind this band but I loved them when I was younger. Here's their most popular song
    Sneaker Pimps and Garbage - two 90's essentials! Good picks there

Blog Entries

This song was a very memorable one. It was a song with a message. Something a lot of music today has gotten away from.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post

This song was a very memorable one. It was a song with a message. Something a lot of music today has gotten away from.
    Another song with a message, that most of their fans promptly forgot about

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

This song had the most meaningful of all meanings... That I still can't figure the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Another song with a message, that most of their fans promptly forgot about
    Their entire first album, which this cut is off of, is absolutely killer. Not a single mediocre song to be found on it. Just one fuckpunch of awesomeness after the other. Problem is, they set the bar so freakin' high that I don't think they were ever quite able to match it.

Still, I hope they get around to making a new album. De la Rocha's One Day As a Lion project never quite took off (sad, because "Wild International" was a pretty rad tune), and Morello's side-projects have been sort of qualitatively all over the map. So, yeah. I'd at least like to see them give recapturing the magic the ol' college try.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Their entire first album, which this cut is off of, is absolutely killer. Not a single mediocre song to be found on it. Just one fuckpunch of awesomeness after the other. Problem is, they set the bar so freakin' high that I don't think they were ever quite able to match it.

Still, I hope they get around to making a new album. De la Rocha's One Day As a Lion project never quite took off (sad, because "Wild International" was a pretty rad tune), and Morello's side-projects have been sort of qualitatively all over the map. So, yeah. I'd at least like to see them give recapturing the magic the ol' college try.
    Truth spoken. RATM's eponymous first album was lightyears ahead and groundbreaking in so many ways. One of the few albums that you can listen to that still sounds as fresh today, as it did when it you first heard it.

I still maintain that Zack is one of the best "vocal stylist/acrobats/lyricists/hiphop/rap" guys I have ever heard. It's a crying shame he never got to demonstrate that in a wider setting, but the guy has serious problems when it comes to actually getting down to work and putting stuff out there. HE'S the reason that RATM is so stunted in a prolific sense. Look at what the rest of Rage... did in Audioslave (who I rate). 3 albums in something like 5 years? RATM? 3 (or 4 if you count the covers) in 10, 11 years? (off the top of my head). And since they "reformed" - what? Nothing. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Truth spoken. RATM's eponymous first album was lightyears ahead and groundbreaking in so many ways. One of the few albums that you can listen to that still sounds as fresh today, as it did when it you first heard it.

I still maintain that Zack is one of the best "vocal stylist/acrobats/lyricists/hiphop/rap" guys I have ever heard. It's a crying shame he never got to demonstrate that in a wider setting, but the guy has serious problems when it comes to actually getting down to work and putting stuff out there. HE'S the reason that RATM is so stunted in a prolific sense. Look at what the rest of Rage... did in Audioslave (who I rate). 3 albums in something like 5 years? RATM? 3 (or 4 if you count the covers) in 10, 11 years? (off the top of my head). And since they "reformed" - what? Nothing. Shame.
    Yep. Complete agreement on everything. Really spot on assessment.

As far as Audioslave goes, I found their first album to be surprisingly better than it really had any right to be. Like, it wasn't perfect by any stretch, but I think it was packed full of more good than bad. 'Out of Exile' had a couple of decent songs, but the first album had me going into the second one expecting a bit more. Then they straight up lost me on 'Revelations'. Not a bad album, I guess, but I have no reason to ever go back to it. The whole thing felt like a band going through the motions to fulfill a contractual obligation and pay for some swimming pools. Chris Cornell gotta eat.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Yep, contractual obligations are a bitch. See: Aerosmith. lol

Cornell joining a fully fledged band like that really highlighted the points where RATM were lacking. I was surprised that and ultimately pleased that the core of RATM stayed together and it's the one example of a "supergroup" that kinda worked. For a bit.

Unfortunately bands just aren't consistent like they used to be - because the market is flooded, basically. Oh well - what are you gonna do?