Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Haha, did you know he's the brother of Robert Patrick of Terminator 2 fame? Also, Richard was in NIN when they were good.
    Yeah, I did know that.

True story: Richard Patrick actually tried to fight me outside the 9:30 Club in D.C. back in 2002. Dude ended up in rehab for problems with crack a few days later.

STP's last decent effort was No.4.
    I remember loving the hell out of the opening cut on that album, and then being somewhat kind of "eh" on the rest of it. "Sour Girl" was actually pretty alright, too.

I might need to revisit that soon.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Oh, and fuck you. NIN are still awesome.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, I did know that.

True story: Richard Patrick actually tried to fight me outside the 9:30 Club in D.C. back in 2002. Dude ended up in rehab for problems with crack a few days later.

I remember loving the hell out of the opening cut on that album, and then being somewhat kind of "eh" on the rest of it. "Sour Girl" was actually pretty alright, too.

I might need to revisit that soon.
    I just remember really liking the direction of it when it came out but in light of what came afterwards, it's a bit patchy admittedly. "Down" is indeed a great song.

Sorry, I was a NIN "purist". After Pretty Hate Machine and Broken and Fixed ep's, I lost interest. And by "purist", I mean I stopped liking them when everyone else started.

Here's some more great songs...

This is still my favourite AIC song. Not because of the lyrical content so much but because I think it's just so fucking......stunningly beautiful. Great production too.

And some Aussie stuff -

These guys never really went anywhere but one of the guys was related to the Young brothers. Yep, THOSE Young brothers! (you can kind of tell from the sound)

The Screaming Jets cover of Nick Cave classic Shivers. There's no way you would have avoided this growing up in Australia in the early 90's

Sorry, I was a NIN "purist". After Pretty Hate Machine and Broken and Fixed ep's, I lost interest. And by "purist", I mean I stopped liking them when everyone else started.
    The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are two of my favorite albums.

Here's some more great songs...

This is still my favourite AIC song. Not because of the lyrical content so much but because I think it's just so fucking......stunningly beautiful. Great production too.
    Yeah, I love this tune, too.

Were you a fan of Jar of Flies, by any chance? That album always seems a little divisive amongst AIC fans, and I don't really get why. It's great stuff.

And some Aussie stuff -

These guys never really went anywhere but one of the guys was related to the Young brothers. Yep, THOSE Young brothers! (you can kind of tell from the sound)
    Their crunchy anthem sound reminds me a bit of recent Toadies, actually.

The Screaming Jets cover of Nick Cave classic Shivers. There's no way you would have avoided this growing up in Australia in the early 90's
    I dig this.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    This thread is totally going to get a few playlists out of it for me!

Not huge on the Smashing Pumpkins, but this is a great song. One of my all time faves.

The Breeders. Again not a huge fan and found this one in - yep, a compilation.

And in much the same vain....

And one more, definitely on the One Hit Wonder list...

None of my friends ever seem to remember these guys:

And here's some other random 90s stuff:

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are two of my favorite albums.

Yeah, I love this tune, too.

Were you a fan of Jar of Flies, by any chance? That album always seems a little divisive amongst AIC fans, and I don't really get why. It's great stuff.

Their crunchy anthem sound reminds me a bit of recent Toadies, actually.

I dig this.
    Like Pantera, I just didn't find NIN friendly to my ears after a while. I admit it was a personal taste choice.

I LOVED Jar Of Flies, but I was already totally into Sap. For a time there AIC could do no wrong for me......then they brought out their third album and lost me a bit. Not that I didn't try. I hung in there but ultimately, the sound of a band I loved clearly floundering in terms of direction - not to mention the other shit going down with the individual members - found me falling off the 'Chains wagon. I'd rather do that and keep precious memories intact rather than spoil totally what was music very dear to my heart.

This thread is totally going to get a few playlists out of it for me!

Not huge on the Smashing Pumpkins, but this is a great song. One of my all time faves.

And in much the same vain....
    "Seether" and "1979" are indeed great. My favorite Smashing Pumpkins song has to be this one, though:

I think part of my love for this song stems from it featuring prominently in a game-changing moment on The Shield.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I LOVED Jar Of Flies, but I was already totally into Sap. For a time there AIC could do no wrong for me......then they brought out their third album and lost me a bit. Not that I didn't try. I hung in there but ultimately, the sound of a band I loved clearly floundering in terms of direction - not to mention the other shit going down with the individual members - found me falling off the 'Chains wagon. I'd rather do that and keep precious memories intact rather than spoil totally what was music very dear to my heart.
    What did you think of Cantrell's solo stuff?

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

My personal favourite song of the 90's: