Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up EWN Remembers.....90's Music

Remember the 1990's? A lot of you probably won't but I decided to compile here in this thread, a comprehensive list of 90's favorites - decided by you, the members of EWN!!

Here's how it will work: post your favorite 90's song(s). DO NOT visit Google and list every single song from the 90's you can find, please! Post songs that mean something to you or that you love or even hate but especially if the song makes you think of the 1990's. Feel free to elaborate on what it means to you and why. Post a clip if you want but I will re-state - please don't spam this thread with stuff, simply because you can find it. Keep your posts to 2 to 4 songs per post if you will.

To kick off I'll throw out these "gems" -

Could not stand "What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondes. One of the cheesiest pop hooks of the entire 90's, I had no time for the lead singer, Linda Perry's annoying voice. That, and everyone one and their dog was flogging it everywhere you turned. 2/10

Liked "No Rain" by Blind Melon. Admittedly I was not a fan of this song at first. But as I became a fan of the band, I really turned onto it. It absolutely screams two things to me - the 90's and summer. 9/10

Growing up in the 90s I still remember all the pop crazes. Form Mmbop and La vida loca playing every five minutes to the rise and fall of the boy band genre but to me the greatest thing to come form the 90s was the best rapper ever to pick up a mic.

When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    And now for a Stroll down Asher's memory lane.

First time a girl ever performed fellatio on me was to this song, so even though it is atrocious, it has a special place in my heart.

First time I ever danced with the green goblin, as it were, I remember this song playing (entirely possible it was only in my head)

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Can we make this about more than just 90s songs? When I think of the 90s, great songs come to mind but these are the "Gems" that I remember the most

and of course

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Well the actual intent was for this thread was to post some 90's music and discuss specific things about it. Not just randomly posting pictures that might mean something to you, but fuck all to other users. That would be the kiss of death for a thread, now wouldn't it? Now if you wanted to give us a brief blurb about your memories of such shows, without bombarding us with 17 shows in the one post of course, it might make it easier to swallow in smaller bites rather than choking the reader with the whole animal, y'know?

So we might just keep it to the tunes for now and look at expanding it later.

Blog Entries
    having a 90's music appreciation thread with out smells like teen spirit on the first page would be a crime

looking back on this decade of music it's weird to realize how many great things actually happen during this decade... with the explosion of the grunge world you had 2 of the greatest albums of all time that came out with in the same few months... (ten-pearl jam, nevermind- nirvana) also with nirvana imploding leading to my personal favorite band foo fighters and their epic song everlong
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Well the actual intent was for this thread was to post some 90's music and discuss specific things about it. Not just randomly posting pictures that might mean something to you, but fuck all to other users. That would be the kiss of death for a thread, now wouldn't it? Now if you wanted to give us a brief blurb about your memories of such shows, without bombarding us with 17 shows in the one post of course, it might make it easier to swallow in smaller bites rather than choking the reader with the whole animal, y'know?

So we might just keep it to the tunes for now and look at expanding it later.
    Well fuck-a-doodle-doo then. I learned more life lessons from Jessie's battle with Diet pills, and Urkle almost falling off the roof tops the first time he got drunk (accidentally of course, Steve would never touch the booze by choice), and how having all male figures as your role models will lead 3 little girls down a path that doesn't include self destruction (unless you count DJ's battle with anerexia because she felt too "chunky")... But if we want to dedicate this thread to JUST 90s music, filled with youtube videos that I have absolutely NO clue as to what is posted, then I say BRILLIANT!!!

On a side note, I remember my first time "freak" dancing with a girl at a dance was this

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

And now for something completely different

90's euro-disco-pop-trash!! ENJOY

No Limit' is the biggest world hit of the Dutch eurodancegroup 2 Unlimited (Ray Slijngaard and Anita Doth). Back in the days the single was the ultimate houserecord and became number 1 in more then 35 countries. It was the biggest selling record of 1993 in Europe.

And in a similar vein as my other one

90's music was my era! One of my favourites I still enjoy to this day: