Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin View Post
    So when CM Punk popularizes a Japanese influenced move, the it's stealing. But when Eric Bischoff rips off an entire storyline from New Japan Pro Wrestling (nWo was based off of "old Leaders vs New Leaders" storyline) it's ok?
    Yes because everyone cares about Punk in some way. Either they love him or hate him. No one cared about Bischoff when he ripped the "invasion" angle that was actually originated by the AWA's intended invasion for WCW when the AWA folded.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  2. #42
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    -_-

    It's not a case of being a copycat. Nearly everyone's a copycat of someone.
    That gimmick and moveset fits CM Punk and that's all that really matters really. Just sit back and enjoy it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  3. #43
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Random thought but I have been really looking into CM Punk and I noticed even though CM Punk has a unique look, and is a great wrestler he really isn't his own person. CM Punk not only stole () the GTS from KENTA and a few other moves. He balantally ripped off Daniel Bryan's gimmick of being the Best in the World back in his Ring of Honor days. My question to you guys is do you consider CM Punk almost a copycat wrestler?

    To me in a way I do consider him somewhat of a copycat as he is basically a combination of other wrestlers gimmicks and personality such as KENTA's move-set, Daniel Bryan's old gimmick?

    But what do you guys think.
    There are aspects of CM Punk that are copied obviously but he had done his own SES stuff on the indies and even shortly in the wwe.

    He is not 100% copied from other guys but he is a good 70% right now i think.

  4. #44
    Fresh Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    43
    Blog Entries
    2
    Bradshaw seemed like he was heavily influenced by stan hansen. I wonder why nobody else seemed to notice it. Not jbl or acolyte bradshaw...further back.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I will give you the Canadian Destroyer, but for the rest, watch some more Lucha stuff
    What about 630 senton Ash is this one that old?




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  6. #46
    Copy cat? Wrestling is copyright infringement so IDK how to answer this but to say if you think Punk is a copy cat then you have to stay consistent in that opinion with everybody or your opinion doesn't hold that much weight.

    For instance: Ric Flair=Buddy Rogers, Hulk Hogan, Jesse Ventura, Scott Steiner=Billy Graham, Rock in Roll Express=Rockers, Powers of Pain, Blade runners Demolition=Road Warriors, ADR, JBL=Ted Sr...I can go on and on.



  7. #47
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    What about 630 senton Ash is this one that old?
    I think sometimes I am the only one here that watches CMLL. :P


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  8. #48
    Normal Member alcrissam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    174
    Blog Entries
    7
    In regards to the OP, I think you are 100% wrong with his moves. He has his own style of wrestling. KENTA (and I should know, just look at my sig) bases his style solely on kickboxing. Punk is a mix of kickboxing, judo, and even some suplexes/neckbreakers.

    HOWEVER, I will say that in my opinion, he tries to act way to much like Stone Cold Steve Austin with his promos. That is really the only "copycat" I see in punk, and it is party because VKM wants him to act like heel SCSA.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I think sometimes I am the only one here that watches CMLL. :P
    Haha i didn't know




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam View Post
    In regards to the OP, I think you are 100% wrong with his moves. He has his own style of wrestling. KENTA (and I should know, just look at my sig) bases his style solely on kickboxing. Punk is a mix of kickboxing, judo, and even some suplexes/neckbreakers.

    HOWEVER, I will say that in my opinion, he tries to act way to much like Stone Cold Steve Austin with his promos. That is really the only "copycat" I see in punk, and it is party because VKM wants him to act like heel SCSA.
    Could you elaborate on this a bit? I'm just curious as to what you see in Punk's mic work that reminds you of Stone Cold, because I'm personally not seeing it, like, at all. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything; I'm just hoping to be illuminated.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.