Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Ovw

  1. #41
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    I would say a hardcore fan would watch many wrestling shows, pay for every one, always start forums about smaller shows , go back and watch episodes again, travel a fair distance to go to a nxt or ovw or even just a signing .In the middle would be a lot of the people on this site, knows a lot about the product, speaks about it regularly. But wouldn't go out of there way to go to an NXT taping, or won't buy every ppv, and also will miss a raw for example.
    I see, your definition of a hardcore is smaller then my definition. I look at it on a grander scale. I just call both groups hardcore fans.
    But man, your hardcore fan is almost completely filling his day and spending his money with wrestling. That's a really small group.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  2. #42
    seems like it's for king mo.....damn
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

  3. #43
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    seems like it's for king mo.....damn
    I am seriously disappointed as well! As long as other guys like Chris Silvio & Johnny Spade are featured on it as well i will watch!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    Also I think we could also understand what you're saying without using the words "fucking " or "fuck"
    Yeah Auto! What the fuck are you fucking doing fucking around with the fucking curse words like fuck in your fucking response, you fuck! Fuck you, you fuck; that, fucking is not fucking cool! Fuck! (Sorry, being an adult, using curse words doesn't bother me, as long as the response has a point that is made. It's rants like the one above that I think are the ones that people could make without the curse words.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    But aren't they still going out of their way to watch that episode?
    So, there are fans who will randomly watch a WHOLE episode of NXT, just for the fun of it? I find that very hard to believe, it's not like NXT is a critically acclaimed show, and chances are, that if they do that, they are probably hardcore fans.

    But just for the record, what is you definition of a hardcore fan? And what is this fan in the middle, between a hardcore fan and a casual fan? Can you give me a definition of that too?
    This I disagree with. I know a lot of fans who are "casual" by nature in that they don't watch every week and they do not run to the ticket vendor everytime WWE comes to town, let alone any other federation. They are people who randomly get that wild hair and plug in the "NXT" in the search bar. The reason why is simple. They watch for the physicality and move sets that you see on NXT that are not the "common" moves witnessed on the major shows. Of course, these friends could very well be the exception and not the rule, but they were the fans who would watch WCW for the cruiser matches and turn it off when the main "stars" would come on... Same with the X division in early TNA, but have gotten away from Impact in the past few years. The point that I am making is that there are "non-hardcore" fans who search out matches and not shows. When they hear of solid matches on shows outside of WWE/TNA, they will search for that specific wrestler. It was because of fans like these, who look for matches alone, that I learned of PAC, Sami Callihan, and Jon Moxley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    I see, your definition of a hardcore is smaller then my definition. I look at it on a grander scale. I just call both groups hardcore fans.
    But man, your hardcore fan is almost completely filling his day and spending his money with wrestling. That's a really small group.
    Completely agree. I haven't found a wrestling fan that spends all day, everyday watching matches. Wrestlers themselves, who study tape, don't even spend this much time with it. These would be called "Obsessed Fans". Personally, a hardcore fan to me is someone who will take the time to come to sites like this and have in-depth conversations about what a hardcore fan really is.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #45
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    This I disagree with. I know a lot of fans who are "casual" by nature in that they don't watch every week and they do not run to the ticket vendor everytime WWE comes to town, let alone any other federation. They are people who randomly get that wild hair and plug in the "NXT" in the search bar. The reason why is simple. They watch for the physicality and move sets that you see on NXT that are not the "common" moves witnessed on the major shows. Of course, these friends could very well be the exception and not the rule, but they were the fans who would watch WCW for the cruiser matches and turn it off when the main "stars" would come on... Same with the X division in early TNA, but have gotten away from Impact in the past few years. The point that I am making is that there are "non-hardcore" fans who search out matches and not shows. When they hear of solid matches on shows outside of WWE/TNA, they will search for that specific wrestler. It was because of fans like these, who look for matches alone, that I learned of PAC, Sami Callihan, and Jon Moxley.
    But the difference is that they aren't just randomly watching the whole show. I was talking about the fans who watch a whole show, they are watching a match, or a portion of the show because it was recommended.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    But the difference is that they aren't just randomly watching the whole show. I was talking about the fans who watch a whole show, they are watching a match, or a portion of the show because it was recommended.
    This makes sense as to it appealing more to just a "casual" fan, but if you were told "watch this match between X and Y" and see that they are wrestling for something called NXT, CZW, JAPW, ROH, or whatever, wouldn't you look further into that promotion? I caught Sonjay Dutt vs. Matt Cross wrestling for CZW and it got me into looking more at CZW just out of the curious itch I felt after watching such a great match. Same with Evolve after Aries/Moxley. I am not saying you're wrong in what you are saying, but I am just bringing up the fact that these "match only" watches could potentially become followers if the said match strikes your fancy. It was great matches that got people to pay attention to IWA-MS.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.