Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ovw

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    I don't care whether it's TNA or WWE to be fair.
    Yeah, the succes WWE had with Tough Enough is non-existant. You can debate other participants, but if you just look at the winners, it was a useless show.
    NXT is almost the same story, but we at least had 1 impactfull winner, but that show had just an awful, awful format to begin with.
    It looked good on the surface, but those 'comedy' or entertainment challenges really fucked up that show.
    And yes, NXT is a internationally available show, but not because it's a web series, because it's only available on Hulu and that's an US only site and to actually watch it you have to shell out 7 or 8 dollars per month and I don't think millions of people have recently made an Hulu plus account, so the reach of that show in the US is almost non-existant.
    It is also available internationally on TV, but that doesn't matter, because the only country that is really important for the WWE is the USA. All the other countries are just an extra income of rights fees.
    John Morrison says hello. And that's a rather mindless arguement...if anything it just proves that only a select few actually make in the industry. Also, TNA is a different company than WWE, so who's to say that they couldn't turnout stars with a minor league program? Tough Enough and NXT were competitions...there was no mention of that with OVW.

Um, but we're not just talking about Hulu...its available on the web by other means as well.

Did you really just say all the other countries' viewership doesn't matter?! Oh boy...lets forget about the advantages of being a MNC and that the euro is worth more than the american dollar!

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Why put OVW on TV? Wouldn't it make more sense to, well I don't know, give that spot to TNA for another show?

Since I am a gambling man, I would say this is probably going to be less of a wrestling show and more of a behind-the-scenes reality show. As long as it is not botch city, it could work in TNA's favor. You have a chance to connect with these younger guy before they go up to TNA. Mr. Pect-whatever could have used some screen time before he came out to crickets at BFG.
    Good arguement

btw..."RESPECT THE WARRIORS!!!"
    Last edited by Xpacfan; 10-24-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    Miz, John Morrison, Melina, Matt Morgan, and Kenny King says hello.

Again...NXT: Wade Barrett, Ryback, and AJ would like a word with you.

If you read what I fucking posted, you would have read that I was only commenting on the winners of that shows.

Miz has been pretty succesfull so far, Morisson is gone, Melina is gone, Morgan is gone, King was never even in the WWE. Neither of them are huge stars. All of them are mid-carders, and will probably stay a mid-carder in WWE except The Miz, who is the only one still there.

Yes, Barrett has some succes there and can be a main eventer for years. He was the exception from TE and NXT. Ryback is doing ok now, we have to wait to see what happens, because he has just started his career. Didn't win TE though. AJ is the same story, she has just started her career. Who knows what they will be doing with her, but I would certainly not call her a succes from NXT, which she didn't won.

If you consider what TE and NXT brought to the WWE, it is not much. Maybe 3 main eventers and a bunch of mid-carders, but at least they got the rights fees from the shows though.

Um, but we're not just talking about Hulu...its available on the web by other means as well.
    What you mean illegally downloading? How the fuck is that going to matter? Only hardcores download NXT illegally, so that means nothing in the big picture.

Did you really just say all the other countries' viewership doesn't matter?! Oh boy...lets forget about the advantages of being a MNC and that the euro is worth more than the american dollar.
    The majority of the revenue comes from the USA, that will always be the case so it doesn't matter whether they have TV in Europe, it's just extra income.
    You can probably substract the revenue outside North America and the WWE will survive. Substract the revenue from North America and the WWE will have to downsize considerably.
    And it means absolutely nothing that the euro is more worth than the dollar.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

everyone you know what this means , Cliff motherfucking Compton on tv YES! YES! YES!
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

If you read what I fucking posted, you would have read that I was only commenting on the winners of that shows.

Miz has been pretty succesfull so far, Morisson is gone, Melina is gone, Morgan is gone, King was never even in the WWE. Neither of them are huge stars. All of them are mid-carders, and will probably stay a mid-carder in WWE except The Miz, who is the only one still there.

Yes, Barrett has some succes there and can be a main eventer for years. He was the exception from TE and NXT. Ryback is doing ok now, we have to wait to see what happens, because he has just started his career. Didn't win TE though. AJ is the same story, she has just started her career. Who knows what they will be doing with her, but I would certainly not call her a succes from NXT, which she didn't won.

If you consider what TE and NXT brought to the WWE, it is not much. Maybe 3 main eventers and a bunch of mid-carders, but at least they got the rights fees from the shows though.

What you mean illegally downloading? How the fuck is that going to matter? Only hardcores download NXT illegally, so that means nothing in the big picture.

The majority of the revenue comes from the USA, that will always be the case so it doesn't matter whether they have TV in Europe, it's just extra income.
    You can probably substract the revenue outside North America and the WWE will survive. Substract the revenue from North America and the WWE will have to downsize considerably.
    And it means absolutely nothing that the euro is more worth than the dollar.
    Only hardcores download nxt ? no sir most of us just watch it on youtube or daily motion
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    Some of you got to remember many of regional Indy companies that WWF was pretty much involved with in the 1990s.... As I said Smokey Mountain had a good healthy sydicated TV deal, was basically a place where WWF/E got most of their talent in the 1990s....

You got to expose the talent to the nation somehow, or they will be unknown for the most... Except for those who lives near the promotion, or follow the promotion....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    Only hardcores download nxt ? no sir most of us just watch it on youtube or daily motion
    How you watch it doesn't matter, you're still a hardcore.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

How you watch it doesn't matter, you're still a hardcore.
    No, I'M HARDCORE!!!

Sorry, but that just made me think of Tommy Dreamer.

Auto, while I understand what points you are trying to get across, I will gladly disagree that it would be a "bad thing" to expose some talent in OVW. I think you said it best when you stated that
    show about OVW itself and less focus on the individuals then there is no problem though
    I don't think this should be a show to "promote" one or two wrestlers (say only Mr. Pec and Cliff), but rather a show to promote the OWV and it's talent as a whole. If anything, it will give TNA a platform to work on ideas for a second show as well as see which of these guys are ready for a bit of larger media coverage. As long as it focuses on OVW though, I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    *epic snip*
    Got nothing to say on the matter but that your sig pic is the epic of epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sneakiness View Post
    Got nothing to say on the matter but that your sig pic is the epic of epicness.
    Credit to the one that is Robstar. He gets the glory for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    Like I said, it only appears to be bad because TNA is doing it...
    I like TNA, been watching it for years. And I still think this is a bad idea. Why is airing OVW a bad idea? (In my eyes)

WWE has the funds to produce NXT. The NXT-facility is just a tad bit smaller than the Impact Zone. Their cameracrew is large and well equiped. They splash cash and effort on montages and promofilms (remember Bray Wyatt's film?). The NXT-trainers are top notch. The talent pool is bigger, and further along in their career. No matter how young and rash Bo Rotunda is, Kassius Ohno can help him out. Almost all matches on NXT are between a (relatively) veteran guy and a younger dude. And although they produce a show, I still think it's just an exercise. They are testing the talent and have the money to do that.

I just watched an episode on ovwwrestling.com. The facility is a glorified gym, entrance ramp is 10 feet long. The sound (and color commentating) aren't that good. The camera angle is mostly fixed in the centre, with one or two guys walking around. That's not enough to film a 8 man tag match and make it look good. The wrestling was okay.. TNA can always give WWE a run for their money wrestlingwise, so can OVW / NXT.
    But making a tv-show is more than wrestling, it has to have a certain production value to be a valid televised mainstream show. I don't think it's worth the investment TNA has to make, and they would have to invest because the product bears their name. I don't think they have the money, don't think it's a wise investment if they do, because if they have money to spend: produce a few live shows outside of the impact zone, raid some talent from the indies.. I don't think OVW will provide enough return on the investment.
    Last edited by Marx; 10-25-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'