Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Ovw

  1. #1
    Black Ninja! HCollins-TNA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    from West Virginia and lived in Virginia
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ovw

    Frank Miller, Director of operations for OVW tweeted the following announcement adding some credence to the rumors that SpikeTV is indeed going to be airing a show based on OVW, TNA's developmental territory. Miller tweeted the following:

    "Come out to Ovw tomorrow oct 24th. Spike tv will be there filming a new show you don't want to miss and your truly will be on it !"
    Seen this on another site if so this can help get some stars known before they go to TNA...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Bad idea if they are going to show the developmental guys.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  3. #3
    Black Ninja! HCollins-TNA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    from West Virginia and lived in Virginia
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Bad idea if they are going to show the developmental guys.
    But good idea to expose them to a national audience....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    But good idea to expose them to a national audience....
    No, that's a bad idea.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  5. #5
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,811
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Bad idea if they are going to show the developmental guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    No, that's a bad idea.
    Care to elaborate on why you think it's a bad idea?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #6
    Black Ninja! HCollins-TNA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    from West Virginia and lived in Virginia
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    No, that's a bad idea.
    You say bad idea... I say good.... It also help OVW in growth....
    Look at other companies who had a healthy TV deal in the past... SMW how it expanded... Then ECW also the same as it grew in the 90s....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

  7. #7
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Care to elaborate on why you think it's a bad idea?
    Ofcourse. The reason guys, in theory, are in developmental is because they aren't ready for the main roster. Whether that is wrestling-wise or character-wise. So that means you're exposing guys who aren't ready to the national audience already, while they still need to debut for TNA. So if you got a guy who is on that OVW show and is absolutely dirt worst, but after that show is finished improves tremedously, the audience will have prejudices. So when he actually debuts, it will work against him for a while and you'll never know if that will impact his push.
    If that show is a one-off show or some show about OVW itself and less focus on the individuals then there is no problem though.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  8. #8
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,811
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Ofcourse. The reason guys, in theory, are in developmental is because they aren't ready for the main roster. Whether that is wrestling-wise or character-wise. So that means you're exposing guys who aren't ready to the national audience already, while they still need to debut for TNA. So if you got a guy who is on that OVW show and is absolutely dirt worst, but after that show is finished improves tremedously, the audience will have prejudices. So when he actually debuts, it will work against him for a while and you'll never know if that will impact his push.
    If that show is a one-off show or some show about OVW itself and less focus on the individuals then there is no problem though.
    To counter that, I'd say that it works for WWE with NXT.
    NXT is televised to a small audience, and Imo, that motivates the talents to step up their training because they know that they're being exposed to at least a small amount of people.
    That's just my take on it though. It has pros and cons for sure.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  9. #9
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    To counter that, I'd say that it works for WWE with NXT.
    NXT is televised to a small audience, and Imo, that motivates the talents to step up their training because they know that they're being exposed to at least a small amount of people.
    That's just my take on it though. It has pros and cons for sure.
    Yes, with the important difference that NXT is not being broadcast nationally. That's the perfect way of doing it.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  10. #10
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,255
    Guys your all wrong its for TNA's rip off of tough enough they have 4 wrestlers from england in ovw atm.

    These include Rockstar Spud, the Blossom Twins and some other guy!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.