Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a third show

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    1. HHH already runs a show, it's called NXT and it's pretty damn good.

2. Get over the Attitude Era shit. It was not everything the fans make it out to be. The rating of the show does not matter, it's the creativity. You could make a G rated show successful with the right storylines and matches.

3. Another show is NOT I repeat NOT needed
    agreed, getting over only required swearing, every match had some gimmick or interference and the stories were way to ridiculous
    it was basically jerry springer

however, the wwe has a LOT of guys, talented ones that aren't getting enough tv time, by logic a third brand could work to some dgree, the halfway point between the NXT and RAW/SMACKDOWN, help guys transition better, kinday like WWECW did

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Yeah but adding something extreme in the match makes it better and more interesting.
    Ya know I actually agree. Some of my favourite moments in wrestling would be considered extreme. Edge spearing Jeff as he was hanging from the belt springs to mind along with most of what Shane O Mac got up to. My point is that blading isn't extreme, chair shots to the head aren't necessary for extreme and when they're used in every match we become desensitised and expect more and more.
    Using extreme sparingly makes it all the more impactful but it isn't something I need to enjoy wrestling.

Divas to believe in.

The only way WWE will add yet another show...?

If someone throws more money at them.

RAW - 3 hours because USA WANTED it to be and is PAYING for the third hour.

SD - Should have went live, but WWE doesn't care about promoting it anymore.

NXT - HHH ran, pretty good, should be back on TV.

SS - Hahahahha. SS.

ME - Ion wanted a show and was going to pay for it. They got a pretty damn good show.

However, I would like to see a Cruiserweight themed show.

In any event;

There is arguably too much wrestling on TV now, as it is:

3 hours of RAW
    2 Hours of SD
    1 hour of Main event
    30 minutes of SMS
    2 hours of Impact
    1 hour of ROH
    1 hour of AAA
    Presumably
    1 hour of OVW

For a total of:

10:30, not counting my projected hour of OVW
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    WWE has enough trouble filling 3 hours of Raw and keeping SmackDown a good show to watch, not to mention they have NXT and there Saturday morning show. Even and a HUGE even if they added a third show there is no way they would make that "r16". Why would they build a new how to bring in the attitude era? They would just take there current shows and do that.

If HHH has not learned what it really takes to run a company by now then giving him a show wouldn't hep any. Besides giving him a show is different then giving him a company to run. How would giving him a show help him learn what it takes to run a company? Vince would still make all final calls on the show, so it would make now difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    The reason WWE won't add any show that is not PG rated is because they spent a veritable shit ton of money promoting the fact the ALL their programming is family friendly. While Linda has political ambition, John Cena is an ambassador for Make a Wish and WWE support B A Star there WILL NOT BE ANY NON PG SHOWS.

As a side note, who actually enjoys seeing people smash each other over the head with chairs or secretly take a razorblade and cut themselves to bleed? I'm 30, so I saw ECW and the attitude era. I've also suffered concussions and facial lacerations (potholes and bicycles don't mix) and I saw the fall out after the Benoit murders. I watch old wrestling now, or CZW, and cringe at what they do to each other. I've said before if I want to watch people mess themselves up for no reason there's Jackass and Dirty Sanchez, wrestling doesn't need extreme violence to be good (see Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler on Monday's Raw) nor does it need homophobia, racism or misogyny.
    WWE can remain PG and produce fantastic, enthralling TV (the summer of Punk, Wrestlemania 28) while showing some of the best pro wrestling in the world. When they don't, it's not because they're PG it's because their writers suck.

(Sorry, I have a headache and I'm ranting, I know.)
    Quality post, man.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

The reason WWE won't add any show that is not PG rated is because they spent a veritable shit ton of money promoting the fact the ALL their programming is family friendly. While Linda has political ambition, John Cena is an ambassador for Make a Wish and WWE support B A Star there WILL NOT BE ANY NON PG SHOWS.

As a side note, who actually enjoys seeing people smash each other over the head with chairs or secretly take a razorblade and cut themselves to bleed? I'm 30, so I saw ECW and the attitude era. I've also suffered concussions and facial lacerations (potholes and bicycles don't mix) and I saw the fall out after the Benoit murders. I watch old wrestling now, or CZW, and cringe at what they do to each other. I've said before if I want to watch people mess themselves up for no reason there's Jackass and Dirty Sanchez, wrestling doesn't need extreme violence to be good (see Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler on Monday's Raw) nor does it need homophobia, racism or misogyny.
    WWE can remain PG and produce fantastic, enthralling TV (the summer of Punk, Wrestlemania 28) while showing some of the best pro wrestling in the world. When they don't, it's not because they're PG it's because their writers suck.

Thank you. All of this is correct.

i do still enjoy wwe now think the matches are quite good and i dont think the writers are as bad as everyone says as i have picked up on a few things recently that madee think they are ok

i had no idea triple hhh ran nxt so i might just start watching it more

Ya know I actually agree. Some of my favourite moments in wrestling would be considered extreme. Edge spearing Jeff as he was hanging from the belt springs to mind along with most of what Shane O Mac got up to. My point is that blading isn't extreme, chair shots to the head aren't necessary for extreme and when they're used in every match we become desensitised and expect more and more.
    Using extreme sparingly makes it all the more impactful but it isn't something I need to enjoy wrestling.
    I agree with you.My point is not to remove extreme at all but keep it in high profile matches and main events

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Raw and Smackdown are good enough.... NXT on HULU is a bonus... the other ones I dont care about much

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!