Threaded View

"Shockability" factor in wrestling

I wanted to talk a little bit about the shock factor in professional wrestling today and yes "shockability" is a word Anyways I was just wondering... what happened? Remember when the Radicalz 1st showed up? Remember when DX went to pay a visit to WCW? As a fan I didnt know what the heck was going to happen next. Or the time Jericho made his debut and got that HUGE pop. Even then I don't think the fans entirely understood who was coming and you could tell by their reaction when his name popped up on the titantron. I know it may seem like I'm tryna dwell on things in the past and the attitude era but I'm not. I'm just wondering what happened??? I guess what I'm tryin to say is... Did internet sites like this one, touting, and other sources of web media ruin the shock factor in wrestling? Don't get me wrong I really like this site and I tend to ignore the spoilers BUT even the WWE website was guilty of this not too long ago. They had already posted the winner of the Miz/Kofi int title match before I got a chance to watch it! That can't be good for business right? Anyways let me know what you think. Do you think it's web media, Do you not care, is it even possible to "shock" fans anymore? Lemme know whatcha think, all comments are welcome and thanks for taking time to read *out*