Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who can be the new Rey Mysterio?

It saddens me to say this, but Rey really is near the end of his career. I don't know if he's fully healed or that the last injury just took to much out of him, but he's much, much slower and needs a lot of assistance, while he has further toned down his moveset. It was painfully obvious when he went for the splash: it wasn't a splash, just an barely controlled belly flop.

Some will say he's been over the hill for half a decade, with which I do not agree. He had a fantastic match with John Morrison for the IC-title, in which he showed that he (at that time) could still go if he wanted/needed to.

I am not calling for him to quit. That's up for him/WWE to decide, and they should do it big and right when it's time. And further more: he still has something to offer. He helps Sin Cara a lot, he stills gets a big pop, and the kids/mask thing on his way to the ring is a cool thing that turns fans into fans for life. It makes the night for every kid, but also for every dad that took his kid to the show, and I think that's cool.

Which brings me to this: who do they need to start grooming to take over when Rey calls it quits? Sin Cara of course in a way, but I don't see him pulling of the talking & being a genuine nice guy. Kofi Kingston springs to mind, but also needs a lot of work. How are they going to make Kofi relevant, more than a perennials mid carder?
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

They got the perfect guy in Cara to be honest.
    For his spot he is already way over than he should be. Was major draw in Mexico.
    He just needs to learn English and work out the flaws in his game.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    They got the perfect guy in Cara to be honest.
    For his spot he is already way over than he should be. Was major draw in Mexico.
    He just needs to learn English and work out the flaws in his game.
    I agree ^ It's the easy answer, but it's the right one in my opinion..

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    I guess Sin Cara unless he botches again and gets fired, that would leave Hunico if he's still employed LOL

Blog Entries
    Well isn't this the reason Sin Cara was employed? To be Msterio's replacement?

Other candidates include Evan Bourne, Trent Baretta (this guy is incredible in the ring), Justin Gabriel and Hunico (I hope he dons a mask again).
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I agree that they got Sin Cara to be the replacement Rey, and they share the mask/style/marketing towards kids. But Rey has a genuine likeability factor. I can't remember anyone trashtalking him.

I like Sin Cara, but it's not a likeable guy.. his mask of course limits storytelling by facial expression, but it also is the way he moves and sells, the lack of relevant feuds, his lack of interaction with the crowd.

Wrestlingwise Sin Cara is the new Rey, but I don't think he's the same kind of wwe superstar.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    I agree that they got Sin Cara to be the replacement Rey, and they share the mask/style/marketing towards kids. But Rey has a genuine likeability factor. I can't remember anyone trashtalking him.

I like Sin Cara, but it's not a likeable guy.. his mask of course limits storytelling by facial expression, but it also is the way he moves and sells, the lack of relevant feuds, his lack of interaction with the crowd.

Wrestlingwise Sin Cara is the new Rey, but I don't think he's the same kind of wwe superstar.
    Well give the guy a chance man. We haven't heard him cut a promo yet.
    Regarding the mask hindering storytelling, while that's true, he managed to do it fine using a similar mask in Mexico as Mystico.

Cara's not been given a proper chance yet. Plus, IMO, if WWE protect him properly, Mysterio still has a couple of years left in him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Well give the guy a chance man.
    I like Sin Cara, defended him in the past and am glad WWE has that style. I just doubt his likeability. But your right, he should get some time.

Starting point for me to start this thread was the time Mysterio has left though, and I don't agree with you on that. I really was shocked and saddened (because I wish him well) by his movement on Raw.

I hope Rey has the time to put Sin Cara over and then receives a grand farewell..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    I like Sin Cara, defended him in the past and am glad WWE has that style. I just doubt his likeability. But your right, he should get some time.

Starting point for me to start this thread was the time Mysterio has left though, and I don't agree with you on that. I really was shocked and saddened (because I wish him well) by his movement on Raw.

I hope Rey has the time to put Sin Cara over and then receives a grand farewell..
    If Mysterio can stay fit, then he can have a couple more year. Not saying he will, since it's a very big 'if' whether or not he can stay fit.

If Mysterio thinks it's time to call it quits, then I hope that his Wrestlemania match against Sin Cara (assuming they have it at WM29) is his farewell, and passing of the torch kind of deal.

Sin Cara is the obvious choice that's why they signed him.Hunico with mask will be good too

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....