Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The face of the wwe

Jeff Hardy is one of the most popular wrestlers in the world right now and the face of TNA. So i was thinking if he hadn't made the choices he had in the past do you guys think Jeff could have bin in Cena's place as the face of the WWE if he would have stayed away from drugs and stayed in the WWE.

No. This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm a life long Jeff Hardy fan and for me, the spot he has in tna right now and the reason people are so emotionally invested in him is because of the problems he's had. Seeing him hit rock bottom and drag himself up again to where he's now clean and well respected by the people in teh company is amazing and I honestly don't think WWE would have given him that chance especially if he showed up smashed for a ppv match like he did with sting.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    No, he doesn't have natural charisma - despite his kooky nickname. Jeff is a decent performer but for all his effort and the effort of the fans who really want to try to have an affinity with him, he has never really been able to tick all the boxes at the same time. He lacks the X factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No, he doesn't have natural charisma - despite his kooky nickname. Jeff is a decent performer but for all his effort and the effort of the fans who really want to try to have an affinity with him, he has never really been able to tick all the boxes at the same time. He lacks the X factor.
    While I agree with this statement, I am not sure if Hardy is TOTALLY lacking charisma needed. If you watched him when he transformed into that "Anti-Christ" role he played, he became comfortable after a bit of time and began commanding that role with some darker promos. I hated the role because you can tell Hardy is MUCH more comfortable in his "fan favorite" role because he is one of the few people in the business you can truly see his appreciation for his fans come out both in and out of the ring. I think the problem with Hardy is that he has simply been Jeff Hardy his entire career. If he could get a role that he could sink his teeth into and has his full investment into, he might be able to impress us.

I don't think it would be enough to say that he could "carry" the WWE ship, but he could definitely sit in that Number 2 or 3 role comfortably. I think if TNA is to give him something more besides just being the leader of the "creatures", he could carry TNA up a few levels, but the cap is very low for his ability to raise the company higher outside of passing his cult following torch to a newer star, so long as TNA would market that star outside of just Florida. He is sound in his interviews with the press, but if you followed Storm or Roode (especially Roode) when they would do press interviews, these two are able to not only self-promote but promote highly for the up and coming company. With Hardy, his time in WWE allows for only questions directed towards his time in WWE and his drug issues, which in turn prevents him from carrying a company such as WWE or TNA. That said, he would indeed do wonders for smaller companies, as expected, like ROH (although the fans would go APE SHIT crazy), CZW, House of Hardcore, NWA-Hollywood, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Jeff has had other characters. Check out these beauties!

Jeff has had other characters. Check out these beauties!

Can't watch youtube at Work

Pics can help for me to relate what you are talking about, but as far as I know, Hardy has played Hardy. His time in the "New Brood" I still consider to be him, because those are types of characters (vampires) that appeal to his "out of the norm" way of thinking. Also, I don't count him being the Jester for KOTR as a "character" he played.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    These two characters of his are like a cross between Jushin Liger and some weird monster Oompa Loompa. And that's by no means an exaggeration!

These two characters of his are like a cross between Jushin Liger and some weird monster Oompa Loompa. And that's by no means an exaggeration!
    Is this what you're talking about?

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Is this what you're talking about?

Oh no, that's tame compared to these ones.

Oh no, that's tame compared to these ones.
    Oh really. Take a screen shot and post it. I am quite interested, yet lack the ability to watch video at this point. I'm searching for a picture, but can't find anything as crazy as you're depicting.

DRG hates everyone