Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    When Jack Swagger returns...

    I think he'll go after Cesaro. You might ask why? Well my guts tell me so and there are a few reasons too. First off all, there was a clear hint. I don't know which one, but I remember watching a Backstage Fallout video after he already won the US Title in which he said "no American is a match for me". It feels logical when you think Swagger is The all American American.

    Second, I think his hiatus is the beginning of a face turn. He needed to make a tweak in his character ever since his failed stint with the World title. So face Swagger vs. heel Cesaro... I like that idea. Plus it'll give Cesaro and Swagger, who both are underrated stars who could become big stars, something worthwhile to do.

    Thirdly, as I mentioned his failed stint as the World champ, his run with the US title wasn't that great either. So I guess, you could see this as a second chance for Swagger because as I mentioned, Swagger could be a big time player if used right.

    Any comments?

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,688
    Blog Entries
    1
    One thing I noticed in your post is that you said that Cesaro's underrated. I don't think he is underrated one bit. Most the IWC like him, and it's well documented that WWE management are high on him.

    OT:
    I agree that a face Swagger vs Cesaro for the US title could be a great feud if done right. I'm still not sold on Swagger's talking ability, but as an American going after an European for the US title, he'll have no problem getting the crowd behind him.
    As far as the matches go, Swagger vs Cesaro should serve up 4*/5* matches. They're both incredible in the ring, so the matches should be spectacles.

    I'd love to see this feud happen. Anything to get Swagger back on track.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  3. #3
    Not a bad idea at all. I agree Swagger's character needs some serious tweaking if he is ever going to regain his relevance.

    Quick thought: If Cesaro continues talking about 'No American can beat him', I'd be curious to see them introduce Derrick Bateman with his "Chicks and America" gimmick. I'm generally not a fan of throwing people into the mid-card title scene too quickly, but at this point, I've come to terms with it. If Cesaro was cutting an anti-America promo and Bateman came out in some Stars Stripes and Camo with a babe in his arms, I'd cheer my ass off for him. USA!


    "I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,688
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Not a bad idea at all. I agree Swagger's character needs some serious tweaking if he is ever going to regain his relevance.

    Quick thought: If Cesaro continues talking about 'No American can beat him', I'd be curious to see them introduce Derrick Bateman with his "Chicks and America" gimmick. I'm generally not a fan of throwing people into the mid-card title scene too quickly, but at this point, I've come to terms with it. If Cesaro was cutting an anti-America promo and Bateman came out in some Stars Stripes and Camo with a babe in his arms, I'd cheer my ass off for him. USA!
    I think I'm right in saying that WWE have started promoting his new 'USA Man' gimmick. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bateman with that gimmick when he comes back.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  5. #5
    If given more than five minutes, I think that has great potential. Good idea.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    One thing I noticed in your post is that you said that Cesaro's underrated. I don't think he is underrated one bit. Most the IWC like him, and it's well documented that WWE management are high on him.

    OT:
    I agree that a face Swagger vs Cesaro for the US title could be a great feud if done right. I'm still not sold on Swagger's talking ability, but as an American going after an European for the US title, he'll have no problem getting the crowd behind him.
    As far as the matches go, Swagger vs Cesaro should serve up 4*/5* matches. They're both incredible in the ring, so the matches should be spectacles.

    I'd love to see this feud happen. Anything to get Swagger back on track.
    Yes, I can agree that I used the wrong words on Cesaro's part. I meant that WWE should use him even more. Off course you could say that he has been used prominently. But still, I love his work and there should be more.

  7. #7
    when he returns he will go back to jobbing.

  8. #8
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,688
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Yes, I can agree that I used the wrong words on Cesaro's part. I meant that WWE should use him even more. Off course you could say that he has been used prominently. But still, I love his work and there should be more.
    Yeah I see what you mean. I'm confident though that WWE will use him more and more going forward. His US title run is apparently a test for him and a make or break moment for him. Given that he's so far doing a good job, I think he'll be fine going forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    when he returns he will go back to jobbing.
    Why on earth would you want Swagger to go back to jobbing?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  9. #9
    When he returns ? I didn't even notice he was gone

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    When he returns ? I didn't even notice he was gone
    Unless something else happened, he walked out on AJ for some reason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.