Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar83 View Post
    Let's just say you just bought TNA Wrestling from Dixie Carter and as the title says If YOU fixed TNA (Impact Wrestling) what would you do different? Who would be Champions? What would the Roster look like? Would you name a GM? If so who would it be? Would you even change the format to TV MA?

In other words how would you make the Ratings go threw the roof and expand and actually give McMahon a run for his money.
    I've blogged about this before during the half a billion dollar Powerball a few months back. If I won that, I would have bought TNA and changed just about everything. So, as a hypthetical, here's the changes I would make.

1. Get off Spike TV. Try for FX or another station with a more broad and diverse audience. On a station that consistently shows Manswers, 1000 Ways to Die, and Star Wars reruns, you have no reach.

2. Create stars. They need to market their product. The reason nobody watches it now, is because nobody knows who these guys are. People are so hung up on the ex-WWE guys who they see as past their prime, that they don't even give the show a chance. They need to make true faces of TNA. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, James Storm, these guys are perfect. They need to get them doing promotional appearances, talk shows, etc. Then when it comes time to do media blitzes, it should be these guys doing them.

3. Bischoff and Hogan have to go. Hogan is still a big time celebrity, but not in the wrestling world. He's known more now for sex tapes, his reality shows, his divorce, and sadly, his son's death. As for Bischoff, let him do something behind the scenes for the business aspect of it, but as far as having really anything to do with the wrestling side of things, NO. NO. NO. NO. NO!!!. He's got NWO and Goldberg to his name and both are approaching 20 years ago. He's good on the mic and can play a great character, but nobody wants to see him anymore. I think Dixie Carter has relied way too much on him and Hogan. They both gots to go.

4. A second show. Not only do they need a new station, they need a second show. They have too much young talent that they leave off their weekly show because of the need for segments involving Hogan. This week we have championship Thursday which means we'll have another 4 or 5 segments where Hogan is sucking away valuable TV time. They should do a second show, even if for only an hour, in an odd timeslot like WCW's Saturday Night used to be. Saturday at 6pm. Feature some X Division matches, some secondary storyline building, take some time recap Impact, and hold those tapings in the Impact Zone the way they used to. Film back to back episodes on consecutive days or something, to eliminate travel.

5. Get on the road. I cannot stress this enough. Tour college campuses. College kids love when events come to campus. $10 a ticket will sell out any college arena. Start small, and build a name for yourself. Hit some lower division schools like Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Monroe, UAB, etc. But not only that, get out and about more. Don't just limit yourself to the southeast corner. Do they want to be territorial, or do they want to become big time? Get up to the northeast. Get out west. Get into Canada, the native homeland of one of your top stars. There's so much potential, but they limit themselves. Sometimes, to succeed in business, you need to invest and take risks. This is one they should take.

6. Move to Monday Night. Take WWE on man to man. How many viewers would switch over to watch Impact if Alberto Del Rio came out, spewed on for 10 minutes prior to his match with Santion? Or If Brodus Clay were dancing around like a fool before his match against Yoshi Tatsu? Don't be afraid. How much worse can your ratings get?

There's so much more, but work comes first. These are just some major format ideas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    since when does TNA need fixed ?
    when ratings suffer, marketing plans fail and storylines just aren't paying off for the time invested in them

if i could fix it,
    1. push young, hungry, homegrown talent, let older established stars take a step back and put these goes over in a clean way, NO more legends knocking themselves out on a steel chair.
    2. stop spending so much on one off c-list celebrity appearances, they don't work
    3. tone down the storylines, they over exaggerate and come across like that south park episode
    4. take hogan off tv, he doesn't do anything except waste time. use him in a behind the scenes role occasionally have him make an appearance, if he knows as much about building a company as he claims, use him for that primarily
    5. less gimmick matches, more actual wrestling. when gimmick matches finally do appear, they are more appreciated not overkilled (this counts double for wager matches)
    6. officially change to Impact Wrestling because the "Total Non-stop Action" name sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post
    when ratings suffer, marketing plans fail and storylines just aren't paying off for the time invested in them

if i could fix it,
    1. push young, hungry, homegrown talent, let older established stars take a step back and put these goes over in a clean way, NO more legends knocking themselves out on a steel chair.
    2. stop spending so much on one off c-list celebrity appearances, they don't work
    3. tone down the storylines, they over exaggerate and come across like that south park episode
    4. take hogan off tv, he doesn't do anything except waste time. use him in a behind the scenes role occasionally have him make an appearance, if he knows as much about building a company as he claims, use him for that primarily
    5. less gimmick matches, more actual wrestling. when gimmick matches finally do appear, they are more appreciated not overkilled (this counts double for wager matches)
    6. officially change to Impact Wrestling because the "Total Non-stop Action" name sucks.
    You work on things you can't just change everything and expect it too work, Matt Morgan just returned, Abyss will return or atleast his situation will be explained , aces and will hoefuly introduce new wrestlers.

I don't think you under stand, TNA is the brand, impact wrestling is the show. Like wwe and RAW so you don't just take away the TNA completely because that ruins a heap of merc etc.

Also weather us on the internet like it or not Jeff Hardy as champion Is a huge draw. Let TNA grown and stop try to change it and it mite be better if wwe had been changing the name, firing people and getting rid of people who like it or not draw casual fans I doubt wwe would be around today
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    You work on things you can't just change everything and expect it too work, Matt Morgan just returned, Abyss will return or atleast his situation will be explained , aces and will hoefuly introduce new wrestlers.

I don't think you under stand, TNA is the brand, impact wrestling is the show. Like wwe and RAW so you don't just take away the TNA completely because that ruins a heap of merc etc.

Also weather us on the internet like it or not Jeff Hardy as champion Is a huge draw. Let TNA grown and stop try to change it and it mite be better if wwe had been changing the name, firing people and getting rid of people who like it or not draw casual fans I doubt wwe would be around today
    1. do it gradually, not all at once, obviously
    2. they are doing well with returns but Jeff hardy champion over Aries, i don't like that, neither do a lot of people here
    3. in order for TNA to have brand names, they should establish more than just the one, there's a lot they could do with that extra hour other than TNA rewind
    4. The name still sucks, and merchandise can be changed and sold at discount as a prelude to ushering in change. its not that crazy an idea as the guys in charge almost did it recently
    5. like you said, Jeff hardy is a huge draw, the top draw, why would he need the extra exposure of the world title, couldn't they use it to try bring someone else up to hardy's level also

your last sentence is incomprehensible, your grammar is need of spell-check like a diabetic needs insulin and this is a thread on what we personally would feel would help TNA, irrelevant for someone to tell us we are wrong or try to breakdown our personnel opinions. you're just wasting your own time

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how much TNA would cost?

People you only "FIXING" TNA the way you like it

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post
    1. do it gradually, not all at once, obviously
    2. they are doing well with returns but Jeff hardy champion over Aries, i don't like that, neither do a lot of people here
    3. in order for TNA to have brand names, they should establish more than just the one, there's a lot they could do with that extra hour other than TNA rewind
    4. The name still sucks, and merchandise can be changed and sold at discount as a prelude to ushering in change. its not that crazy an idea as the guys in charge almost did it recently
    5. like you said, Jeff hardy is a huge draw, the top draw, why would he need the extra exposure of the world title, couldn't they use it to try bring someone else up to hardy's level also

your last sentence is incomprehensible, your grammar is need of spell-check like a diabetic needs insulin and this is a thread on what we personally would feel would help TNA, irrelevant for someone to tell us we are wrong or try to breakdown our personnel opinions. you're just wasting your own time
    I don't know why you are trying to insult me.

You didn't say it would be gradual so no it was not "obvious"

Why put the title on him ? well one it keeps hardy happy, 2 it keeps kids happy and 3 they give him the custom belt to sell merch.

Also if you can't handle someone debating with you or disagreeing with you're opinions I don't think a forum site is right for you
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    People you only "FIXING" TNA the way you like it
    This is all just fantasy booking. It has almost nothing to do with fixing anything.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

One thing I would do a little different is I would go for shock factor and bring in the biggest free agents available. But only for short term use 2 maybe 3 PPVs.

Reduce the roster to a core group. Then use a revolving door of talent to keep things fresh. Again using short term contracts. If they are able to get over sign them long term.

Do away with Lock Down ppv.

Blog Entries
    I don't know why you are trying to insult me.

You didn't say it would be gradual so no it was not "obvious"

Why put the title on him ? well one it keeps hardy happy, 2 it keeps kids happy and 3 they give him the custom belt to sell merch.

Also if you can't handle someone debating with you or disagreeing with you're opinions I don't think a forum site is right for you
    for this to be a debate, you would need credible rebuttals that would counteract my proposals, not pale in comparison under the weight of spelling errors, nonsensical sentences and getting so defensive about a hypothetical "What if" topic

and i'm not being insulting, i'm simply debating on higher level that dissects your opinions, as you trying to do mine