Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1tude View Post
    I think wrestling is reverting back to the time where its not cool to watch it anymore. MMA is a part of wrestling's downfall, I mean no disrespect to MMA fans but imo its just a blood sport, I dont want to see people get genuinely injured.
    Agreed with the bold.

As for MMA, there are just too many fighters and too many feds around right now for me to hold my attention. Once the UFC buys them all like the NFL and NBA bought all the other leagues, I think I could be more engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    If it does happen, they should have Douglas Williams and Magnus win either the tag or better yet, two separate singles belts on the same night.
    Magnus will win the TV title in UK i'm calling it now

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Damn you beat me to it lol.

the thing i have against MMA and boxing for that matter is that they will build up a big match for it to end in the 1st round or in a minute. You feel cheated afterwards like you didnt get your moneys worth. Everytime I think of MMA I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfwiToFH0hk

Sorry for going off-topic.

TNA ratings have been the same they have always been - 0.8 to 1.2. I said there is no ratings problems unless you are one of those that compare them to WWE (and because they are lower does not make them a problem).
    TNA was averaging around a 1.2 2 yeas ago. Currently they are hovering between a 0.8 and a 1.0. That's a 20-25% percent drop in average. That's pretty bad. I wouldn't consider that 'the same they have always been'.
    Just so it's clear: I never compared WWE and TNA with each other. That wouldn't make any sense.

I am saying TNA is at the point. I don't think are are able to convert, if you will, a significant amount of WWE's current watchers into WWE and TNA or a purely TNA watcher. Many of their fans a casual meaning that they follow wrestling to a point or too young right now. WWE has an insane loyalty in their fanbase. This is why I believe TNA needs a large pool of wrestling fans to attract a significant amount of viewers (i.e. a "boom").
    Yes, and there's where you're wrong.
    TNA doesn't have to convert WWE fans into TNA fans. There are more than 1 type of wrestling fans where you can attract viewers from. I hope you don't think that the people that watch WWE are 100% of wrestling's fanbase.
    There are enough people that don't watch (mainstream) wrestling anymore, but still from time to time watch bits and pieces or keep up to date with the business.
    The audience is already here, you just need to interest them.

A couple of things here:
    1) TNA does not have the millions needed for a successful campaign
    2) When they do spend, they buy expensive as hell billboards in times square and make other stupid moves
    3) I have seen TNA commercials locally in NY city during Raw and that have not done them any good.
    I know, I was just digressing there.

I don't think TNA has pissed off that many viewers to increase their ratings.
    I don't get this? You mean TNA needs to piss people off to increase their ratings?

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

TNA is a niche product, and they're likely going to remain a niche product for the foreseeable future, at least here in the states, anyways. And I don't say that as an indictment on the quality of the product, either, as I actually think quality is somewhat irrelevant in regards to their ratings situation. I think their numbers are just more reflective on the current culture's attitude to the more hardcore/specific interest that their organization caters to.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Yeah I know, they are a US based company and their biggest concern is ratings in the US. The problem is the US is so over exposed to wresting that it's popularity is in a downfall. Where in other countries who are so starved of wrestling that its popularity is still quite high.
    -------------

If you are selling good in other countries its really huge for TNA.TNA is doing a great job paying more attention in other countries like UK and India.
    ---------

I agree that wrestling fans in other countries are starved of wrestling.....They should do big in those places..if some how TNA can get a fan base in India..they can make profits by selling shit loads of merch...remember India's the second largest populated country...

TNA is not doing much in India..they are on ESPNSTAR in India who have not given a specific time slot to TNA like Tensports have given to WWE...they should move out of ESPNSTAR n should go to some other network may be their trusted Network 18 or I want them to be on Bindass Channel which is targetted for youth n its like real kickass dudes watch that channel...

Ring ka king started off for good ratings but as soon as Indian Premiere League for Cricket started it lost ratings...

But, TNA can do a lot in India..I still remember a couple of years back when Kurt Angle toured India n visited 6cities...along with jay Lethal (Indian Audience do not know much of him except for ppl like me who r huge wrestling fans)...ppl actually paid to see him n only hear him speak...every city was filled with some 1000-1200ppl who paid to have a GLANCE at KURT...remember what would be turn out if Kurt is wrestling??

This is how they have to promote themselves..in India .bring some one like Kurt or RVD or Jeff to India n make them wrestle with TNA's home grown talent like....

Blog Entries
    Let him defend it against some goody goody face after giving a heel promo in India n see how ppl will react to him.. that would be insane...last time ppl threw garbage on him......TNA has not utilized that n go big in India...

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    TNA was averaging around a 1.2 2 yeas ago. Currently they are hovering between a 0.8 and a 1.0. That's a 20-25% percent drop in average. That's pretty bad. I wouldn't consider that 'the same they have always been'.
    Just so it's clear: I never compared WWE and TNA with each other. That wouldn't make any sense.
    Oh I know you never made that comparison. Before I make my counterpoints, obviously everything is in the spirit of debate (I know, it's corny) and I don't want to come across as an asshole or anything like that.

I'll agree with your statement, it was wrong of me to say that they are the same as they have always been. Now we both agree that TNA should not be compared to the E' on many grounds directly but I think the WWE serves as an instrument, if you will, to measure the current environment of mainstream wrestling. TNA's ratings are following a similar pattern of consistent and slight decline on two totally different playing fields.

This is why I claimed that a boom to wrestling would be the best way to raise TNA's ratings. "The rising tide lifts all of the ships" or something like that.

Yes, and there's where you're wrong.
    TNA doesn't have to convert WWE fans into TNA fans. There are more than 1 type of wrestling fans where you can attract viewers from. I hope you don't think that the people that watch WWE are 100% of wrestling's fanbase.
    There are enough people that don't watch (mainstream) wrestling anymore, but still from time to time watch bits and pieces or keep up to date with the business.
    The audience is already here, you just need to interest them.
    Of course the WWE fanbase is not 100% of wrestling fans but they are the largest. Not only that, but they enjoy mainstream wrestling. It should be an easier sell to these folks to tune in Thursday nights. As we established, it would take more money than TNA has in order to let these guys know that Thursday nights also offer a quality, at least as of late, product.

Those who are avid fans of Independent and International wrestling pretty much know of TNA and choose not to watch it. Obviously we don't have numbers but my guess is that many of these people are turned off by the product at some point in time (see point below for more). My opinion, and where I think we agree to disagree, is that going for this group is less important than going for the WWE watchers.

I don't get this? You mean TNA needs to piss people off to increase their ratings?
    Sorry for not making my point clear. I meant that there are definitely a group of people that have been pissed off at TNA over the last couple of years. It will take strong booking and creative to win them back (and they need to win them back). Even if they win back all 100% of these people, I'm not sure it is a large enough group to make an impact (no pun) on the ratings.

Oh I know you never made that comparison. Before I make my counterpoints, obviously everything is in the spirit of debate (I know, it's corny) and I don't want to come across as an asshole or anything like that.

I'll agree with your statement, it was wrong of me to say that they are the same as they have always been. Now we both agree that TNA should not be compared to the E' on many grounds directly but I think the WWE serves as an instrument, if you will, to measure the current environment of mainstream wrestling. TNA's ratings are following a similar pattern of consistent and slight decline on two totally different playing fields.

This is why I claimed that a boom to wrestling would be the best way to raise TNA's ratings. "The rising tide lifts all of the ships" or something like that.
    While that quite possibly could be the easiest way to increase ratings, we don't know when a new boom period is going to happen or if it would even mean that TNA would profit from that, because let's face it: A new boom period will probably happen because of WWE.
    But I think TNA still hasn't maximized their audience. We don't know how big their maximum audience is, but let's just assume it's around 2 million people(the highest rated Impact had around 2 millon viewers(last year post BFG episode)). Right now they are between 1 - 1.3 million. Enough room to grow if you ask me.[/quote]

Of course the WWE fanbase is not 100% of wrestling fans but they are the largest. Not only that, but they enjoy mainstream wrestling. It should be an easier sell to these folks to tune in Thursday nights. As we established, it would take more money than TNA has in order to let these guys know that Thursday nights also offer a quality, at least as of late, product.

Those who are avid fans of Independent and International wrestling pretty much know of TNA and choose not to watch it. Obviously we don't have numbers but my guess is that many of these people are turned off by the product at some point in time (see point below for more). My opinion, and where I think we agree to disagree, is that going for this group is less important than going for the WWE watchers.
    No, you're right that the WWE audience is more important to go after.
    I just think, and this is probably TNA's biggest problem, that they are a light version of WWE. I don't know how many people you are going to attract with basically the same television. Especially now WWE is flooding their audience with programming.

Sorry for not making my point clear. I meant that there are definitely a group of people that have been pissed off at TNA over the last couple of years. It will take strong booking and creative to win them back (and they need to win them back). Even if they win back all 100% of these people, I'm not sure it is a large enough group to make an impact (no pun) on the ratings.
    You probably need like 3 million viewers minimum to be a good primetime program on cable television. I have absolutely no clue whether TNA can amount to that kind of viewership.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''