Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

TNA Rating Issues

Hey y'all. every week when I see the Impact rating and how it dips and peaks at quite a low mark it makes me think what what are they doing wrong. I mean the shows have been stellar since the summer. Many people used to say because its taped, they changed it to live and its seemed to get worse. Others say its because they don't go on the road and to a degree that is true and if they went on the road would that change the ratings? the answer is maybe only slightly.

The main problem TNA has imo is their day and time slot. Moving to 8pm was a huge mistake, they were doing better in the 9pm slot. What TNA needs to do is look at the ratings of all channels during the entire week and pick a day and a prime time slot that is pretty much empty of quality programming and see if spike will let them have it. I'm sure you guys in the states would know what slot TNA would do better in. Here in the UK TNA does well, and granted it is because it is on freeveiw, but with being on a Sunday at 9pm that slot is pretty much dead imo. The PPV's are shown on a Wednesday at 10pm which is a decent slot, only downside to it is that Challenge shows adverts which extends the PPV to 4hours so ending at 2am may hurt it to a degree.

What do you guys reckon?

Their shows aren´t good anymore. They were really good from May till July and from then the quality gradually began to decline.

But it is actually really simple. Something isn´t clicking.
    I suppose it´s the Aces and 8´s angle, since that´s the hardest pushed angle on the show.
    It could also be that Aries wasn´t clicking with the TV audience. Although you would think that ratings would increase now with Hardy as champion, so we have to wait a few weeks for that to be determined.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

TNA has a "ratings problem" when you compare it to WWE's. People need to stop comparing TNA to WWE and vice versa. WWE is on a level that would take TNA ten years to achieve half.

TNA's ratings are consistent and tops any other show on Spike.

To somewhat answer you question, in order for TNA's ratings to improve it will take another boom period in wrestling. Right now TNA has about 25-33% of wrestling fans watching it live. If there are more wrestling fans, than that 25-33% will account for more people. By staying strong with creative and booking they will win back many of the fans they lost in the past, but that number will never hit over a 1.5 unless WWE starts getting back in the 4.5-5.0 range.

since when does a selected group for recorded viewing habits indicate they are doing bad? ratings have less meaning than shit in my toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    since when does a selected group for recorded viewing habits indicate they are doing bad? ratings have less meaning than shit in my toilet.
    I wouldn't go that far. These ratings, though you could question the validity of them, makes or breaks TV shows and networks. The different between a 1.0 and 2.0 are million in ad revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    I actually agree with you on that. It just seems like every where you look its rating this, ratings that. But like the guy above me said rating make or break a show.

Maybe the problem is that wrestling in general is on a huge down turn. I mean look at the Raw ratings recently they're almost down to Smackdown level viewership.

I personally don't think what they are doing on the show or the fact they are in the Impact Zone week after week is the biggest problem. Every time I read these damn ratings almost every time its said they are competing against some bloody sports game. They need to get researching on what day and time doesn't have a sports game or any other ratings draw program.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    TNA has a "ratings problem" when you compare it to WWE's. People need to stop comparing TNA to WWE and vice versa. WWE is on a level that would take TNA ten years to achieve half.

TNA's ratings are consistent and tops any other show on Spike.

[b]To somewhat answer you question, in order for TNA's ratings to improve it will take another boom period in wrestling.[/b
    Huh?
    You are the one who makes the comparison with WWE?
    The OP never mentioned WWE, nor did he indicated to them.

Anyway that bolded line is bullshit.
    You don't need a boom period to improve ratings. You can still grow to a certain point, but if you want to expand beyond that point, you need something that gets really hot and clicks with the audience and that also doesn't neccesarily means you are booming straight away.
    Because you also need the marketingmachine to let people know you've got something really interesting.
    But back to topic, there are at least 5 million fans in the USA that actively follow wrestling, so why not try to get their attention?

And let's not forget that TNA has a horrible history that will probably take an equal amount of years to overcome.

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Huh?
    You are the one who makes the comparison with WWE?
    The OP never mentioned WWE, nor did he indicated to them.
    TNA ratings have been the same they have always been - 0.8 to 1.2. I said there is no ratings problems unless you are one of those that compare them to WWE (and because they are lower does not make them a problem).

You can still grow to a certain point, but if you want to expand beyond that point, you need something that gets really hot and clicks with the audience and that also doesn't neccesarily means you are booming straight away.
    I am saying TNA is at the point. I don't think are are able to convert, if you will, a significant amount of WWE's current watchers into WWE and TNA or a purely TNA watcher. Many of their fans a casual meaning that they follow wrestling to a point or too young right now. WWE has an insane loyalty in their fanbase. This is why I believe TNA needs a large pool of wrestling fans to attract a significant amount of viewers (i.e. a "boom").

Because you also need the marketingmachine to let people know you've got something really interesting.
    But back to topic, there are at least 5 million fans in the USA that actively follow wrestling, so why not try to get their attention?
    A couple of things here:
    1) TNA does not have the millions needed for a successful campaign
    2) When they do spend, they buy expensive as hell billboards in times square and make other stupid moves
    3) I have seen TNA commercials locally in NY city during Raw and that have not done them any good.

And let's not forget that TNA has a horrible history that will probably take an equal amount of years to overcome.
    I touched on this in my initial post. I don't think TNA has pissed off that many viewers to increase their ratings.

Good for TNA! Hopefully they give our friends in the UK a PPV.

Lockdown 2013 in the UK would be insane.