Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whatever happened to creative tag team names?

How'd we go from Motor City Machine Gus and Beer Money Inc. to just Daniels and Kash, Chavo Guerrero and Hernendez, and Kash and Gunner? Where are the creative tag team names that used to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    How'd we go from Motor City Machine Gus and Beer Money Inc. to just Daniels and Kash, Chavo Guerrero and Hernendez, and Kash and Gunner? Where are the creative tag team names that used to be there?
    Unfortunately thats what happens when two guys are shoved together just because theres nothing else for them to do
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Dameduse823 is right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Unfortunately thats what happens when two guys are shoved together just because theres nothing else for them to do
    Pretty much this ^^

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Couldn't said it better.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Agreed.When was the last time 2 geniune brothers or atleast ''brothers" where a top tag team in WWE or TNA?

They stopped about the same time that creative stopped coming up with new storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus n' Eights View Post
    Agreed.When was the last time 2 geniune brothers or atleast ''brothers" where a top tag team in WWE or TNA?
    Why do tag teams have to be "related"? Just because people aren't related, doesn't mean they are thrown together. Besides the Hardyz, Edge and Christian and Dudleyz, are among the best "relative tag teams" that were a top team in WWE, and their names are hardly creative...
    There's also Uso's, Epico and Primo; again not creative.

A lot more "non-relation" teams got names, compared to relative teams, that seem to just take the family name (or have each others first name). Hart Foundation and british bulldog were probably one of the few that actually got a name.

Anyway, to answer your question; for WWE it was the basham brothers and team 3d in TNA. (Uso's haven't won the belts so can't be the top team)

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

They just kind of threw guys together like they are doing now. Tattoo guys like Kash/Gunner; Hernandez/Chavo mexican history

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    They just kind of threw guys together like they are doing now. Tattoo guys like Kash/Gunner; Hernandez/Chavo mexican history
    They've always done that though. They've done that with the MCMG, Beer Money, and Ink Inc. It works if they have chemistry with one another (like Christopher Daniels and Kaz) but I don't see any chemistry with teams like Chavo and Hernandez along with Kash and Gunner which is why those teams are clicking for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.