Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

John Bradshaw Layfield Return to the ring

While watching WWE Main Event I noticed all it took was for JBL to mention being the longest reigning WWE Champion in smackdown history to get booed and it got me thinking a JBL return would give WWE a strong mid-card heel, I could see JBL working with the likes of Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, putting on some hard-hitting matches and maybe can be used to get certain wrestlers over like Kofi Kingston. I think JBL could be really useful on the roster, and I wouldn't mind seeing the clothesline from hell a few more times as well.

Would anyone else want to see JBL return to the ring for one last run.

JBL said he would return to in-ring action if WWE wanted him to. He was one of the biggest heels EVER on SD!. His feud with Eddie Guerrero will always be my favorite along with his Cabinet stable. But up until' his departure he was suffering from severe back pains. I guess if he can climb a mountain then he could get into the ring again(?). But I prefer JBL on the announcers table more. Him and Ross can say some pretty funny and knowledgeable things!
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Sadly nobody cares about JBL. He doesn't have the star power of a guy to be put in a gimmick match like Jerry Lawler, Michael Cole or Jim Ross, and he doesn't have the star power of a guy that can actually wrestle like Booker T. I'm sure JBL can still work, but I don't see the fans caring much at all about him. Remember when he came back? I forget exactly when it was but he wasn't on TV for awhile and he came back all of a sudden and the crowd wasn't dead... they were Divas match-like.

He's going to have to be involved in a storyline and somehow make people care about him before any ring work will actually do anything to help anyone. Since you have Joey Ryan in your sig, it would be much like Joey Ryan and Al Snow... Al Snow by himself? Eh, who cares. You put him in a storyline like TNA did with him and Joey Ryan, then you put him in a match, and it's entirely different. For a WWE example, Booker T and Cody Rhodes. Cody for weeks on end was dissing Booker T(giving him a bag to put over his head and over the mic too) and then they finally had a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    He's going to have to be involved in a storyline and somehow make people care about him before any ring work will actually do anything to help anyone. Since you have Joey Ryan in your sig, it would be much like Joey Ryan and Al Snow... Al Snow by himself? Eh, who cares. You put him in a storyline like TNA did with him and Joey Ryan, then you put him in a match, and it's entirely different. For a WWE example, Booker T and Cody Rhodes. Cody for weeks on end was dissing Booker T(giving him a bag to put over his head and over the mic too) and then they finally had a match.
    I noticed a thread about Miz and how he should turn face, maybe have something where week after week JBL tries to put him down, and have Miz keep winning hard fought matches (Maybe in an intercontinental championship tournament) Like have him take some punishment ein his matches but somehow pull through when he is in the last match before the intercontinental title somehow he gets screwed by JBL. Then we get a rivalry with JBL claiming Miz doesn't deserve to be where he is, but Miz keeps talking about how hard hes worked to get to where he is now, and bamn we got a Miz face turn (which he needs) and a JBL return in a nice mid card feud.

I didn't think he would return.. I know he was pretty beat up last time and with all the projects he has going on, does he really need in-ring wrestling once again in his life?

However if he came back then I would be more then happy to watch him again! Personally, I would rather see him back at the commentary table because he's awesome there and always makes me laugh.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Sadly nobody cares about JBL. He doesn't have the star power of a guy to be put in a gimmick match like Jerry Lawler, Michael Cole or Jim Ross, and he doesn't have the star power of a guy that can actually wrestle like Booker T. I'm sure JBL can still work, but I don't see the fans caring much at all about him. Remember when he came back? I forget exactly when it was but he wasn't on TV for awhile and he came back all of a sudden and the crowd wasn't dead... they were Divas match-like.

What makes you think that?

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Would be good but realistically he would be lost in the shuffle now and with ADR essentially doing the same gimmick a feud would be inevitable.

Normal Member

Please dont speak for the rest, i for one do care about JBL. Even if the new generation hardly knows him, he will still find a way to get under their skin. He was one of the greatest heels on smackdown. If he gets a bit back in shape, i would love to see him feud with others.

...Match of the year...

Blog Entries
    Want him to? Hell yeah! One of the best heels there's ever been!
    I'm really not sure if he's in any shape for an in-ring return though. The reason he retired was because of accumulating injuries if I recall. Plus, he wasn't in amazing shape by the time he finished.

If he's in acceptable shape though and wiling to do an in-ring return, I'm open to seeing him working a sort program with someone, like Booker did with Cody Rhodes.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!