Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Low ratings in US is always a worry.But the ratings will go up after or before Royal Ruble.My only question is if the 3 hour Raw was a good idea

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    IWC seems to be bitching about the ratings saying "WWE sucks now they should do my shitty idea that would just make it worse"(translated it) but they seem to forget about YouTube and DVR. Everyone in the UK use DVR or YouTube (RAW starts at 1am here) and a allot of people use them just to skip adds (and diva matches)
    The entire audience isn't monitored so the ratings only reflect a percentage. The poor ratings only relate to the United states and not any other country. Live Raw actually gets over 160,000 viewers per week in the uk, not taking into account DVR, which is pretty good.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    The entire audience isn't monitored so the ratings only reflect a percentage. The poor ratings only relate to the United states and not any other country. Live Raw actually gets over 160,000 viewers per week in the uk, not taking into account DVR, which is pretty good.
    That allot for a 1am to 4am show lol.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    Not to mention the ratings does not actually portray all of the fans... only selected people's viewing habits are monitored to determine whats good for tv(nielson boxes). so 100 million fans could watch but only 5 million are actually recorded. ratings don't mean shit. Unfortunately even though the ratings do not accurately portray the entire audience a show can get cancelled if the ratings do not fit the profit they make. But we can all agree wwe has been going downhill for a while now and desperately needs to change. I can't even watch a full episode of raw anymore... more interesting things are on that are not the same crap every week
    The same excuses are made for TNA's ratings. Yes the ratings are based off a small sample and quite possibly there are more people than calculated that watch but there could also be less. Regardless, the ratings may not be 100% accurate but they are consistent.

TV networks, shows, and advertisers live and die off of these numbers so they are important. They consider the ratings and amount of people who watch legit and so should we.

Also DVR numbers are recorded, this website just does not post them.

Blog Entries
    Might never improve? So, the football season and the eventual end of it have no effect on Raw ratings?
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    Might never improve? So, the football season and the eventual end of it have no effect on Raw ratings?
    I think he means the overall average is going to be down. Obviously in times between the big PPVs they will be up.

Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    According to the OP, they don't. Even though this happens EVERY GODDAMN YEAR.
    Oh and I doubt WWE cares about UK ratings.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

I still say 3 hours is just too much, a lot a people get burn out and does not watch the whole thing and sorry some people fiond something good and forget to come back until maybe it is too late.

But look at it this way, while they are losing viewers maybe for the Network they are gathering more than the previous show they had (don't know what they had before RAW in the past) so maybe it is not really that much of a loss.

If you see they are even getting two more shows on different networks so the expansion actually is not really that much of a expense for them since they tape the matches before the big shows and they make money out of it.

Ratings might not improve much but they are not doing that bad or bad for what it really matters.

And Wrestling always at some point becomes predictable and recycle story lines, in the end, while a lot of people believe they will fail or would love to see WWE failing, is not going to happen, even if at some point they get an overall of 2.5, they will find a way to remain steady.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    Not to mention the ratings does not actually portray all of the fans... only selected people's viewing habits are monitored to determine whats good for tv(nielson boxes). so 100 million fans could watch but only 5 million are actually recorded. ratings don't mean shit. Unfortunately even though the ratings do not accurately portray the entire audience a show can get cancelled if the ratings do not fit the profit they make. But we can all agree wwe has been going downhill for a while now and desperately needs to change. I can't even watch a full episode of raw anymore... more interesting things are on that are not the same crap every week
    So true if you notice when raw is down, impact and smackdown are down, and when raw is up impact, and smackdown are up. almost by the same precent

Blog Entries
    Hell, I might respond well to Brodus Clay's dance segment or Teddy Long making a tag team match (playa) but I'm streaming it so noone cares about me! Waaaaaaaaa! I wanna be heard!

So, it's completely easy and convenient for me to bitch all over the net about the direction of WWE, making broad generalised comments like the OP of this thread () but at the end of the day, if they're going to translate the ratings like some sort of new age windtalking, while treating them as a definitive indication of what find appealing, then woe be to them. Million dollar woe, pretty easy to live with. But quite probably damaging in the long term.

For more on my theories, feel free to peruse my blog, "HOW THE RATINGS ARE RUINING THE RATINGS IN WWE" here - http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...Ratings-In-WWE