Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OK, you're still missing the part where WWE spammed it on all their social media outlets... see, it's not just the IWC that knows. It's all the casual WWE audience. The ones who didn't already know it was taped. It's not some dude at the show posted the result on a dirtsheet. Well, they did, but WWE went and publicly announced it. I don't know why you keep overlooking that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    We'll see when the ratings come out - though, I don't really think it'll effect things too much. Spoilers rarely ever have exactly what happened in a match.

The IWC may not watch it, but then again - they spend their time on wrestling sites so spoilers for them are unavoidable anyway. WWE /spoiled/ it, but even if they hadn't dirt sheets would have with their '-insert show- results here'

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge View Post
    OK, you're still missing the part where WWE spammed it on all their social media outlets... see, it's not just the IWC that knows. It's all the casual WWE audience. The ones who didn't already know it was taped. It's not some dude at the show posted the result on a dirtsheet. Well, they did, but WWE went and publicly announced it. I don't know why you keep overlooking that.
    Oh yeah, I keep overlooking that.

It still won't do much to affect the ratings, at least, I don't think it will. Though we'll find out soon enough. As long as the viewers stay around 1.33 million, then WWE will be fine with it.

Though, I don't know many people who think anything other than RAW/PPVs is Live as far as WWE programming
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Studies show that when people (especially kids) know the outcome of something, they are more interested in watching it. Look at us and Spiderman/Batman movies. We know the outcome but still enjoy it. That is why Kids watch the same cartoon over and over again. They did this on purpose and know what they are doing!

Blog Entries
    Remember when WCW started their downward spiral after Bischoff spoiled Mankind's title win?
    WCW announcing the Mankind victory created the biggest channel-switch in wrestling history and drew people to WATCH the match, so guaranteeing a title switch on a new (to you) station isn't such a bad idea.

The public has known wrestling was/is taped for decades, so I think "kill" is inaccurate. The general public just watches wrestling to be entertained, not like it's a "real sport" where timeliness is a huge factor.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Remember when WCW started their downward spiral after Bischoff spoiled Mankind's title win? This is kinda like that. You want to keep viewership high, don't spoil it before hand. They're just acknowledging to the general public (ie, the vast majority of their audience that don't read dirt sheets) that the show is taped. This is gonna kill ratings when they're so desperate to gain them.

And since someone is going to latch onto my "downward spiral comment" no, WWE isn't going to go downhill because of this.
    Not really, they have always done this because spoilers always come out. The Spoiled when Edge cashed MITB against The Undertaker in 2007 and when Christian lost the title to Orton since the matches were pre-taped.

They also do this because people also take for granted that when a title match is on TV, nothing happens. Like when Chris Benoit got his rematch form Orton in 2004, there was no chance Benoit would get it back right after Orton just became the youngest World Champion.

SO for this show they are giving it this feeling of big matches and that anything could happen there and well, the show has actually live up to the hype during 3 weeks and it was way more than Superstars.

Blog Entries
    I really think it's kinda ridiculous to spoil their own shows but then again, this is nothing new. They used to do this all the time with their website back in the day with the Smackdown shows. They would give you a chance to look at the results of Smackdown before it even aired.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Disappointing thoughts on Kofi winning IC title again!!

How many times can one man win the IC title before it stops meaning something. Where does he go from here? He has had several runs as IC champion. What is the point of him winning the IC title? I'd much rather have seen him fued with Cesaro so he can say boom in 5 different languages. Where does Kofi go from here? Beat the Miz in a rematch and than what? What are your thoughts on Kofi winning the IC title?

Blog Entries
    Since Cody first dropped it, it has been a transitional title. Show, Christian and now Miz have all held it briefly just to drop it without any real feud behind it. I can see the same happening with Kofi.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread, but when Edge won the World title from Taker they posted posed pics on the website advertising it to maybe tray and get more people to watch, knowing that the belt would change hands. Perhaps thats why they did it here.

Also WWE's twitter actually revealed who would face Punk at HIAC an hour or 2 before it was announced on Raw.

The spoilers are out there anyway so who really cares? If it's not WWE spoiling it, it's the dirt sheets. I didn't like the Twitter thing with the contract signing though, that's a live show.