Page 99 of 158 FirstFirst ... 49 89979899100101 109 149 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare View Post
    Pipebomb! GET SOME!
    You called, dear?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You called, dear?
    No, I'm just waiting :T
    D.O.A.

great interview WF and Krysys- just got around to reading it

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back to another edition of Inside the Tights. Last week Krysys put out his long awaited interview and this week we get an interview from the guy on this site that looks like he wanted this the most. Ladies and gentleman, let's get ready to go Inside the Tights with RomanFlare! Before we begin, Rob gave me a lot of the questions since Roman is one of the first users who's work I never really saw since he was a good bit before my time.

First off welcome to the show, for those unfamiliar with your work, tell us about some of your characters and former creative roles?

I am the Roman One! Hero of Justifiably Badass Wrestling, savior of the unwashed masses!

Most people will be familiar with me on two fronts: One is Rome, aka Romanflare—a masked wrestler who preferred a much more ground and technical moveset. Started as a bot before I came to the company, RomanFlare was pretty much an extension of myself, with a bit of snark added in. The crowning achievement was the unification of the Warfare, Mayhem, and Showdown Heavyweight Championships while competiting as two separate individuals use the guise of "Caesar". Good times were had.

You might also know me from the greatest tag team ever, K-Flare. Rome and K-Jammin worked together in the greatest tag team to ever grace JBW and one that would probably dominate any other tag team around. Working with the Jamster was a complete blast. We trusted each other to write for us, regardless of what it was. We’d trade the duty back and forth and it was always a blast. It was honestly my favorite plotline. It’s good to work with him again, but that’s another story for after this is storyline is finished.

I was also part of the JBW creative system for awhile as I started Showdown under the reign of Dubs--who's actual screenname I've forgotten. WWTNA Mark? I think. Anyway, it was Dubs and Straight Edge Society, Warfare and Mayhem respectively. I worked on a glorified superstars show, but I feel like it has since changed the way JBW presents its shows.

Why did you disappear for so long and then decide to come back all of a sudden?

I completely forgot about the forum. After I remembered, I didn't want to come back as I felt like I'd be held as a villian. I stopped appearing as the Champion! Hell, I might've disappeared after writing the three way between Rome, K-Jammin, and Jman. When I did eventually come back, it was due to boredom and feeling like there was enough time between the events that people would've moved on.

And I did come back out of boredom. I'm not back to solidify my "legacy" or anything like that, just here to have fun.

What do you think of the influx of new JBW stars?

I don't read the shows in their entirity. I don't read most of the shows. I don’t read any other show at all. I can't comment on their work that way. It may seem egotistical, but I'm no longer a member of creative. I have no responsibility to read anything. I'm here to play with my thoughts and ideas. I'm happy to see Jose and Alpha getting recognized for their longevity and their hard work. But the new stars, I cannot comment.

Do you think JBW has changed for the better or worse?

JBW was fucked over by too many changes to the staff. I worked with Dubs, SES, PootHair, Kash, Rob, I think there was the Devil's Advocate in there. I think Jose and Jman were part of the staff too while I was there. It was just too much. Too many different points of views at charge.

Do I think JBW has changed for the worse? Yes, but its no one's fault. Just too many changes too quickly. I stopped writing Showdown just as it became a brand. Dubs and SES left, Kash stopped. Shit happens and it all seemed to hit JBW. Rob should be commended for keeping it afloat. HWA, BWA--they all went under at some point. JBW has its doors open. That's a victory in my eyes.

Man, I really hope Rob doesn’t take this personally. I have a very radical (it seems) opinion on how efedding should be handled, but I respect how much time and effort he puts into making JBW stay afloat. I respect that.

When you were on JBW creative, what was the mood and atmosphere like?

When I first joined, I said to SES and Dubs "Hey, if you guys need any help, lemme know. I can lend my time." And then I got handed Showdown because Dubs knew we had too many talents and not enough time.

Showdown was a blast. It was given my marching orders--who, what match, who wins. I had very little in the way of freedom when it came to Showdown. I made it work, however. I do believe I was the first in JBW to introduce announcers, something that's become a staple. I loved the ads--hilarious and quirky. But I'm most proud of the guest commentator. I had different talents come on each week (occasionally Rome) to throw in two cents. It was fun, particularly when I got Ma$$ and K-Jammin on.

When Kash took over, not much changed, honestly. Kash had a lot of fresh ideas, but the overall mood was still very relaxed. It was never really a hectic time while I was in creative. Sure, we were pushed to put stuff on TV, but the back-and-forth between members was solid and the ideas were great. I could throw out ideas--and boy did I ever. Still do, actually. Rob can atest to that--and Dubs, Kash, or Rob would tell me what they thought.

I never really tried to push Rome. I think SES fell in love with how laid back I was about the character and my promo style. When I first started talking to him, I was a glorified jobber. Then I joined the stable on Mayhem, Eyes? I don't even remember, it's so long ago. Then I just kept going up. Hell, the unification was a good story, but that's for later.

So, yeah, the mood was laid back. I have no idea how it is today, but back then it was fun.

I’ll take this section to tell my stories from that time, if you don’t mind. The biggest thing to happen to me and what I think is still the biggest moment in JBW history, maybe second behind Shuriken joining, was the Caesar/Rome unification scenario.

It all started as a joke. You may not believe this, but none of it went how I originally planned. I first started talking shit about unifying the titles to put over Rome as an overarrogant asshole and to talk shit to champions. I have a completely different storyline in mind that would eventually retire Rome and put over a new comer very quickly. But then Kash decided he DID want to unify the titles and the path of Rome and Caesar were forever changed.

But here’s how I wanted Caesar to happen:

Yes, Caesar was always planned to be Rome. But he wasn’t supposed to be on the shows at the same time. When Showdown was going to an actual brand, I wanted Rome to retire. He would become the non-active General Manager of the show. He was going to be a dick, but I wasn’t going to use it to put him over. I wanted Rome to take a back seat so I could put over other people. Then Showdown’s draft was a little shit, but hey, I could’ve made it work.

The idea was for Sly to overthrow Rome as the general manager. Sylvester, who I believe actually does still appear on the shows, was supposed to turn heel and have a new up and comer break Rome. I wanted a big, bad monster character—Lesnar and Heyman to use a modern idea. I wanted this man to come in with Sly as his mouth piece and, after weeks of build up, debut against Rome at a PPV where the winner was the general manager. Obviously, Rome was going to lose and lose badly.

The new guy would then be pushed to heaven under the Sly GM, winning the Showdown title in a PPV or two. After he ascended to the top of the mountain, Caesar would debut to mixed success. After some close calls, Sly would then pick Caesar as the next challenger, thinking this sub .500 wrestler wouldn’t be a challenge. They would sign a contract, the entire thing would be set in stone. Then, the next show, Rome comes walking down, smiling ear to ear. After some shots back and forth, Rome would rip off the mask. “IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, SLY!”

This would then lead to a bloody, vicious war in a Hell in a Cell for the General Manager position. The hope/idea was to put over both men in a fully-written match that would hopefully rival the real brutality of Hell in a Cell matches. Rome would eventually go over, but ultimately retire the next night, vacating the title and taking his seat back as the general manager—while the beast would be shipped off to Mayhem or Warfare to work their main event.

I’m not joking, this was actually what I wanted to happen. I wanted Rome’s last action as an active wrestler to be make another character. Maybe that’ll still happen.
    Last edited by wrestlingfan66513; 07-23-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you plan on joining any other feds since you have come back?

I'll be completely upfront about this: You'll never see Rome in another federation. I am too loyal to JBW and them giving me my break to take my talents else where. Plus if I ever went to EWNCW--and let's be honest, Rome wouldn't go anywhere else--it'd be to work with Tommy or Beard. I can't do that to their roster. Who am I to walk into the main event?

Would I work with other characters? Hell yes. I'm lobbied different characters at different times. I always tell JBW (Kash/Rob) what I'm doing--I'm very loyal. But I've thrown out feelers. I've gotten positives back, but lemme state that nothing is definite.

This would also be the best place to tell you the failed story of the development league I had my mind on. Back when I was still part of creative, or just after, I wanted to start a creative league. It would be a LOT like RTE seems to be. I messaged Tommy/Beard, JBW's Kash and Dubs (at the time, I think?), HWA (Jose?)--I wanted them ALL on board with this. This was to be for the betterment of the entire section.

The idea was for people to throw in ideas of characters and use the federation to refine the idea. It was also to be a sort of "indy" idea so that the characters weren't coming in without a resume. There was to be a member or two from each major federation working with people to develop their characters. Then there'd be a champion and ranking system. The champion would be guaranteed the next contract coming through the door if he successfully defended his title so many times, creative drama when he gets closer.

But it all fell through. I think it was Tommy who worried that people would be against the idea of being "development". He was probably right at the time.

Oh man, I have a Kash story, albeit short. When I was working with Kash to pitch this developmental idea, he came to me with a new idea. It would be a federation based around abnormal beings—alien wrestling, basically. Iunno if he ever pitched it to anyone else, but it totally happened Kash. You crazy, man.

What do you plan on accomplishing upon your reemergence?

I plan on working with people. I really don't know what else to say. I've got some ideas I wanna work out if given the opportunity. Otherwise it's really just to work with people I've never gotten the chance to directly. Jose, Alpha come to mind. Iunno if I ever got to even touch Shuriken. I'd love to work with Tommy and Beard, but again, that probably won't happen with Rome.

I'd like to see Rome progress as a character, but it's really hard to top Caesar. That entire storyline was great.

Do you have anything you're looking forward to in eFedding?

See above, but I have some ideas. I'll be straight up and tell people I've been in extended contact with Tommy Thunder about a character in EWNCW. I prefer to be quiet about stuff like this--I love surprises, which in this work, is hard to do. But if I can get this deal nailed down and there's a spot available on the show, it'll be a lot of fun.

Anything you want our readers to be on the lookout for or any parting words or plugs for your YouTube shows?

Check out my youtube channel, RunRomeRun. I do let's plays. It's a lot of fun. I know Jose liked my pokemon stuff, but I've also done Digimon, Zelda, Final Fantasy. It's a blast.

Now I'm going to hijack this part to give you a lot more information about me and my philosophies.

I'm a Dirty Dutch mind. The entire efed section, to me, could use an entire revamp. I think it would succeed much more as an old-school territorial system rather than the modern system it tries to use. Seriously, so many shows, so many characters, so many PPVs--it's too much. The fact that EWNCW has really lasted so long without much of a problem is just amazing. JBW has had so many problems with creative changes and no other EFed has had any REAL longevity.

Switching to a bunch of 15-30 man rosters with characters moving around every so often would be so much more beneficial. Make it like the old NWA with all the bookers on a panel discussing a unifed champion who moves from company to company. Each region could have their own championship, but there'd be the one overall champion to add intrigue. I forsee it being a much more healthy section if we could really get together with this.

I just, I really hated a lot of things that were going on and probably still happen. There are too many PPVs. There needs to be 2-3 per year, max, for an Efed. This isn’t a goddamn weekly show, it’s Efedding! People have REAL lives! There’s no time for a PPV every month or so! Relax, let storylines develop.

I also hated little shit thrown in. Random things like people interacting with bands or celebrating in backstage or during their entrances—fuck off. This is a bunch of imaginary men and women running around in their underwear. It’s stupid, but it’s fun stupid. Your job is to get your character over with your words. Work on your damn promos, not what you think will make your character cool. Did Caesar insult the crowd because he wanted to be cool? No. He did it because he was a twat monkey with an ego bigger than Tommy Thunder’s. I kid Tommy, I love you. Maybe.

Seriously though, read Zeb Coulter--Dirty Dutch Mantell's--books. They're amazing. Dutch has completely captivated as a storyteller and his stories as booker and old school wrestler are GREAT. If anything, you need to learn about how Kane saved Dutch from a riot.

Another fun story: I had Tommy Thunder absolutely pissed at me at one point, I think. You see, during the JBW-EWNCW crossover fed, I was wrestling some wanker. Everything I heard was through Kash from Tommy. But I wanted to sell the importance of this match by not being Rome’s usual arrogant, brash self. I wanted him to be stern, focused. I wanted to sell this match up as important. But apparently this wasn’t communicated well as I felt like Tommy really hated me for not wanting to submit a promo for the match.

Now, this was AFTER the unified title idea was solidified. Kash told me he was 100% set on me winning that match, I mean, why wouldn’t he be? If Rome lost, it’d lessen the blow and make EWNCW seem a hell of a lot better. But that total storm was nuts. I think Tommy contacted me directly at some point and I expressed my point of view, but I don’t think he was ever to happy about it. Then Lenny Lightning appeared after I got angry about the whole episode of him leaving EWNCW or something. Man, me and Tommy had a lot of animosity without ever actually working together. Weird, huh?

Speaking of that moment, I’ve always felt a bit close to Beard. I don’t think there’s a person in Efedding I respect more. And when that entire debacle went down with Tommy leaving or some shit, I went straight to Beard with information I had heard through other sources. Was it a dick move? Hell yes. But I felt like Beard had be betrayed. Was I a dumbass mark? Yes. What Tommy did worked—it created a lot of controversy. I think everyone got caught up in it. Do I regret it? Probably. That was the only time I ever buried a person in any capacity. Then Lenny Lightning appeared in JBW as an insult to the man. Lenny still wrestles, weirdly. I don’t remember him winning a match. ANYWAY, more story that doesn’t make me look like a douchebag.

Speaking of animosity, I think Sleeper was really pissed at me. When I first started at JBW, I went up quickly due to my good relationship with SES. This meant steamrolling Sleeper for the US/TV title, iunno what it was back then. Sleeper quit, rejoined, left, came back a few times during the actual fallout. Then he went on to shoot on me during a JBW show, spelling out a history of backstage politicking. It was weird.

I never really lobbied against anyone during creative. Ever. I may seem like a bit of dick, but I’m very laid back. During my work on creative, I told people what I needed and took what they gave back. I let them make themselves. And I never tried to bury anyone. Sure, I took what SES gave me—I joined the Eye literally AS the PPV was being posted. SES PM’d me and asked me if I wanted to and I gladly accepted. But I never buried anyone. It was weird to see Sleeper feel that way, but I’m sure SES didn’t want the talent to blame him. Whatever. Water under the bridge.

I’m pretty sure that’s the end of my stories. I don’t know if I’d ever actually work as a booker again—and I’d be a booker. None of this writer shit. But if people ask for my opinions and ideas, I’ll happily share, regardless of for whom or for what.

That's it for this weeks interview as we get closer to Phase 2 of Inside the Tights. As always thanks for reading and thanks to Roman taking time to do this.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

One of the more interesting interviews of a efedding vet- really great read Romes and WF

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

I like what you said about the creative. When Dubs brought me on as Co-Writer for Warfare I saw the ideas for Showdown and I thought it was an amazing idea. It was a great show to follow-up Mayhem and Warfare, and it really cemented your legacy as a great and phenomenal Efedder. Dubs, Ses, Kash, Rob, and yourself did alot for JABE.

Great interview by the way. Very insightful for those who joined later on.

Edit: Wanted to re-word some stuff.
    Last edited by TheDevilsAdvocate; 07-24-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    I like what you said about the creative. When Dubs brought me on as Co-Writer for Warfare I saw the ideas for Showdown and I thought it was an amazing idea. It was a great show to follow-up Mayhem and Warfare, and it really cemented your legacy as a great and phenomenal Efedder. Dubs, Ses, Kash, Rob, and yourself did alot for JABE.

Great interview by the way. Very insightful for those who joined later on.

Edit: Wanted to re-word some stuff.
    It was great. Though I do feel like if JBW still had Kash and Dubs to help Rob, JBW would probably be the top show.
    D.O.A.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare View Post
    It was great. Though I do feel like if JBW still had Kash and Dubs to help Rob, JBW would probably be the top show.
    Hey, we have what we have. I feel that Jabe is doing damn well considering how many changes its been through, how much backstage bullshit has gone on in the past and now our atmosphere is really better than it was. I don't mind people throwing ideas at me. If I can, I work it in. There's a lot more I could say but, I'm going to just leave it at that. Either way, great read and glad all my questions showed up lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    Hey, we have what we have. I feel that Jabe is doing damn well considering how many changes its been through, how much backstage bullshit has gone on in the past and now our atmosphere is really better than it was. I don't mind people throwing ideas at me. If I can, I work it in. There's a lot more I could say but, I'm going to just leave it at that. Either way, great read and glad all my questions showed up lol.
    Like in the article, don't take offense to it. It's just EWNCW has had a pretty stable group of creative and that does really help long term. It's not a slant to you or JBW's creative.
    D.O.A.