Page 79 of 158 FirstFirst ... 29 697778798081 89 129 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I had not,
    yeah, not sure if people will like it or not, but it was fun for me so there :P
    Maybe it was 'Inside The Minds' I was thinking of perhaps?
    Yeah these are fun to do for sure. Gives the general public a good insight on your take on various things here!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I had not,
    yeah, not sure if people will like it or not, but it was fun for me so there :P
    rustle the jimmies, it is much mor fun that way.

THE FINAL FIST BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey Bear...Rehmix called... He wants his everything back.

Malcolm Cage
    "Primetime" AJ Dixon
    EWNCW ~ IWA ~ APW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehmix View Post
    rustle the jimmies, it is much mor fun that way.
    Honestly I think most of the jimmies rustled would have belonged to guys who aren't even here any more
    I just went for honesty

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Hmm, I was sure that you'd done an ITT already. Guess I have something to look forward to then!
    I thought he had done one also which is why he is so late on the list.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

I found Asher's ITM: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...809#post770809

I couldn't find no ITT, so I'll take his word for it that he didn't do one .
    ‚Äč

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    I found Asher's ITM: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...809#post770809

I couldn't find no ITT, so I'll take his word for it that he didn't do one .
    Damn! Just look at those sexily accurate predictions!

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back to another edition of Inside the Tights. We are gearing up now with just a few more interviews left before we move on to the next rounds. We will be seeing a couple of followup interviews, probably some double interviews and who knows what else in the future so stay tuned. Last week we got an exciting interview from Rehmix and this week we get to go Inside the Tights with Asher!

-First off welcome to the show, now for those unfamiliar with you, please introduce your characters and creative roles here.

Well, my most famous creation is obviously Shannon "The Cannon" Frost, with his legendary 2 show run on HWA's Total Resistance

Really though, I'm the sick bastard behind the trio of Black Blooded, Mr. Black, Mr. Blood, and Vivica the Biker BDSM Gang from hell, who started out in HWA, quickly spread to ICW, and then somehow continued to find work when both of those promotions imploded.

The inspiration for BB was straight out of my own past, Mr. Black specifically is modeled after a guy I knew for years growing up. My dad was a Harley-Davidson Mechanic, so I spent a lot of time hanging around bikers, the biggest and baddest of which was this no-nonsense guy everyone just called Sir. I never heard the man say more than 3 words, but everytime he spoke you just stopped whatever you were doing and listened. Mr. Blood is more closely tied to the kind of shit-talk I tend to do to my television screen when I am feeling particularly badass as a gamer. Vivica, of course, is based off of my wife.

Next down, if only because he's the only other active wrestler would be The Vegas Kid. The Rhyming, wise-cracking card-obsessed trickster with a heart of gold, also based off a guy I knew growing up, an old blackjack dealer named Terry, who used to rhyme when he talked, especially while working the table.
    He hasn't done a whole lot yet, but his time is coming.

Thirdly is the officially retired Sexy Scottish Smasher, Victor Crawford. the man with a mowhawk and a kilt. He was the first character I created, and I think he had one actual match his whole career (In EWA), which he won, leaving him with a perfect record.

Also there was Dave "The Beast" Pope, also created for EWA, specifically to team with Ryan Wells, he also has a perfect record (For about the same reason)

-What are your thoughts on writing for a tag team vs writing for a singles star?

For me, it's more fun. I like the challenge of maintaining seperate identities while writing a promo. Trying to get over Blood as the cocky bastard with a god complex, Black as the unstoppable monster (And possible mastermind), and Viv as the Daddy's girl gone wrong, it's a lot more fun than writing for say, Crawford was where there was only 1 identity to keep in mind.

That being said, it's a hell of a lot easier to write your way out of a dead end when you have more than 1 character to throw some dialogue in, and helps hide the extreme amount of repetitiveness the average promo has.

As far as why I started, it was honestly frustration over how Victor wasn't being handled. I had been (in my eyes at least) a member of EWA for about 2 months before he had his first bit of screen-time (A run-in on Mike Hawk, setting WF's role as my nemesis ever since) then like a month after that before his first match. I was frustrated, and looking around, and a little pissed because after all I had been told about how awesome e-fedding was, it seemed like it was a whole lot of not doing a damn thing.

Then I started reading HWA and I fucking loved it, and decided to join. Recalling my above frustrations however, I decided not to make a singles guy, since I felt (and still kind of feel) like there are more than enough of them, and any new guy was just as likely to end up like poor Vic, so I took the Single's guy I had created, and turned his mouthy manager into his tag-team partner, and Black Blooded was born. HWA had like, 3 tag teams at the time, so I knew that if I was even the least bit entertaining I could at least get to beat on F.Y.W.U. for a while (and I was right!)

-What made you want to get involved with JBW on Creative and what role do you see for yourself there in the near future?

R(ob) Pestered the fuck out of me until I finally relented.

kidding!

It's a bit of a story, since HWA I've wanted to write for a show again, but the one time I tried I ended up getting so bombed at work and home that I had to quit (Still feel like an asshole about that) so when R(ob) first sent me a message asking, I deleted it. I figured that as much as I may want to write, I knew damn well I didn't have the time that I had when Total resistance was running, so I had no business getting involved with creative.

I will say though, that when Benny was looking for another writer, the only reason I didn't join is because I found out too late.

Anyway, back to the story. R(ob) sent me like, 2 more messages and mentioned something in general chat about trying to recruit me, and at that point I started talking to my wife about it, who basically said "Quit being a pussy, tell him how little time you have, and work something out" (That's why I love her) so I messaged him back and told him I had almost no time to promise, but I could write about a match a week. He was desperate enough to have someone else to blame if it failed that he accepted
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk

Blog Entries
    -Where did the idea for your show on HWA come from and what are your thoughts on it?

Pretty sure Broc and Sully just ripped the original concept from TE's revival, as far as the unique stuff I put in (Like the Ninja Warrior course, or pretty much each and every promo challenge) Those just came out of my love of those shows, and my desire to see if I could make 8 people hate Tommy Thunder based on stuff I wrote

Originally I wasn't going to write Total Resistance, I was actually slated to compete on it (As Shannon Frost) just because I liked the concept, but HWA took a few early hits, and they lost the writer for the show. I essentially agreed to write it because I didn't want to see it get tossed to the side (Which of course happened anyway, but what can you do) There were some parts of it, mainly on the back end, that I didn't like, but I came into the party after all the nuts and bolts were worked out, so I couldn't say much.

Mainly the biggest things I thought we could have changed came to the way we were rating promos, IC, Tommy Thunder was making all the decisions, but of course in real life Tommy would come up with what he thought was the worst 3, and the rest of us voted on who was the worst of the three.

Now Tommy is a great writer, and despite occasional bouts of internet-insanity, is usually level headed, but I really thought we were going about the entire thing backwards. If I did the show over, I would open the initial rankings to a public vote, then have creative vote on the worst one.

Also, the way we had it revolve around Tommy, from an efficiency perspective, he should have been the writer. That's not to say that he was a lazy bastard that didn't step up or anything, it's just that there was so little I could actually get done until I started getting promos back from him that I had to kind of hound the guy each week. Again, if I had the show to create over from scratch, I would want to change that, and either get permission to write for the guy, or just use a real-world name and write for him.

Basically TR was just our show, really I thought of it as my show, and am happy that it's still remembered that way. I rarely asked anyone else in HWA what they thought, and just went by my own instinct and what I thought would be fun to read/write. I fucking loved it. Of course then e-fedding imploded in a blaze of stupid for about 3 months, and when the dust settled Eddie decided to close down HWA (Which I agreed with, though I was still pissed about it)

-As most people may or may not know, we are efedding nemesis's. Do you think have a nemesis for your characters helps you to write any better?

Absolutely! For one, the history gives a ton more to talk about. Also the more you work with someone, the better you end up meshing with them.

Of course, it can go bad, to where you spend all fucking month talking about what happened in some shitty one-off kinda program, instead of moving the story forward in the fed the actual show is part of. That leads to issues because people just zone out.

So there is a bit of a balancing act there between using history to tell a good story, and running a re-cap of everything you ever did to each other.

-What are your thoughts on the second JBW show and where the company is going in the near future?

Well, I'm running it, so you know it's gonna be fucking badass! Seriously, this was something that needed to happen, the revived (Again!) JBW has seriously just gotten a huge influx of talent, and this lets us showcase those guys and maybe put them in situations that you haven't seen them in before in other feds.

I'll say one thing, we already have the card set for the first show, and it's gonna rock your damn nipples off!

JBW as a whole is steadily improving. There are still some pitfalls waiting for us to leap over, but by and large I think we are doing a lot of positive stuff. At first I was not sure that JBW should be revived once it was shut down, but I think we have managed to show enough evolution in the core product to make it a worthy rebirth.

-What are your thoughts on the recent PPVs and shows that each fed have put out lately?

First, EWNCW, with every PPV they seem to be trying harder and harder to be WWE. that's not really a dig, but it seems like every time I turn around they are doing the e-fed equivilent of the festivals and "Wrestlemania weekends" that WWE has been pimping out so heavily. Show-wise, the quality has always been good, and their storylines are generally diverse and interesting enough to keep you hooked from top to bottom. (And yes, I am counting twe as part of this, after seeing how it works from the inside)

Next, IWA - I may be one of IWA's biggest fans. Seriously, they have just been fucking rocking day in and day out for well over 3 months now. They have an all-star creative team, fresh ideas, and they are still on a path of steady improvement. As far as I can see, IWA is the fed to beat.

WWE E-fed. - I used to read this more than I actually watched the real thing, the only reason I don't read it more now is time, but every time I pop in and read a show, I come back thinking that these guys should have replaced the actual WWE Creative team long, long ago.

JBW - I am completely unable to give an honest, unbiased opinion here so I won't even try. We're balls-out awesome, and if you haven't read the new show thread, you have been wasting your life. Matter of fact stop reading this now and go read each of those shows. Don't worry, I'm sure we can wait.....

Back? Fucking awesome, right? And we are just getting bigger and better.

B.I.T.W. - What show?

-Is there anything in the future you want the viewers to look out for?

Gonna break from the trend here of "Look how awesome my characters are" you really want to see something to look out for? Check out Damaged Goods. They are straight out a better team than Black Blooded, and that's that.

Also, Pieces Pink in IWA, and really the entire division there, is fucking amazing. Those matches are usually some of the best e-fed matches of the week.

And of course, if you aren't reading JBW, I'm not even sure I want to talk to you. :P

That's it for this weeks episode and a big thank you to Asher for participating.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    I will say though, that when Benny was looking for another writer, the only reason I didn't join is because I found out too late.
    *jaw drops*

Are you fucking kidding me right now? The only reason I didn't ask you was because you had to give up TWE because of time restraints and I figured I'd save you from having to say "no." HAd I known, I would have gladly welcomed you on board with open arms! This news displeases me.

I only briefly scanned the interview because I am at work, but when I get home in a few hours I will read again as I have been anticipating this interview.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Excellent interview with Asher, some interesting stuff especially from having to do two characters in a tag team, enjoyed it.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!