Page 58 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 485657585960 68 108 ... LastLast
    yeah, i am fueding with Torps in the WWE fantasy efed. He is Sting and I am Raven and just got to say that guy can write some awesome shit- i am doing my best to keep up with him

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Zero is next, there is a short list a page or two back before the last interview
    Nice! looking forward too that.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries

Inside The Minds: A Hot Title

All right boys and girls. I'm going to make this quick, as I wanted to get this up Monday, couldn't,, and I am taking a break from work to watch Survivor, and working on this during commercials. This weeks guests are Bennytheball, and Asherdelampyr.

What would you say is the hottest angle in wrestling right now, between the WWE and TNA?

Asher: Well, for TNA is has to be Aces and Eights, but then they have turned into a bit of a revolving door for factions, so we will still have to wait and see (Immortal, Fourtune) for WWE Without a doubt in my mind it would have to be Rock vs Cena. I mean, just look around, that is the match on everyone's tongue, For Cena it's really must win, I mean, Rock has shown him up at Wrestlemania twice now, to show the WWE Poster-boy up a third time would be the equivalent of saying that nobody in the modern WWE is worth shit compared to the Attitude Era guys, at least in a lot of peoples minds.

So going just by interest? Rock vs Cena has to take the win there. Going by an actual good storyline? Even though TNA is going on "Group of Evil Guys, version 3" (or is it 4) they are generating interest with the slow reveal, and have got quite a few rather interesting choices, (DOC and Devon being my favorites).

Benny: As much of a miserable, pessimistic bastard this may make me sound, but to me this is basically the equivalent of asking me the question “Which one of these turds is the least smelly?”

I’m not overly excited about anything at the moment, especially with TNA. About once a month I do give them another try and I get bored/frustrated/both within 30 minutes. I force myself to watch until the end, but I never have my mind changed. This latest plot twist with the Aces & Eights angle kinda had me going “meh.”

Over in WWE, The Shield is the obvious answer and I do find them very interesting and intriguing but ‘hot’? Not really. CM Punk vs. Undertaker certainly has the potential to be a very hot feud and the foundations of that were built on Raw this week, so I am hopeful.

Me: That is a tough one. On one hand, you have this budding feud between Taker and Punk. After what went down on Raw, you can't help but feel the emotion there and know that Punk is doing a great job as a heel. On the other hand, you now have Bully Ray as the president of Aces and 8's, and turning heel. I didn't get the chance to see the PPV, but I read it, and all I can say is hot damn! I think honestly, the whole Bully/Aces8s vs TNA feud pulls ahead just by a bit.

Who do you predict we see as WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion in 2013?

Asher: John Cena! Just kidding... I am really hoping that this is Dolph Ziggler's year, just like I hoped that 2011 and 2012 were Ziggler's years and we all saw how that turned out. Dolph has all the tools, and even knows how to use them, he's just missing that 3:16 moment, that defining instant that he finally steps the hell up and takes his career by the balls.

Until he does that, he is destined to the same fate as so many other fantastic workers who spend their career fighting to stay in the middle of the card, however recognized the world over as a hell of a talent. Dolph Ziggler is about 5 minutes from either becoming Bret Hart or Mr. Perfect, and I think that moment is in danger of passing him by if he doesn't jump on it.

Benny: I don’t think that we will see a brand new World/WWE champion in 2013 (and I also believe Dolph loses his cash-in).
    With CM Punk and John Cena being such a vast distance away from the pack, there needs to be a hell of a lot of work to bring others up to the WWE champion standard. I can see Cena holding the WWE title for a while after ‘Mania and will probably drop it around Summerslam at the earliest and I’m guessing that would be to Lesnar (my rant on said subject will be included in a later question) who in turn will drop it back to Punk and I then see him holding it until Wrestlemania 30.

For the World title, Swagger will obviously win it and he will have a run of about three months before dropping it to Orton. From there, I don’t know.

Me: I'm going with a curve ball here. I can see 2013 being the year Daniel Bryan gets another World title run. Right now he is playing more of the tweener type, but he works great as a heel. I can see before 2013 is over, Bryan is a two time World Heavyweight Champion. As for the WWE Championship, I honestly think it's going to be like either Cena or Punk. Most likely Cena, considering how long Punk held the title, but hey, could be wrong.

Currently, the top matches for WM 29 are Cena vs Rock II, Punk vs Taker, and Lesnar vs HHH II. Do you think the WWE made the right call with these matches? What would you have done differently?

Asher: I really want to see Punk vs Taker, that should be just fantastic, Cena vs Rock II has to happen, for reasons listed above. HHH vs Lesnar II should be fun to watch, though I can't help but feel that they could have done more with the build up. or possibly just done this in the Invasion :P Also, anyone else still find it odd everytime they see HHH with no hair? Damn I can't get over that.

Benny: No they fucking haven’t, and yes they fucking have (here comes my rant!)!

All are amazingly big matches that will generate the highest revenue possible and create the most interest in the PPV. From that perspective, it was a good call.

I am a huge advocate of using ‘legends’ to help the current roster become bigger stars. Essentially, the Chris Jericho model. Now from these three matches, only one achieves that: CM Punk vs. Undertaker.

When CM Punk took on The Undertaker in a World title match a few years back, that finally cemented CM Punk as a main eventer within WWE because you couldn’t be considered at that level until you worked with ‘taker. He was the benchmark. Taking on Undertaker at Wrestlemania will bring up Punk to a higher status because there is only one holy grail in this business that is bigger than the WWE title and that is to wrestle Undertaker at ‘Mania. You don’t have to beat him (and chances are, no one ever will) but being in that match, being a part of that build up...you could easily retire after that and you would go down in history as one of the greats.

Triple H and Lesnar does fuck all for the long term. Same as Rock/Cena. Short term, they will draw but what is supposed to happen in 5 years, or 10 years, or 20 years. At Wrestlemania 50, are we going to see two of these guys comeback to compete in a zimmer frame on a pole match? Maybe we can get those shocky thingies out and revive Classy Freddy Blassie to be the special referee for the bout?

The business cannot survive on a select few that were stars of the 90’s and 00’s. There is a desperate need to generate some for the future, but Lesnar won’t be putting over new talent and Trips will only do it if he comes off strong too.

The future apparently lies in the hands of Y2J.

Me: I think they did, but they didn't make the right call with these matches. I think Punk vs Taker was a great call, if, the match is great. If the match itself is anything less than great, I think they made the wrong call. All comes down to what kind of condition Taker is in and what kind of match he can put on.

As for Rock vs Cena and HHH vs Lesnar, I think they made a bad call. I would have rather seen John Cena vs Brock Lesnar at this PPV, and it be a real wrestling match, not a Lesnar attack like Extreme Rules was. That would have left The Rock to face HHH or some other young talent who needs a rub to get into the main event spotlight, aka Dolph Ziggler.

Blog Entries
    Looking at all of the efeds currently, TWE, EWNCW, JBW, IWA, BITW, WWE Fantasy, from top to bottom, top being the most successful, to the bottom being the one that needs more work, how would you rank the efeds and why would you rank them in their respective spots?

Asher: Firstly, lets address some of the challenges each fed has faced. including a complete change in creative for JBW, TWE and IWA. Secondly, lets all admit right now that I am incapable of giving a unbiased opinion here, and thirdly lets address what we are basing "Successful" on.

Successful, to me is regular shows, and good amounts of activity, nice and simple

that in mind, here is my list

IWA
    WWE
    EWNCW
    JBW
    TWE
    BITW

I ranked IWA top because right now they epitomize that steady growth and improvement. Each show is better than the last, and they are growing constantly, and at a steady pace. both in creative (With their "Intern" scheme) and in gaining new members on the roster to the point where I suspect they will be making a 2nd show sooner rather than later. As far as activity goes, just about every hour of the day the IWA thread is in the "New Posts" list. which can't really be said for anyone else.

BITW get's the bottom spot because as far as I can tell, they have gone the longest without a show of any kind. (over 1 month as of this writing 3/9/12). They are also the new kids around, and so don't have as much of a history to point at either. Of course I don't have any idea what challenges they faced.

The wonderful thing however, is that despite the recent changes and setbacks, pretty much every efed is steadily improving. JBW is getting back up and running, and really there is a good future ahead for efedding, especially compared to this time last year.

Benny: Over the last few weeks, I’ve not had a chance to read a lot of other shows but from my perspective:

1) EWNCW – kinda falls into number one by default. Shows are consistently good (if a bit inconsistent in frequency at the moment) at they have that ‘star power’ that I keep hearing about.

2) IWA – Considered by many to lack ‘star power’ but do you know what? Consistently good shows, on time, every time, an excellent roster that write amazing promos and is a great place for people to develop their promo work and creative muscle. Granted, I may be biased in this, but you show me another efed that stays as consistent as IWA.

3) WWE – Really enjoy their work over there and if I could do joint positions, I would have them as joint second. Strong work from the creative team and fantastic promo writers.

4) JBW – Inconsistent, but the shows are very good.

5) TWE – As it stands, inconsistent and average. Scribbs has a very unenviable job of trying to steady that ship and I applaud him for taking on that task because if I am honest, I wouldn’t have touched it with a ten-foot barge pole. He is an amazing creative genius though and I do love the matches that he writes for IWA, but I can see it being a couple of months (at least) before TWE is up to standard.

I will not rank BITW. I don’t consider it an efed, just something that very rarely puts out shows.

Something I think needs a worthy mention is EWNGP. Not an efed, but because of the format, Magglis often gets overlooked but he does pump out some very good shows.

Me: Well, I'm going to use Asher's basis for success to determine my list.

At the top, the WWE Fantasy Fed. While Nitro has for the last few months, been an issue with getting posted in a timely manner, and while there was a slight hiccup with the whole efed getting off of a schedule, there is no denying that THBK, G.G.G. and Des have done a great job with the efed. There are some captivating storylines and feuds, and there is normally some kind of activity going on in the thread.

Next, I'd go with IWA. IWA puts out regular shows on a weekly basis, and the only "break" that was taken, was back in Dec around the holidays. Benny is doing a great job with it, and the only thing missing from making it the top fed, is a second consistent show.

Up next, I'd rank EWNCW. I believe they currently have four shows. Rage, Inferno, Brutality, and Warzone. Here is where EWNCW falters. I can't remember the last time a Warzone has gone up. TJB and Kingstrem have done an amazing job of keeping Inferno on track, but both Rage and Brutality to me, have been inconsistent in when they go up and how fast they go up. EWNCW delivers good/great shows when shows go up, and the feuds are good, but the inconsistency kills the efed in my opinion.

Up next, another efed dealing with inconsistency, JBW. Eddie, S.E.Z, and Jman have done a great job of resurrecting JBW from where it was 6 months ago, but they are quite there yet. The shows are good, the feuds are good, but to me, to be #1 again, they've got to deliver weekly shows. I know Eddie said that it might be a while before they are back to a consistency, and you know, that is understandable. I think when they find that consistency, JBW will be the buzz of the forums again.

Next, I'd go with TWE. With it's creative change in the form of Krysys being banned, and Scribs/Cricket taking charge, it's been a rocky start. I'm on the waters with this one, and wondering, if it is an efed that is even needed. I don't mean that as a bad thing, but everyone knows TWE is the developmental place for EWNCW. Tommy sends new people to efed, or new characters, to their to be worked on. With all of the storylines currently going on there though, the efed could close up, and it wouldn't make a huge difference as there are 3 CAW efeds that are doing great.

Finally, is BITW. I've read in that thread, people talking about quality over quantity, and how it doesn't matter if one show is posted, as long as that show is amazing. I'm not taking anything away from Kingdom Come, as it was a great show, and the first Unscripted was also good. To me, I think BITW will always be that efed where we get a show once every month to two months. Is that a bad thing? No. But if someone is expecting something else, then I think they will be disappointed.

The actual final one, isn't really an efed. I mean Magglis Grand Prix. I didn't include this initial, as it's not really an efed, it's more of a year long tournament. If i ranked this somewhere, I'd go between JBW and EWNCW. Either way though, mags does a bang up job with it.

What are some feuds you want to see go down in 2013, whether they contain your character or not?

for my characters

Black Blooded vs God's Grace - That would just be a lot of fun for me personally, and the gimmick differences would provide plenty of promo fuel

Black Blooded vs Mixed Emotions - I feuded with every character WF had for like a year solid, and it is still some of the most fun I have had in efedding, besides HWA went down with the two groups still trying to figure out who was best.

In general

Damaged Goods vs Mixed Emotions - After working with both guys (destro and WF) I gotta say, this would tear the house down in whichever fed it was booked.

Chris Divine vs Ma$$ - The over-the-top promo style of both men would just be a fucking RIOT!

Benny: I’ve said it before: I’m very happy with what’s put out in front of me as long as the two (or more) people involved write compelling and entertaining promos. I don’t have any ‘dream matches’. If you love doing this, it will show in your promos and that will make it a much more enjoyable read for me.

Me: Well, for feuds I'd like to see happen that don't involve my character. I'd go with Ma$$Dinero vs Kyojin. I think it would be an odd interesting dynamic. Mr Smyth vs Jman, and Black Blooded vs Jesting Madness vs Hot Wasabi. I think those three teams, could make for amazing promos, and given the right writer, a amazing match.

For feuds involved my character, that is tough, as the Divine/Thunder feud is under works, Divine/Eclipse is happening, so is Divine/TDA. I'd say Divine/Kyojin, Divine/Smyth, and Divine/Carlos Alberto Ramon are the top three that come to mind.

Well folks. That is another edition of ITM. The next one will be in a week or two. If you are interested in taking part, shoot me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Good read fellas!!!

And I'd like to see JM vs Black Blooded vs Hot Wasabi. Epic!!!

(Punk/Taker is the feud that interests me more atm)

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Good job guys, enjoyed it!

Thanks for the nice words and Bear, I think Divine/Ramon will happen one day, it's been building since the early days of HWA.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Another great read as always

"Ship Is It"

"Bow down to your god, and ALL HAIL THE KING"

EWNCW- "The Unholy King" King Strem:
    -EWNCW International champion since March 6th, 2012- May 27, 2013

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another great show bear, keep it up.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

You are my boy Benny, you are my boy

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....