Page 36 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Another good interview, well done Rehmix and Bear

Can't wait for the next OOC interview as I tend to like them more.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Great interview.

"Great! This guy shows up looking like a mime from hell and you lose him right out in the open? Well at least he didn't do that 'walking against the wind' shit. I hate that."

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    new episode starts now!
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    Current EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to Present)
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    Current IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to Present)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to Present)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the first 2013 edition of Inside the Tights, the show that gives you a look at some of the greatest and weirdest minds this site has to offer. Last time, we ended 2012 with a bang with that amazing interview from Mr. Tommy Thunder (Which you should go back and read if you haven't already) and we are going to start the year off with another bang as we get ready to go Inside the Tights with Grind_Bastard.

Welcome to the show, first off would you like to give a brief summary on all of your characters and what shows you write/creative for?

Thanks for the chance you are giving me. Here are my fellas, all of them in EWNCW, except the last two:

Grind Bastard: He is the original one. Grind is intended to be the masked, silent monster heel like Kane or Abyss were in their beginnings. Just a brutal force to be reckoned with. He is mentally deranged, but not totally unmerciful and uncontrollable, as his pairing with Carlin proved. Carlin showed him respect and didn’t treat him as a beast and Grind reacted. That helped me to make a couple of comedic sketches with the two, even make Grind talk via Twittah Machine (Bully Ray made me laugh with that, so I took it). But I wanted him to be back as the vicious, dark character, and that is happening with his return as singles competitor.

William Carlin: The technician, like D-Bry or Chris Benoit. Originally, I created him to feud with Krysys in a Straight Edge vs Alcohol thing, and was a bit goofy. He turned more serious after realizing he was not focused on wrestling. His partnership with Grind helped him in that sense, and also unleashed his dark side, at least when wrestling. He is now trying to impose what he thinks is a bit of common sense in people by getting rid of religious like characters. He is probably the character that resembles me most.

Miguel Tenorio: My Shawn Michaels lover-like character. It all comes from a joke eboy made calling me a Spanish Love Machinem and Tommy using the term serenading for going out with my GF. I mixed them up and created a character with the name of one of the most famous lovers in history (Don Juan Tenorio, one of the versions comes from a local poet named José Zorrilla http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Zorrilla ) and the idea of the renaissance courtesan, a gallant man with the ladies and a fierce warrior in battle, much like Spanish poet Jorge Manrique http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Manrique He teams up with another two comedic characters like Big Chief Long Schlong and “The Pimp” T-Thunda. Miguel is the one that conquers the ladies with good manners and poetry. They re feuding with Mixed Emotions. Poetry vs Opera = Class!

Gluttony and Lust: The less developed characters of the pack. They are part of the Seven Deadly Sins in TWE. Gluttony a Batista-like wrestler who’s always throwing celebration feasts for whatever small reason. Lust is basically Shelly Martinez with a gothic touch from Daffney and the ring rope ass shaking of Velvet Sky. She is always teasing the fans and his brothers, and hates the guts of every other female wrestler, except Envy. She is a hardcore fighter, much like Daffney.

I was head writer of EWNCW Thursday Night Inferno from September 2011 to February 2012, after finishing my studies I returned to writing Inferno. It’s been a bit of a headache, since I almost thought about it all the time, what I had to to and haven’t done. After a week of “relax” I’m back, hopefully more calm and with a bit of help.

This is something that most of you don't know, and it is how difficult it is for me to write a show. The language barrier is maybe the smallest of my problems. Yeah, sure I sometimes have top check a word here and there, and start thinking about those damned prepositions, and the building of sentences that doesn't sound repetitive is also a challenge, but I'm managing those decently. However, I'm a pretty much moody guy. I have to be “in the mood” of writing, if I'm absolutely not, I can't start writing a line. If I'm not in the mood, but I at least try, I finally make some decent writing, but my coolest stuff (Grind's standards, not comparing myself with any of the big names in literature, mind you) comes when I'm in the mood. And that doesn't happen as often as it should. I have to make up my mind and exert myself to be more committed with my writing.
    And my main problem is being able to focus my attention for a long period of time. I'm easily distracted, I'm always doing several things at the same time or I'm leaving to PC to go to the kitchen and get me something (sometimes I manage not to grab anything to eat, but still, I stand up and leave what I'm doing). So, segments/matches that other writers can get done in 15-20 minutes, it is at least 30-40 for me. I know I should make the effort, but my laziness overpowers me. I'm trying anyway.
    Finally, this has to be said: as much as I love writing shows, at the end of the day I don't manage to write for what should be the most important for me: that damned novel I started back in the day, and that I should continue if I want to try to become a novelist.

What have been some of your favorite feuds/matches to be apart of?

Regarding matches, the best was the Gates of Hell match against the Shadows of Madness. The concept of the match was so freaking bizarre that I loved it from the moment it was announced. Mind you, brutality was a fully written show those days, so it allowed this kind of stipulation. For those who didn't read the match back in the day, it was a cage match whose top was on fire, therefore heating the cage walls to the point they'll burn the flesh of whoever touched any of them. Besides, both teams were locked up in caskets during 24 hours before the PPV, so both teams could go batshit crazy and tear each other apart. And the clash itself was epic, with lots of insane spots, including Carlin burning his back like a sandwich, Abel ripping one side of the cage and falling under the weight of it, Slayde kicking out from Grind's Ultrakrusher (top rope package piledriver) and the World Demise to end the match. Not only that, it was the perfect moment to start the feud with God's Grace.
    If you think about it, this is the type of thing that will make EWN's fav mod and official e-fed hater Robstar cringe. In fact, I'm tempted to link him the interview, so he can give us one of his vintage grumpy grandpa rants. I guess he'll piss off many of us, but I'll just sit back and LOL, even if liking this kind of things costs me the respect I earned from him a while back. (Just kidding, hope that respect goes on)

My fav feuds have to be Shadows of Madness vs Jesting Madness, and Carlin vs James. The first one helped to take Brutality to a whole new level, and propelled JM's careers to the Olympus of tag team wrestling. Carlin vs James is, somehow, a product of the previous, and I elaborate. During the Shadows vs Jesting feud, I gained confidence in my writing skills to deliver a good promo, and without that, the James vs Carlin feud wouldn't have been what it is. So the feud came in the best moment possible for Carlin: he was back in singles competition and he needed to gain the attention of both readers and creative. Therefore, when Poot debuted Kayden James on EWNCW, and started IC'ing on the main thread, I jumped at the chance and started some IC'ing with him. I was at ease with both my skills and the type of character Carlin was portraying, an atheist in search of illuminating the world with a bit of Rationalism (in his own view). So, both users and both characters were doing what they do best, and that led us to be nominated as Feud of the Year in the Awards Bearkg88 made recently.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk

Blog Entries

What has been the highlight for you in efedding this year both in what you have been apart of and in general?

Well, it is both the same, as my highlight in e-fedding happened during last year 2012. it is none other than become the first ever EWNCW Blacklist champion and keep the title for 6 months (I have to update the sig!). Having in mind that the title was to merge the EWNCW Tag Team titles and the BWA Undisputed Championship, and I came to the match with a two month title reign as EWNCW tag champ, that makes it an 8 month reign as champion. This means I've been doing my job well, I earned the trust of creative and the liking of the fans, and one can't ask for more than that. I also won the Tag Team of the year award, so I can say this has been an awesome year for me. I'm very grateful for this, so I want to thank everyone that has been involved: my opponents, creative teams and the fans who enjoyed what I was doing. I'm humbled.

What has been your favorite promo to write and why?

It has to be the first one with Kayden James, hands down. We had been IC'ing in the main thread for a while, after I tried to get his attention with some atheistic remarks. Of course, having such a character like James, than couldn't go unnoticed. Creative liked the feeling we were creating with our back and forth, and since Carlin was not competing as a single wrestler, we were put in a match on Warzone, our Superstars-esque show. And we went to it. We just simply clicked. He gave me the chance to do one of my fav kind of promos, which is mainly heel, but with a spark of cheers here and there.

We had the chance to talk about EWNCW, which let Carlin show his side as a company man for some cheers from the fans, and one of the most controversial themes ever, religion. I was free to introduce a bit of my real life beliefs, including one of atheist paradoxes: being sick of the “I'm right, you're wrong” attitude that certain (and stress certain) religious people have, without realizing that we ourselves have the same attitude sometimes. We had the chance to freely spoke our minds through our characters (or relatively, as I think Poot is by no means as fanatic as Kayden), and that mad them shine with their own light. That is the key factor, from my point of view, of being nominated feud of the year: two characters with a solid ideological background, doing what they do best and with the freedom to do it the way we feel it. And, at the same time, I was developing Carlin's character more than he was when I begin with him and in a different direction from Jesting Madness.

For me, it is all positives, but I had to find a negative, it should have been longer!

(View Question from TDA)

You have been doing this for quite awhile now. If you had to think of a way to retire when the time comes what would be your dream send off from the efeds?

I've been doing this since June/July 2011, and it never occurred to me how I would retire. In fact, I can only come with ideas for Carlin, Grind and JM.

Carlin will go out facing Tommy Thunder in a 1 hour submissions count anywhere match, with the EWNCW title on the line, and the loser retires for good. I'm pretty sure Tommy and I can tear down the house with good back and forth promos and deliver a match for the ages.

Grind will go to retirement in a Hell in a Cell match, my favorite type of hardcore matches. Now, as opponents, I have three ideas: Ano Doom in a battle of the beasts (we already saw that one happening), Abel seeking revenge in the name of the children, and one of the most bizarre and creepy fellas in e-fedding: The Sandman. If you think about it, a fatal 4 way inside the Cell between these four sounds pretty sweet.

Jesting Madness will be into a six-team Elimination Chamber match against two classic EWNCW tag teams, GodMoney (one night reunion) and Force of Greatness, two of their vintage rivals in Shadows of Madness and God's Grace, and a team that still has to feud with them and will happen: Black Blooded.

I requested wrestlingfan66513 to ask myself a question, a joke I pulled in another website, so here it goes: There's been a controversy about your remarks on The Clique recently. Please address them as you promised.
    Well, a Lannister always pays his debts (even when is freaking late), so here it goes. The Clique, in and out the e-feds, were controversial up to the point where I myself, that I try to stay away from controversy, I've been involved in one. They are so polarizing that if you mention their name in a sort of negative way, there are people ready to defend them, however, mention King Strem is not getting enough recognition as a champ, and no one cares (I do care, All Hail the King!!!)

Before I enter into my explanation, there is something I need to clarify: when I said “seems to me that most were kiddos while I'm getting old”, it may seem that I was bashing younger members where my intention was to point out the fact that I am getting old, therefore, becoming more of a grumpy old man, like Robstar or WadeBarrett1979 (LOL). I don't have any problems with younger people, it's simply they do things that I myself did back in my day, and now I see as immature (l+not that I am mature sometimes, but when you get old, you tend to think better of the way you are now than you were then, therefore watching the others the same way you think of yourself. And even when you're sometimes right, others you look pretty much stupid)

So, it comes to The Clique. I didn't like the way they behave in the forums (I don't think I need to explain this) and some of them proved me right, some others didn't. I found them a bit childish and sometimes (sometimes, mind you) disrespectful. So when they came to the e-feds, I was doubtful of their talent. And after reading some of their material, I still they are overhyped, which it doesn't mean they are bad, just getting A+ reviews where I think they are B. To establish an analogy with a movie, it is like The Social Network, a film that has rave reviews by a lot of people, including some famous critics that were pissed off because it didn't won an Oscar, and I just find it a good movie, nothing more, nothing less. And that thanks to David Fincher, if not it'll be rather mediocre. (This mediocrity just applies to the film and not The Clique).

So, I'm still not convinced of them being feud of the year or outpromoing Jman. However, the only criticism that was noted by everybody was me saying I can't see the greatness of the Clique. The rest of the opinions seem to be fine. Even a man who I have no beef with, VanHoolinganX, comes to say I'm butthurt. That I leave to your consideration (it can be I'm butthurt). But the reaction I got seems to me the same of the Believers: say something they don't like about JB, and they'll jump to the jugular. I was greatly entertained by other nominated feuds, like Van vs Greed, and I honestly don't think they should come so short against HWA vs The Clique.

I'm probably biased and unfair to them, so I want to apologize to anyone who has been offended by my comments.

That concludes this weeks episode of Inside the Tights. Remember if you have any question you want to ask an upcoming guest, then PM it to me and you may see it on the show. The next guest is Bennytheball so if you are wondering anything about him, then PM me right away. Thanks for the big kickoff in 2012 and I hope 2013 continues to be even better.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post

I requested wrestlingfan66513 to ask myself a question, a joke I pulled in another website, so here it goes: There's been a controversy about your remarks on The Clique recently. Please address them as you promised.
    Well, a Lannister always pays his debts (even when is freaking late), so here it goes. The Clique, in and out the e-feds, were controversial up to the point where I myself, that I try to stay away from controversy, I've been involved in one. They are so polarizing that if you mention their name in a sort of negative way, there are people ready to defend them, however, mention King Strem is not getting enough recognition as a champ, and no one cares (I do care, All Hail the King!!!)

Before I enter into my explanation, there is something I need to clarify: when I said “seems to me that most were kiddos while I'm getting old”, it may seem that I was bashing younger members where my intention was to point out the fact that I am getting old, therefore, becoming more of a grumpy old man, like Robstar or WadeBarrett1979 (LOL). I don't have any problems with younger people, it's simply they do things that I myself did back in my day, and now I see as immature (l+not that I am mature sometimes, but when you get old, you tend to think better of the way you are now than you were then, therefore watching the others the same way you think of yourself. And even when you're sometimes right, others you look pretty much stupid)

So, it comes to The Clique. I didn't like the way they behave in the forums (I don't think I need to explain this) and some of them proved me right, some others didn't. I found them a bit childish and sometimes (sometimes, mind you) disrespectful. So when they came to the e-feds, I was doubtful of their talent. And after reading some of their material, I still they are overhyped, which it doesn't mean they are bad, just getting A+ reviews where I think they are B. To establish an analogy with a movie, it is like The Social Network, a film that has rave reviews by a lot of people, including some famous critics that were pissed off because it didn't won an Oscar, and I just find it a good movie, nothing more, nothing less. And that thanks to David Fincher, if not it'll be rather mediocre. (This mediocrity just applies to the film and not The Clique).

So, I'm still not convinced of them being feud of the year or outpromoing Jman. However, the only criticism that was noted by everybody was me saying I can't see the greatness of the Clique. The rest of the opinions seem to be fine. Even a man who I have no beef with, VanHoolinganX, comes to say I'm butthurt. That I leave to your consideration (it can be I'm butthurt). But the reaction I got seems to me the same of the Believers: say something they don't like about JB, and they'll jump to the jugular. I was greatly entertained by other nominated feuds, like Van vs Greed, and I honestly don't think they should come so short against HWA vs The Clique.

I'm probably biased and unfair to them, so I want to apologize to anyone who has been offended by my comments.

That concludes this weeks episode of Inside the Tights. Remember if you have any question you want to ask an upcoming guest, then PM it to me and you may see it on the show. The next guest is Bennytheball so if you are wondering anything about him, then PM me right away. Thanks for the big kickoff in 2012 and I hope 2013 continues to be even better.
    I'm not trying to cause problems here but I felt the need to respond to this answer- and I'm sure many people aren't shocked that I do as I have been a Clique fan since day one- and I booked the feud between HWA & The Clique.

First of all, I don't take offense to anybody's comments if they're just opinions which this is, and I hope you don't take offense to any of what I'm about to say. You say during it that you didn't see The Clique's greatness- which is fine- but you've gotta remember that outside of EWNCW, people may not see King Strem's greatness. I'm only using King Strem as an example because you did and I feel the guys done exceptional to have a reign that long- but in the same way The Clique didn't entertain you, Strem might not entertain some other people.

The way The Clique behaved in the forums, while a big reason the stable was created, shouldn't affect how you feel about their promos. Fair enough you believed they were overhyped but the reason they won Feud & Shock of the Year was because they deserved it. Other controversies that came from the awards show included the Match of the Year award where Jman said that Siaki-Shuri was MOTY whereas JM-SOM won and Tommy said the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    No, it wasn't. People would have voted for it and it would have won if that was the case.
    In the same way with The Clique & Strem not winning the Champion of the Year, Tommy has it spot on. If they shouldn't have, or should have, won the award then they would have done. Also, it was J himself that said The Clique outpromoed him on occasion.

I'm not trying to cause any arguments and I have no issue with you whatsoever Grind, but I felt my opinion as the feud's booker should be put across.

Great interview though guys!

Efedding:
    Creative of the Year 2012
    Superstar of the Year 2012 (Kyojin)
    User of the Year 2013
    Writer of Match of the Year 2013
    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (Hot Wasabi- with Torphy)
    eWN eFed Hall of Famer Class 2
    Final ICW World Champion (Kyojin)
    Current WWE Champion (Cody Rhodes)

Blog Entries
    Fantastic interview and a great insight into Grind's e-fed career (what a great career it's been).

I liked the insight into the inspiration behind Miguel Tenorio. Very interesting.

For the record, I 100% agree with Grind on his stance with The Clique. I won't go into the real incarnation of the posse since it's n the past, and there's no good in bringing up the past, and I don't want to cause problems with people that I consider friends.
    But as far as their e-fed incarnation goes, I too feel that they were indeed overrated. Good? Yes. Great even. Sure. But to say that they were amazing, and "out-promo'd Jman" (can't remember who said that, was it Eddie?) is absurd. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that to say that is an insult to Jman. But I think Grind put it perfectly when he said that the groups work was rated at A+ when in reality it was closer to a B+.
    And it's not being butt-hurt (Van ), it's just an opinion, and everyone's entitled to their opinion, whether it's a popular one or not.

Also, would be great to see Carlin vs Thunder someday for sure! Would be great to IC against you, as I'm sure we'd serve up some great stuff!

Great interview and hope that Grind will continue to be a feature in the feds for a long time to come!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Grind you know had to put a smile on my face

"Ship Is It"

"Bow down to your god, and ALL HAIL THE KING"

EWNCW- "The Unholy King" King Strem:
    -EWNCW International champion since March 6th, 2012- May 27, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Fantastic interview and a great insight into Grind's e-fed career (what a great career it's been).

I liked the insight into the inspiration behind Miguel Tenorio. Very interesting.

For the record, I 100% agree with Grind on his stance with The Clique. I won't go into the real incarnation of the posse since it's n the past, and there's no good in bringing up the past, and I don't want to cause problems with people that I consider friends.
    But as far as their e-fed incarnation goes, I too feel that they were indeed overrated. Good? Yes. Great even. Sure. But to say that they were amazing, and "out-promo'd Jman" (can't remember who said that, was it Eddie?) is absurd. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that to say that is an insult to Jman. But I think Grind put it perfectly when he said that the groups work was rated at A+ when in reality it was closer to a B+.
    And it's not being butt-hurt (Van ), it's just an opinion, and everyone's entitled to their opinion, whether it's a popular one or not.

Also, would be great to see Carlin vs Thunder someday for sure! Would be great to IC against you, as I'm sure we'd serve up some great stuff!

Great interview and hope that Grind will continue to be a feature in the feds for a long time to come!
    Jman said it himself.

Efedding:
    Creative of the Year 2012
    Superstar of the Year 2012 (Kyojin)
    User of the Year 2013
    Writer of Match of the Year 2013
    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (Hot Wasabi- with Torphy)
    eWN eFed Hall of Famer Class 2
    Final ICW World Champion (Kyojin)
    Current WWE Champion (Cody Rhodes)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1eddiefan View Post
    Jman said it himself.
    Regardless of who said it, I don't agree with it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!