Page 92 of 158 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to another edition of Inside the Tights, the first interview show for that covers users in all feds. Last week we got to hear from the legendary SilverGhost. This week we get to go Inside the Tights with KJ Punk, so let's start the show.

First off welcome to the show, so for everyone unfamiliar with your work please introduce us to your character.

Well, my first and only current character is KJ Punk. He technically debuted in JBW as a jobberbot. I first took control of KJ Punk in HWA, where I told Broc and Sully it would be fun to be a jobber. Little did I know that soon after I debuted, I won a battle royal for number one contendership for the Extreme title and eventually won it as a transitional champion for Chainz in the Clique storyline. I was going to somehow be involved in the storyline's finale but HWA closed before that could happen.

Then I joined up with TCW, EWNCW, ICW (later IWA) and (for real) JBW. In TCW I won the Endurance Championship and after starting to write for Redemption, I had to drop out of it. I wasn't really active in EWNCW for a while due to lack of promo requests and general disinterest in any fedding for a period of time, although now it's going good and I'm the current Ignition Champion. JBW is somewhere I've got to do a little different and I'll talk about that later much and I'll touch on IWA with the next topic.

I also wrote for HWA Redemption from the time of Broc and Sully's first bannings until the closing of HWA. It was a fun, yet time consuming job and if you have never been on creative, you have no idea how much work it takes to pump out a show. So mad respect to anyone on any creative staff that puts out shows.

I was a member of the WWE Fed for an extremely brief period of time as "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. I never had fun writing promos for him so I quietly exited the fed before doing anything much.

Describe your feelings on becoming the first IWA world champion and what happened afterwards?

Winning ANY title to me is just mind-blowing because I've never felt that my stuff was ever better than anyone else's, especially some of the players in IWA. So winning the IWA World Championship was absolutely incredible although it didn't really matter who held the title at that time. That's because Eddie and Benny blew EVERYONE'S stuff out of the water with the Kyojin/Mr. Smyth feud that it didn't really matter who was the champ. I tried to step my game up a bit as world champ, but it didn't matter because it never registered on the scale of Eddie and Benny's. Then I dropped the title to AJ and the debuting Infection and what happened next was a damn shame. I was always a fan of Dixon on Redemption and always wanted to put the title on him (but couldn't for storyline purposes) and I was super pumped that Rehm was finally getting recognized for his work. Then he dropped it to Shaz after his first title defense which was sham. It didn't make sense creatively for Shaz (a face at the time) to cash in on Dixon (a heel) and then Shaz turn heel. It would've played much better if Shaz cashed in on me and then turned instead of the other way and it wouldn't have crushed someone's spirit as much as I bet it crushed Rehm's.

Recently your character just won the Inferno Ignition title at Threat of the Net and now gets to face Kyojin at Raging Inferno, then defend against Artemis later on. What are your thoughts on the whole situation and the possibility of getting a world title shot in just a few months?

Like I said above, it's insane. Getting to work with Eddie is always a pleasure because he's in the top 5 best fedders on the site and is the best creative. R(ob) is someone I've never had the chance to work with so it'll be fun to work with him and the Artemis character. Hopefully I'll be able to get to work with Tommy for the title because I'm sure if there's someone that can bring out the best in any fedder, it's Tommy.

Describe to us your characters transformation in JBW and the partnership with Darius.

This is all R(ob)'s idea. Basically I got tired of losing and Darius has always been a bit on the crazy side. So it's just bringing two guys that see a conspiracy taking place and are going to take a stand against a company and it's fans for allowing it to happen. Plus it's fun to get to do something different because I've always been a face and getting to do something different is a blast. I get to talk shit and play with the crowd a bit more and pretty much talk about pretty much any crazy thing I want to since I'm the crazy conspiracy theorist now.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    Current EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to Present)
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    Current IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to Present)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to Present)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What are your turn ons and turn offs when reading promos?

Turn ons are keeping me interested and being different from everyone else. Carlos Alberto Ramon is a prime example of that as he is one of my favorite characters in the feds. There is absolutely no one like CAR and his promos are always top notch. Also, long, repetitive promos are horrible. I don't know why people think that a 1500 word promo is a good one, especially when they say the same damn thing throughout the entire promo. Keep it short and simple. When I write my promos I envision my guy actually out in front of crowd saying these things. If he rabbled on for 2000 words, the crowd would become bored to death, so efedding shouldn't be any different. I try to keep my promos under 1000 words so that you don't lose the readers attention and you don't become repetitive in anything you say.

What feuds going on or ending right now have you been into the most?

Feuds involving me: Punk vs Black Blooded in IWA over the IWA Championship. Working with Asher is fantastic because BB are absolutely great characters so getting to mock them with Punk has been a treat. One man taking on the most dominant force in professional wrestling is also entertaining and keeps you wondering if KJ will ever bring in any help to balance the fight.

Feuds not involving me: Dixon vs the world in IWA. Like I said earlier AJ Dixon is severely underrated in the feds and he has absolutely shined after splitting with the Infection.
    Kyojin vs Jman in JBW: The realness of it has been great over the past few shows.
    Mike Hawk against everybody he feuds against in any fed: love how WF makes him different in every fed and I really enjoyed the time working against him in JBW.
    The team Inferno vs team Rage that's building for Raging Inferno: some big names on both teams and am really looking forward to the promos that'll be coming at the SuperShows.

What have been some of your favorite feuds that you were apart of? What users do you want to work with or do more work with?
    Well, AJ Dixon again. We've been against each other in every fed that we've been both a part of so it's like he's the Joker to my Batman. Mike Hawk was probably one of my most entertaining feuds for the JBW title. But that's all on WF for being so fucking awesome with Hawk. You know it's a good character when you don't want your own character to beat him.

I'd love to work more with Eddie, especially as Eddie Juarez since we've never crossed paths. I've had a few matches against VHX, Tommy Thunder and CAR and would love to be involved in a full blown feud against them since I know that they all would bring out the best in me.

For people I've never worked with, I don't really know because there are so many that I haven't crossed paths with. I'm down for working with anyone in a feud against one another and trying to make something that people will remember.

Is there anything coming up you want our viewers to be on the lookout for?

Be on the lookout for KJ Punk and Darius in JBW. It's about to get all crazy up in there and a lot of ruckus will be caused. I'm having a blast playing the conspiracy stuff and being able to do something different has made it more of a challenge to write for it.

That's it for this edition of Inside the Tights. Thanks to KJ for taking the time to do the interview and everyone else for reading. With just 4 interviews left including Vand., Niall, Krysys and Roman before we move on to the next set, stay tuned.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    Current EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to Present)
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    Current IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to Present)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to Present)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Really good interview, enjoyed it guys.

KJ Punk, thanks for the kind words man. Really nice of you bro.

Also, I was really sad when you left the WWE Fed man as I'm a big fan. But I understand it's not for everyone so I respect your choice mate and I'm glad you gave it ago, should you ever decide to have another crack at it.. You would always be welcome.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Nice to hear from KJ Punk's thoughts. Interesting read, especially on the IWA side of things since I didn't know a lot of that stuff.
    Punk's definitely a guy that's on the rise through the feds though. Has his head down and quietly gets on with business, rarely ever complains. A model e-fedder if you will!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Great interview from KJ!

Thanks for the shoutouts and I would definitely love to work in a proper feud at some point with you dude!

Efedding:
    Creative of the Year 2012
    Superstar of the Year 2012 (Kyojin)
    User of the Year 2013
    Writer of Match of the Year 2013
    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (Hot Wasabi- with Torphy)
    eWN eFed Hall of Famer Class 2
    Final ICW World Champion (Kyojin)
    Current WWE Champion (Cody Rhodes)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Nice to hear from KJ Punk's thoughts. Interesting read, especially on the IWA side of things since I didn't know a lot of that stuff.
    Punk's definitely a guy that's on the rise through the feds though. Has his head down and quietly gets on with business, rarely ever complains. A model e-fedder if you will!
    Yeah I would second that mate! Well said.

Nice guy too.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Awesome read, thanks for the shoutout.

Honestly I don't see the Punk/BB feud ending in any other way then with Punk as the IWA champ

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

The Professor Xavier to my Magneto. Great interview from KJ. I swear we have had a feud in every efed to date, and even some feds that never made it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey Bear...Rehmix called... He wants his everything back.

Malcolm Cage
    "Primetime" AJ Dixon ~ EWNCW International Champion
    EWNCW ~ IWA ~ APW

Blog Entries
    Great interview guys. Always like KJ and a user and a character, and that was quite the shoutout for the Smyth/Kyojin feud from KJ!

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Now that is how you do an ITT. Great interview KJ. Really enjoyed it
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up