Page 64 of 158 FirstFirst ... 14 546263646566 74 114 ... LastLast
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to another exciting episode of Inside the Tights. Last week we had EWNCW's own King Strem up for an interview and this week we have another creative member from that fed with us. He loves to dig holes and toss unsuspecting guys into them, get ready to go Inside the Tights with TheJosephBanks!

First off welcome to the show, now for everyone unfamiliar with your work, please tell us about your characters and positions on shows.

Pleased to be here, boss. People are unfamiliar with me? Well, shit, I must not be doing a proper job here in the land of e-fedding, and.. uh butterfl--- e-fedding. Yeah, that's it.

Well, to start off, there is me. I am the head booker for Inferno, one of EWNCW's main shows. There I write with Kingstrem, and the newly added S.E Zero. It's a lot of fun, getting the shows out that people have a joyous time reading, whether or not they admit it. Here's looking at you folks! *Uses the watching you motion.* I also got bounced around a lot. Rage, Warzon, back to Rage, then to Inferno - not to mention helping out with Rage and such when I'm needed. I am also, reportedly, Rilla. But you know, who knows where people get this information!

Well, my primary character is Seraphim aka The Black Angel, a pseudo religious character, who doesn't exactly ascribe to a 'God' but moreso his subconscious, which he claims he can hear. Originally, he started off in the Battle of the Newcomers elimination match with the likes of Carlin, who he is feuding with now, Ryan Wells, and Istvan Gretzky, who recently departed EWNCW. He then went on to feud with the likes of PrimusKhan, and Solla, in Ironmatch matches, and Cage matches - winning both, because Seraphim is the bees knees. He then went on to feud with the great and Legendary, TBOZ, for the EWNCW World Heavyweight Championship, though he failed to capture it. During an absence of mine, and right when I came back under the TJB(TheJosephBanks) moniker, Seraphim was taken out by Ronaldo, the current EWNCW WHC at the top of War Games. Shame really. Now, he's back.

I also have a tag-team by the name of Blacklist Royalty, which I was initially supposed to be in with someone else, but they decided not to go through with it, and I went ahead myself. It is a team of 'Princes', and they act as such and have moves named as such(Like Enslavement and Sons of the King) At one point, I belive Prince Alex Foyt, was supposed to be a champion on his own, no partner(People seem to have a lot of faith in me), but it was decided he needed to have a partner, so, I created Prince Chamberlain to go along with him. They won the Grand Championships, and then lost them to the great team of Mixed Emotions, during which time they were injured and slated to go to TWE, but that never came to fruition. So now they are floating in e-fed space.

And finally, I have my developmental talent - Kaige Chamberlain. I suppose he could be considering one of the upper-mid-card, low main eventers there. During his first promo, he was paired with Mr. Smyth(BennyTheBall), and I feel we tore the house down. He is one of those cocky types, real asshole that the fans loves to get behind due to his 'give no fucks attitude'. He was in a lull for a while, almost like a 'creative has nothing for you' type deal, so he was pretty much shelved for a bit, but he seems to be picking up steam, even having a win over Adameus Frewin, who is the current number 1 contender to the TWE Championship.

What do you think is the most rewarding aspect of being on creative and the most frustrating?

Well, this question. Is it loaded? Tryna get me in trouble! I am on to you, buddy! Joking, of course.

The most rewarding part of being on EWNCW Creative, is getting to work with so many different personalities, and being able to craft good stories that people want to see more of. I'm currently working on a few big things now, that you may see take shape coming up here soon. I don't think towards the next PPV, I think towards PPVs ahead and build from there. It is also good to see people coming to me with different ideas for their characters, and how they want to see them evolve and move forward. Plus the feedback, good or bad, helps.

As far as the most frustrating; well, there is the obvious lack of promos sometimes, which causes me to have to call an audible, change things around, to make it seem like nothing is missing. No big holes left in the show; why leave them, when you can fill them with something else, amirite?

Also, there is the fact, we are more or less expected to put everyone on the show - or so it seems. As long as they aren't injured, or otherwise MIA long term, it seems like we have to get everyone on the show. Which can be good in some respects, but in others, can be a bit of a pain. I can see why WWE/TNA/ROH don't try to throw their entire rosters on the shows. I mean, I get it, in an e-fed it's a bit easier to handle, but at the same time - that's a lot of people and it makes the PPVs come off as extremely long- when you have to put say, the majority of the Rage Roster on it, and the majority of the Inferno roster on it, and formerly, the majority of the Brutality roster.

Otherwise, it's minor things, like how characters come off. Again, it's good and bad, no one wants to have a character that seems subpar, but sometimes, things just look unrealistic. Also, no one really wants to have a character botch, and I understand that, so all the matches come off as crisp - benefit of being in an e-fed.

When you created your characters, did you have any ideas at that moment on how you wanted them to grow or anything specific you wanted for them?

No, honestly. I just wanted to have fun, but the writers(even before I became one, and still, I try not to book my own characters - because I find that, you either over book them, or under book them) in the e-feds I've been in, seem to always have some faith in my characters, and abilities, so I'm always in something. Like feuding with TBOZ, or Carlin, or even Mr. Smyth, or potentially being a single champion in a tag-team world. It's flattering really. Kaige was the only one I had a smidge of direction for, and that was basically - 'Not having him on the same show as Seraphim' and 'Not having BLR debut and be near Kaige'. I wanted to keep them separate from each other.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there any characters in particular that you want to feud/team with and are there any feuds between anyone around that you want to see?

Well, let's see.

Out of the characters I have:

Kaige: I do want to revisit the feud he had with Mr. Smyth, since me and Benny do magic when it comes to promos. Yes, I'm tooting my own horn, and yes, that is probably egotistical as all kinds of hell, but the first time I worked with Benny - when no one knew I was Rilla(Or.. you know... so that say) - we got praised for that promo. Unfortunately soon after I really fell off in terms of use and whatnot. I do want to feud with Adameus Frewin, because I think me and SouthernBlood could do well - he has really stepped his promo game up. I also want to have a legit feud with Mike Hawk. We only had a run in at EWNGP, and he beat me, so there is some history there. I think Kaige could fit with anyone. Maybe a Eddie feud for him, Tommy Thunder, and some other folks(We'll get to why I listed this later).

Seraphim: I want to do another feud with TBOZ. Due to my premature leaving, me and his feud wasn't all it could be and that's a shame, so I take credit for that. I think a proper feud with Ronaldo would be great. Also, Ano Doom and Grind Bastard. Feud wise, it could be great, especially if we were all heel, and Seraphim was back in his 'Black Angel' days, kicking people into garbage cans and setting them on fire. Otherwise, you know, we just brought in Abel, and I think - Abel, Ano, Grind with Seraphim/Black Angel as their leader could work out GREAT. Lemme jot that down.

As far as blacklist Royalty; Black Blooded, God's Grace, Hot Wasabi, all would be great in a feud with BLR. Plus, you know, we have the one and only King Strem, imagine him with two princes in his stable. BAM! Magic. Money.

What shows do you keep up with and what feuds are you interested in at the moment?

Now, I mentioned we would get into this earlier. I don't really keep up with any of the other shows. That probably sounds bad, but it's true. I really don't. I mostly keep up with Inferno, and I skim the Rage card and go from there. I keep up with TWE, but honestly, that's mostly if Kaige is being used. Otherwise, the more he isn't used, then the more I sort of zone it out and that showed, when I wanted to do a House Show card for TWE and didn't know who was feuding with who outside of the Main Event.

The same goes for feuds. I am quite interested in King vs Jameson though, since Jameson has really stepped up his promo game. I wonder why, I mean golly - first Ano, then Jameson - must be something in the e-water.

I was invited to IWA, however, so maybe I'll start checking up on things in there. Never know, maybe Kaige will play a Ballad there sometimes.

What were your feelings when you became the head of Inferno and were there any challenges when you moved up?

WHen I became head of Inferno, it wasn't something I asked to do, and honestly, wasn't something I wanted to do. I was perfectly fine working with Tommy on Rage - but no, Grind had to up and want to step down(I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS GRIND! *mean face*). So I popped up in the batcave(No, no one shall know the supersecret password!) and was pretty much thrust into the position. Basically, "Grind's stepping down. You're head booking Inferno. Have a nice day." I didn't want it. I tried to talk my way out of it. But Tommy told me, "Hey, people make it out to be harder than it is. Basically the same thing you do for me, except you make final decisions." Now, he's right. It's easy, you make final decisions, but you know that is a good deal of pressure. You're not just booking one feud, you're booking an entire show. If something goes wrong, they look at you - and Tommy will veto the almighty graciousness out of something as DUH BAWS. 8). Thankfully, I had King with me, since he was doing Inferno, and Grind would take time to look at my ideas.

As far as challenges? Learning a whole new roster. I didn't follow Inferno much, so I was pretty much going in blind. I knew the Rage roster, I liked the rage roster, but then I was suddenly given the reigns to a whole new roster and had to run with it. Must say, I think I've done a very spiffy job. *Adjusts tie* Now, the only challenges are - since we've gotten the tag teams, that's more people we have to fit on the shows. More people for the PPV, and some of them, are also single's characters. I hope they get two, proverbial, paychecks, because they work twice as much anyone that's either a pure tag-team guy, or a pure single's guy. Again, we put everyone on the shows as much as we can, including PPVs; so - Grind for example, he may have a match at a PPV for his single's feud, and then another one for a tag-feud he's in. Luckily he's a monster. So yeah, that's the only challenge at this point, and to be honest, it's something I still struggle with. I like to try and keep tag-teams tag-teams, and single's single; so I don't run into that problem often. I'd much prefer if say (Fictional Tag-Team: Jack 'The Jack Man' Jackson and Kris 'The Killer' Kristopher) were either single's or a tag. It's much easier to book, and imo, more logical.

Plus you know, trying to keep the storylines logical and continuing on with what Grind had in mind, plus adding my own flair to it.

EWNCW has had some returns and debuts as of late from past legends and new characters who are established in other feds or brand new. How do you go about dividing out the show times and feuds between them?

Well, when they come in they go throguh a vigorous screening process. Like you know, jumping through tires, getting their nam-- this isn't WWE? Oh. Okay.

Well, you know, we try and promote them to the best of our abilities. Make them coming in a huge deal, while also trying not to make it seem like they are above the rest of the folks that have been there in most cases. So, we bring them in, promote them and then pair them up with who we want them to feud with. Like, we brought in Shuriken, and immediately put him in a feud with Gillz. We knew we could produce good with them, and had a plan for Shuriken - however, things may have changed due to some unfortunate absences.

Overall, we try not to make the incoming legends seem more important to the fed than the new guys. We won't screw you on the booking, but we won't make you the marquee piece of the puzzle for the sake of our new guys. If, you're not going to be there long, we try and put you with someone who could use the rub. Like a Ignition guy we want to bring up to the International Division, or a International Guy we want to elevate to that title, or beyond it.

As far as new characters, depending on how they did down in TWE, we move them up and around accordingly. A good deal of new people, however, end up going to TWE, our Developmental. Get them straight down there, which mostly means, them working down there until the head booker of TWE deems them ready and we have a spot for them. Mostly, it's its own little world, with the EWNCW name attached to it - like NXT to WWE, or OVW to TNA.

Anything you want our viewers to look out for in the near future?

Several things, obviously, I can't just out and say it - you know, batcave confidentality clauses Tommy insistes(By that i mean, hangs us over bat poop) we sign. Terrible torture, man, just terrible. But the next Inferno one of the big feuds I'm working towards for Day of Reckoning may just come to light. It should be big and I'm hoping that it gets a lot of people talking.

I try to book, mentally, two or three PPVs ahead. And for the feud I mentioned above, it started when I came to the head of Inferno. It was almost in jeopardy, but all the pieces are there. Just need to meld the story. There are also a bunch of other feuds and matches I'm working on, so TotN should be a good place for them all to really take shape and move forward.

So, you all be sure to keep up with Inferno!

That's it for this edition of Inside the Tights, stay tuned next week as K2Jelly is our next guest.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Great read, guys.

A Smyth/Kaige feud would have been fooking awesome!

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Another enjoyable read! These interviews are a great addition to the section. It's good to hear the insight from the people behind the characters and such.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Awesome read, thanks for the shoutout.
    been trying to feud with Blacklist royalty for some time now, I got some great lines about princes that make me giggle like a girl when I think about them, and I have always been a fan of your promo style, so I know it would be a blast.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Once again enjoyed it. The good thing about these Interviews, you get to know a little about people you have not met or spoke to and this was another one of them. Good stuff guys.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

great interview yet again. And lol @ my JJJ getting a small mention, never ever thought i would see his name in one of these interviews

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Oh hey... this went up and I didn't even know!
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Awesome interview, fellas.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

I'd be interested in doing one.

That is if anybody would be interested in hearing from me

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion