Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You were the first person I worked with when I joined the efeds in the EWA and your promos were a big reason I tried harder to put out stronger work. Do you think strong competition brings out the best in others or that their single work is better?

I remember that very well.. I believe you were actually chosen ahead of me! DAMN YOU! SCREW THIS INTERVIEW! lol. Nah joking aside you deserved it man. I'm going to be very honest and something I have not done when speaking about EWA. I can honestly say I hated my time in EWA.. I regretted signing up every single time I came on this site but.. I had no one to blame but myself. I signed up to EWA because HWA creative at the time advised newcomers to go over there and it would help in the long run.. so I signed up. First couple of shows go by and even though I handed in promo's and were told they were good I was never used.. funny enough the only other person not to be used was Van Hooligan X my friend and now partner who would become there champion and star of the show (Funny huh? ) So I told them I was done.. they let me go.

flash forward a month or two and I'm now doing well in HWA, really well considering I was a new comer, Broc (Now helping EWA out on creative) speaks to me and says.. EWA could do with someone like you, I also think you will benefit why don't you give it another go. I would then speak to Van and he would ask me to give EWA another go.. So I sent a message to Rob asking if I would be welcome back and used.. he said I was off course welcome back and they would like to have me there, so I come back (Yay!) Now here's where my ego got the better of me.. I signed back thinking that because I was doing well on another show, IMO.. a much better show, that if I went to a smaller one.. I would be used, I mean I seen people who I didn't consider great or better then me doing the same so why couldn't I do it? So I'm thinking I will be on one of the main shows enter a decent feud and there we go.. NOPE! I would be sent to the development brand and barely used.

Now I could have changed this.. maybe IC'ed more, shown I was more keen.. knuckled down and worked harder, yet again.. my ego got the better of me and I'm now competing for titles over at the better company and here I am in this one.. in a development brand. so I thought okay fine.. fuck it then. I'm not even going to try.. and I didn't. Which is my fault obviously.. I would then enter a feud with Ihavnhoe Heskey and for anyone who does not know.. that was a jobber character from Pauadrian lol. It couldn't get any lower in my eyes.. So once again.. I left. A little later EWA would then close and the rest is history.

To answer the question though.. I would totally agree that strong competition brings out the best in others. from personal experience I can say it worked for me, when I was part of the Clique storyline.. I was working with and against some of the best in effeding and every week I knew I had to step up and deliver my best. I also knew it was an honor to work with such guys so if that didn't motivate me, then nothing would have. I would also say, though you always want your character to come out the best.. when you have been around effeding for a little while, you quickly learn that if you and the person you are feuding with can make the storyline good.. and enjoyable for the readers, then you have done well no matter who comes out the better.

What have been been some of your favorite promos/matches/feuds to read recently and why do they stand out to you?

Another good question. I will be honest here and say, I only read the shows of the fed's i'm involved in so I'm sure there's been great shows/Promo's/Feud's I have missed, but for me.. Shining vs Adonis in IWA has been a feud I have enjoyed recently, both good guys and there characters are so different which makes the feud interesting. Both men have been quality with there promo's and there feud for me has been the one that instantly I have enjoyed while being part of IWA. As for the others, I would have to say they have been in the WWE Fed. When you are on creative, you sometimes get the feeling that when you plan something.. it could be special, but the feud with United Kingdom and building there empire against the likes of Rhodes, Black, Punk has been something I have loved even though I know whats going to happen. lol the promo's have been great and the people portraying there characters have been spot on.

Another one would be Austin Aries vs Chris Jericho/Bear vs Tommy. Everyone knows how good these guys are.. but they really have been nothing but great for the WWE Fed and there two guys who always deliver same would apply for the Edge vs Tyson Kidd/Eddie vs Shaz. Again just another good feud I have enjoyed.

So Yeah, I would say there a couple of the Feuds/Promo's I have been enjoying. Also I would like to give a shout out for K2Jelly, from what I have seen.. this guy could play any character in the WWE Fed he's that good, also his custom characters.. they always amaze me at how different they are and how much they stand out when he writes for them.. I honestly believe that when some people have multiple characters often the wires get crossed and it can come across a little samey, but with Jelly.. every character is different to the other and he gets my respect for that.

Is there anything you want our viewers to be on the lookout for in the future?

Firstly, thanks again for having me on the show. As for people to watch out for? I guess IWA and the WWE Fed. I honestly believe IWA is really going places with the talent that's joined recently and you mix that with what they already had and Bear on the creative.. it can only keep getting better! As for the WWE Fed, Same apply's.. I think we have personally done really well but again.. I have no doubt we can keep going forward so be on the watch out for that.

That's it for this week folks, now remember to get out some viewer questions to me for these guys also. The next guest is VanHooliganX and then Torphy and then I will have the next 5 names out between those two interviews.

Theme of the Week- Kyojin
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    Current EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to Present)
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    Current IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to Present)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to Present)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Great work Thanks for the shoutout!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Light View Post
    Great work Thanks for the shoutout!
    No problem man, truly deserved.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    I suppose I should speak on behalf of EWA.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In hindsight, we should've got the shows out quicker. We should've focused less on comedy than we did. And I should've spoke up more about Roba's plans than I did.

Roba planned, for Carnage, that the latter guys that signed up at the time (Mike Hawk, Ramon, Dingo Mac and others) was going to the developmental brand that was about to start up - Carnage, written by me. The trouble was, Roba liked to plan things months in advance, and didn't want to change them. With all due respect to WF, and although it turned out to be a good decision - Mike Hawk was planned to win the Carnage Title without even doing a promo. That was a mistake. Based on previous work, Ramon was the man who should've been pushed. It seemed to me, that Roba pushed people with who had the best bio, not the best promos. That was a mistake.

I also told THBK after his promos, that they were awesome, and he deserved an EWA Title. The thing is, due to me being green and I was concerned about speaking out against Roba's plans, so I didn't. The advantage though, I recognized with Ramon on the developmental brand, is that he brought attention to it, and in turn, improved the 2 stand out talents (Mac and Hawk). However, a big mistake on our behalf, was not pushing people like Johnny Hot and Carlos Alberto Ramon, as World Title talents, as they deserved to be.

And the truth is, EWA was always over-praised. It was good, but as good as Broc was promoting it? Not a chance. As good as R(ob) was saying? Aloisick really being Daniel Walkerin is just as realistic. It gave me in particular, an ego boost, that I could do no wrong, that no one would moan, that no one would be upset at us. I thought we were doing the right thing, I thought Roba was the eFedding god, when in actual fact, he was human, and made mistakes. That was partly due to a large influx of talents coming in. I thought it was because we were doing really, really, well, when it was people were encouraging others to come to gain experience.

So basically, whether you IC'd or not, had no matter THBK, when it should've (and I'm sure you would've if you had a title, like you should've), your promos were quality, yet you could write a paragraph, and be pushed the same amount in the next 6 months.

That's me admitting my mistakes, I dunno about your promos not being included though. That's something Roba would have to defend

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    I suppose I should speak on behalf of EWA.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In hindsight, we should've got the shows out quicker. We should've focused less on comedy than we did. And I should've spoke up more about Roba's plans than I did.

Roba planned, for Carnage, that the latter guys that signed up at the time (Mike Hawk, Ramon, Dingo Mac and others) was going to the developmental brand that was about to start up - Carnage, written by me. The trouble was, Roba liked to plan things months in advance, and didn't want to change them. With all due respect to WF, and although it turned out to be a good decision - Mike Hawk was planned to win the Carnage Title without even doing a promo. That was a mistake. Based on previous work, Ramon was the man who should've been pushed. It seemed to me, that Roba pushed people with who had the best bio, not the best promos. That was a mistake.

I also told THBK after his promos, that they were awesome, and he deserved an EWA Title. The thing is, due to me being green and I was concerned about speaking out against Roba's plans, so I didn't. The advantage though, I recognized with Ramon on the developmental brand, is that he brought attention to it, and in turn, improved the 2 stand out talents (Mac and Hawk). However, a big mistake on our behalf, was not pushing people like Johnny Hot and Carlos Alberto Ramon, as World Title talents, as they deserved to be.

And the truth is, EWA was always over-praised. It was good, but as good as Broc was promoting it? Not a chance. As good as R(ob) was saying? Aloisick really being Daniel Walkerin is just as realistic. It gave me in particular, an ego boost, that I could do no wrong, that no one would moan, that no one would be upset at us. I thought we were doing the right thing, I thought Roba was the eFedding god, when in actual fact, he was human, and made mistakes. That was partly due to a large influx of talents coming in. I thought it was because we were doing really, really, well, when it was people were encouraging others to come to gain experience.

So basically, whether you IC'd or not, had no matter THBK, when it should've (and I'm sure you would've if you had a title, like you should've), your promos were quality, yet you could write a paragraph, and be pushed the same amount in the next 6 months.

That's me admitting my mistakes, I dunno about your promos not being included though. That's something Roba would have to defend
    Thanks man.

You should have saved this for your interview bro! No need for anyone to answer to anything, I was just being honest and I don't hold any grudge's with anyone. Also for the record, a title was never anything I pushed for or wanted, just to feel needed was all I wanted. It's good to know the truth though Des, thanks man.. made me happy.

IWA:

HWA:

General:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Thanks man.

You should have saved this for your interview bro! No need for anyone to answer to anything, I was just being honest and I don't hold any grudge's with anyone. Also for the record, a title was never anything I pushed for or wanted, just to feel needed was all I wanted. It's good to know the truth though Des, thanks man.. made me happy.
    I've already had my interview dude .

I know you didn't desperately want a title, but it's what you deserved. There was a group of around 10 people who should've got pushed further in EWA, and you were, IMO, at the forefront of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    I've already had my interview dude .

I know you didn't desperately want a title, but it's what you deserved. There was a group of around 10 people who should've got pushed further in EWA, and you were, IMO, at the forefront of it.
    Oh yeah!

Thanks again man, but I don't hold grudges or anything like that so it's no problem.

IWA:

HWA:

General:

Great to get an insight on one of my favourite people on EWN! Little know fact about THBK, he's incredibly approachable and understanding when you bring an efedding problem to him!

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Quote Originally Posted by Torphy View Post
    Great to get an insight on one of my favourite people on EWN! Little know fact about THBK, he's incredibly approachable and understanding when you bring an efedding problem to him!
    Haha! Thanks man.

IWA:

HWA:

General:

I hate that guy^^^^

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....