Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kofi's Kick

Kofi's Kick

It didn't click with me just how brutal it was later, but I knew something wasn't right when they were zoomed on Miz so much, and Ross and Cole sounded a bit more concerned than usual. Then I saw the kick and heard it, and thought "yeah, it wasn't supposed to happen like that."

But then I remembered the Miz TV segment where Miz was saying Kofi will never have that big moment. That kick became the most talked about moment of the night. That's some crazy irony right there. I'm not saying Miz was supposed to get busted open and get a concussion, but I do the stiff Legit hit was a work.

Thoughts?

It means absolutely nothing.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    I don't think it was intentional. The idiots over on the newssite loved it for it's brutality.. I think it's reckless and dumb and will not do Kofi any good in the long run. I believe he already has a reputation for being sloppy? It could be fuel on the short run though.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

As long as Miz is alright, nothing will happen with kofi, as far as trouble wise. It was unintentional and tonight we find out if Miz is okay. Or, they'll look at it as Karma for that Truth/Miz spot a while back.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I knew there was a reason it's called Trouble In Paradise! (hang on, would anyone consider Ghana paradise?)lol

It's just one of those things that happens. It looked good. The Miz is ok, reportedly, so what's the worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I knew there was a reason it's called Trouble In Paradise! (hang on, would anyone consider Ghana paradise?)lol

It's just one of those things that happens. It looked good. The Miz is ok, reportedly, so what's the worry?
    Kofi used to be "Jamaican" I think... I don't remember well but I know he had the accent, I can't remember if he was ever billed from Jamaica. If they named the finisher when he was "Jamaican", then that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Kofi used to be "Jamaican" I think... I don't remember well but I know he had the accent, I can't remember if he was ever billed from Jamaica. If they named the finisher when he was "Jamaican", then that would make sense.
    Yes. I believe he was Jamaican. During his Jamaican run he was notorious for forgetting to use his accent. When he was feuding with Randy Orton he got put into an in-ring segment with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and others.. So as soon as Kofi got the microphone passed to him he spoke like an intelligent American and I believe it was Shawn or Triple H who responded with a comical remark saying, "I thought you were Jamaican! What happened to your accent?". Haha.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Yes. I believe he was Jamaican. During his Jamaican run he was notorious for forgetting to use his accent. When he was feuding with Randy Orton he got put into an in-ring segment with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and others.. So as soon as Kofi got the microphone passed to him he spoke like an intelligent American and I believe it was Shawn or Triple H who responded with a comical remark saying, "I thought you were Jamaican! What happened to your accent?". Haha.
    HHH throwing the guy under the bus.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    It means absolutely nothing.
    Wow. You're like the least most insightful guy on the forums these days lol!

On topic; are you suggesting that Kofi legitimately hitting Miz is a work? Absolutely not. It was a nice kick that happened to catch him good and proper. A mistake (or a MIZtake ho, ho, ho).
    Let's see if Kofi can ride a wave with it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    HHH throwing the guy under the bus.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs