Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

You nominate 8 candidates to be inducted in this years WWE HOF!!

Something just for fun to see who'd get the most votes. Everyone can vote obviously, but just nominate 8 wrestlers unless of course you have tag teams included. Plz don't nominate guys who are currently under contract or Bruno because that isn't likely to happen. So everyone else is allowed to be nominated. Reminder, this is in NYC so try to choose guys who have ties with the city. I'll give you my 8 as an example:

1.Bob Backlund-Hearing rumors that he has turned down the offer to be in the HOF in 04 for either being upset about the fact Pete Rose was going in or he thought he could still go in the ring and wasn't ready to retire. Again, virtually based in New York as all WWF champions did because of the territories along with not being in the NWA any longer.

2.Mick Foley-Who doesn't love Foley? His last run in TNA reminded me of how much I loved him. LOL! Rock N Sock, jump off the cage at Summerslam, like his idol Superfly did in a cage in the 80s. Lives in the area and has a lot of history in New York. Most likely probably of the entire list I have here to get in 2013. I hope Terry Funk inducts him!!

3.Paul Heyman-A name that hasn't really come up from fans when discussing the HOF this year. I read on this site one of its reports saying Joey Styles is pushing for him to be put in the HOF this year because it is in New York. Hammerstein ballroom ties there. Love to see him get inducted in 2013. Couldn't tell you who'd be the right guy to induct Heyman: possibly RVD, Dreamer, or someone like that.

4.Larry Zbyszko-Involved in probably the most famous cage match in the history of our business. He faced Bruno in the cage selling out in Shea Stadium obviously in New York. Which is why he obviously should be put in the HOF in NY. Still takes shots at Hogan/Andre for being a midcard match while him and Bruno was the main event. Gagne may induct him if he were to be inducted.

5.Tommy Dreamer-When is ECW guys getting inducted in the HOF?

6.JBL-One could argue Texas, but he got over with the rich New York gimmick. Brags about living in NYC, he should be inducted there. Who should induct him? How about his APA partner Ron Simmons.

7.Sable-New York + Sable? What tie is there? Not really a tie other than Lesnar is currently working for the WWE. She certainly brought women's wrestling back to the WWF when it died when the title landed in the trash can. Her and Luna got more over than the men they managed which is why it was brought back. She was the face of the division til she left. A diva or former women's wrestler will get in anyways. Why not?

8.Kevin Nash-I heard it in rumors this year because he won the WWF title against Backlund in MSG. There is my 8....I'm not nominating guys who are active like Rock, Taker, HHH, and so forth.

Lou Thesz

When all was said and done, Lou Thesz had six NWA World Title runs during a time when the belt wasn't passed around like a hot potato, in fact he held the Championship a combined ten years, three months, and nine days.

Thesz was the glue that held the NWA together and was the original reason it was as successful as it was.

He is also credited with being the innovator of a number of wrestling maneuvers such as the original powerbomb, STF, belly to back waistlock suplex (known today as the German suplex due to its association with Karl Gotch), and the Lou Thesz press all of which are still used today.

Pat O'Connor

He is regarded as one of the premier workers of his era.

He also held the
    AWA World Heavyweight Championship and NWA World Heavyweight Championship simultaneously, the latter of which he held for two years.

Edouard Carpentier

Carpentier was one of the first wrestlers to regularly use acrobatic maneuvers such as the Rope-aided twisting hurricanrana and because of this was always a fan favorite.

He also headlined Madison Square Garden three during his career and was matched against numerous heels, the most well known of whom was the legendary Killer Kowalski

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Savage was arguably as big of a star as Hulk Hogan during the "Rock N' Wrestling" era of the eighties in the WWE.

He was one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the history of the business and easily stood out from the rest of the pack.

Savage was also one of the best inside the ring and had one of the greatest matches of all time against Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania III.

Ed "Strangler" Lewis

Lewis led a wrestling renaissance after the attendance doldrums of World War 1.

Along with Billy Sandow and Toots Mondt, Lewis held a virtual hammerlock on wrestling during the decade, with practically every name wrestler under contract.

After retirement, he worked with Leroy McGuirk and trained Danny Hodge and Dick Hutton for the ring. Lou Thesz credits Lewis with polishing his style in the ring.

Davey Boy Smith (British Bulldog)

He is one of the most physically impressive wrestlers in history and held every major title in the WWE except the WWE Championship, while also main eventing many PPV events in both WCW and WWE.

Smith also possessed uncanny athleticism for a man as muscular as he was.

Karl Gotch

In Japan, Gotch was known as the "God of Pro Wrestling" due to his influence in Japanese wrestling.

He also invented the Cradle Piledriver.

Toots Mondt

He revolutionized wrestling in the 1920s by moving away from the slow-moving mat wrestling that was losing the interest of fans and instead combined features of a boxing ring, Greco-Roman, freestyle wrestling, and the old-time lumber-camp style of fighting.

He is one of the founders of the WWWF and was the one who wanted to build the company around Bruno Sammartino, while Vince McMahon Sr on the other hand thought Sammartino would be a mid-carder at best.

Some of the stars Mondt helped create from the 1920s through the 1960s include Jim Londos, Antonio Rocca, and Bruno Sammartino.

1 Andy Kaufman
    2 Randy Savage
    3 Owen Hart
    4 Chris Benoit
    5 Paul Heyman
    6 Raven (not for his short run in WWF in the early 2000's but for his run as Johnny Polo in the early 90's, he was GREAT)
    7 Paul Bearer
    8 Bull Nakano

"Victims.. Aren't we all ?"

Blog Entries
    I thought Lex would go in this year but since he's apparently inducting Sting into the TNA HoF this year (I think), then I doubt that will happen.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Even though ECW wasnt the top promotion i would like to see a couple of ECW guys get inducted, well they arent many but Paul Heyman would be awesome imo. And why not induct the ECW Originals? Tazz? Raven? I hope they induct guys like you said that are around the New York area because its like their hometown and i love crowd reaction thats why i kind of hope we see an ECW guy get inducted so i can hear the ECW chants . Another thing that i thought about was why not induct the The British Bulldogs? two guys who made an impact in the wrestling business. Randy Savage and Lou Thesz are two guys who should have been inducted a long time ago. Well lets wait and see, WWE will soon be announcing the first entrant.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see the Bulldogs go in although I don't share the level of fandom for Davey Boy that Brendan up there does. A press slam, clothesline, powerslam combo does not make a great wrestler. He was ok but Dynamite was the man in my humble opinion.
    I'd go for some ECdub guys, but Taz is a big no since he works for that indy promotion.....what's it called? lol

A lot depends on who accepts the 'honor'.

Blog Entries
    note that I'm 20 so my knowledge of wrestling before 1995 is not great. I will try to come up with a list, hate on it if you want
    bob backlund- he held the title for how long? how is he not in the hall of fame?

Randy savage- seriously as a kid, I was one of the superstars that I have known about for as long as I can remember he deserves to be in the hall of fame.

Kurt angle- I'm going to catch some heat for this pick but seriously, he has the most determination of any superstar I have ever seen. He was one of the last superstars to get a huge pop as a heel and yes I know he is over in tna but he deserves to be a wwe hall of famer as well. He is truly one of the greatest superstars I have ever seen

Mick foley- three personalities and loved as each one. he deserves to be in the hall of fame and I don't see anyone arguing that point.

Eric bishcoff- this might seem out of left field but lets think about it, he helped build the attitude era by having the competition that made vince get out of the box. his wcw came up with the often duplicated NWO. and when he was the gm of raw the rating were awesome.

trish stratus- she is a female wrestler that held the title more times than any other female in history. she had legendary feuds and even main evented the main program of the wwe at one point.

Vincent k. Mcmahon- at this point I think he deserves to be in the hall of fame as much as anyone else.

The undertaker- This man has done it all for this industry, I know he is "active" but not enough really to count. he should be in the wwe hall of fame IMO.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    So, this is about who you want, not who you think? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    So, this is about who you want, not who you think? Just asking.
    Who you want I suppose......your voting

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    note that I'm 20 so my knowledge of wrestling before 1995 is not great. I will try to come up with a list, hate on it if you want
    bob backlund- he held the title for how long? how is he not in the hall of fame?

Randy savage- seriously as a kid, I was one of the superstars that I have known about for as long as I can remember he deserves to be in the hall of fame.

Kurt angle- I'm going to catch some heat for this pick but seriously, he has the most determination of any superstar I have ever seen. He was one of the last superstars to get a huge pop as a heel and yes I know he is over in tna but he deserves to be a wwe hall of famer as well. He is truly one of the greatest superstars I have ever seen

Mick foley- three personalities and loved as each one. he deserves to be in the hall of fame and I don't see anyone arguing that point.

Eric bishcoff- this might seem out of left field but lets think about it, he helped build the attitude era by having the competition that made vince get out of the box. his wcw came up with the often duplicated NWO. and when he was the gm of raw the rating were awesome.

trish stratus- she is a female wrestler that held the title more times than any other female in history. she had legendary feuds and even main evented the main program of the wwe at one point.

Vincent k. Mcmahon- at this point I think he deserves to be in the hall of fame as much as anyone else.

The undertaker- This man has done it all for this industry, I know he is "active" but not enough really to count. he should be in the wwe hall of fame IMO.
    The men you stated are either active or under TNA contract.
    Bischoff, Angle, Taker