Threaded View

You nominate 8 candidates to be inducted in this years WWE HOF!!

Something just for fun to see who'd get the most votes. Everyone can vote obviously, but just nominate 8 wrestlers unless of course you have tag teams included. Plz don't nominate guys who are currently under contract or Bruno because that isn't likely to happen. So everyone else is allowed to be nominated. Reminder, this is in NYC so try to choose guys who have ties with the city. I'll give you my 8 as an example:

1.Bob Backlund-Hearing rumors that he has turned down the offer to be in the HOF in 04 for either being upset about the fact Pete Rose was going in or he thought he could still go in the ring and wasn't ready to retire. Again, virtually based in New York as all WWF champions did because of the territories along with not being in the NWA any longer.

2.Mick Foley-Who doesn't love Foley? His last run in TNA reminded me of how much I loved him. LOL! Rock N Sock, jump off the cage at Summerslam, like his idol Superfly did in a cage in the 80s. Lives in the area and has a lot of history in New York. Most likely probably of the entire list I have here to get in 2013. I hope Terry Funk inducts him!!

3.Paul Heyman-A name that hasn't really come up from fans when discussing the HOF this year. I read on this site one of its reports saying Joey Styles is pushing for him to be put in the HOF this year because it is in New York. Hammerstein ballroom ties there. Love to see him get inducted in 2013. Couldn't tell you who'd be the right guy to induct Heyman: possibly RVD, Dreamer, or someone like that.

4.Larry Zbyszko-Involved in probably the most famous cage match in the history of our business. He faced Bruno in the cage selling out in Shea Stadium obviously in New York. Which is why he obviously should be put in the HOF in NY. Still takes shots at Hogan/Andre for being a midcard match while him and Bruno was the main event. Gagne may induct him if he were to be inducted.

5.Tommy Dreamer-When is ECW guys getting inducted in the HOF?

6.JBL-One could argue Texas, but he got over with the rich New York gimmick. Brags about living in NYC, he should be inducted there. Who should induct him? How about his APA partner Ron Simmons.

7.Sable-New York + Sable? What tie is there? Not really a tie other than Lesnar is currently working for the WWE. She certainly brought women's wrestling back to the WWF when it died when the title landed in the trash can. Her and Luna got more over than the men they managed which is why it was brought back. She was the face of the division til she left. A diva or former women's wrestler will get in anyways. Why not?

8.Kevin Nash-I heard it in rumors this year because he won the WWF title against Backlund in MSG. There is my 8....I'm not nominating guys who are active like Rock, Taker, HHH, and so forth.