Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    That title of the blog is Isn't CM Punk like John Cena?

Back to your original topic, I look at it from this point. Wrestlers don't get into the business to capture the WWE title one time, or form a stable one time, they get into it to have multiple title reigns, to have memorable title reigns, to entertain the fans. So what is left for Punk to accomplish? Having the feud that will forever be remembered, ie HBK vs HHH, Cena vs Edge, HBK vs Hart, Austin vs Rock. There is alot he has left to accomplish
    Someone already pointed that out, I made a mistake goshh. I meant to say Punk isn't Cena. Because someone else said they didn't think Punk was Cena

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    But in saying that, I'm sure I could find ways to compare myself to Arnold Schwarzenegger, if I really tried.
    Two legs, two arms, two eyes with a nose between and slightly below them ... hell, you're a dead ringer!

Blog Entries
    Cena is on a next level when compared to Punk. Some of you might hate this post but he's on par with guys like Dwayne imo. Trips said it the best Cena doesn't need to be chasing or be the WWE champion to be relevant. He's earned that right.
    I'm jus sayin...

Isn't the point to "win titles"? What stable has cena been a part of? Does Punk's character resemble Cena's at all?
    Just winning titles doesn't mean they are anything alike. The same could be said about any wrestler. The same could also be said about any other sport, i mean once you've won a title in UFC there's nothing left beyond moving weights (which is uncommon). There's a lot for both Punk and Cena to do; Help spearhead a revitalized product and to continue to entertain the fans by doing what they love.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

That's probably the most unfortunate thing for Punk. No matter how much the WWE forces Cena down our throats, he's not in the same tier as guys like Bret Hart, HBK, Stone Cold, The Rock, Angle, Undertaker, etc. To date, Punk's biggest feuds in the WWE have been against a 5'3 Mysterio, a glorified stuntman / drug addict (Jeff Hardy) and now against Cena who the WWE wants us to believe is one of the greatest of all time.

I thought Punk's promo with McMahon was pretty bad by Punk standards the other night. He went for cheap heat with the slap but also with his point about Stone Cold. If it wasnt for their Wrestlemania 13 match between Stone Cold & Bret Hart, we likely dont even have the McMahon / Stone Cold feud. That single match paved the way to turn Austin face and become the future face of the company. Stone Cold was fortunate to have outstanding feuds with guys like Bret Hart, HBK, The Rock, Undertaker, Foley, HHH, Angle, etc.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    Okay now here me out everyone says John Cena has done everything there is to do.But what does Punk have to accomplish? I mean he has been the Intercontiental champion, ECW champion, Tag team champion, World Heavyweight Champion, won Money in the Bank twice, and formed not one but two stables The Straight Edge Society and New Nexus. And don't forget his lenghty WWE Championship run that he still has. Yeah I know he hasn't won the WWE Championship as much as Cena but if you think about it Punk and Cena are in the same boat when it comes to nothing left to accomplish. They did it all IMO.
    Honestly times may be different but Punk has become his own dynasty, he is on covers, in the news, winning. So that is what I thought you were getting at.

United States Championship run perhaps?

CM Punk > John Cena how dare you say a thing like this...."Kinda"?

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    Okay now here me out everyone says John Cena has done everything there is to do.But what does Punk have to accomplish? I mean he has been the Intercontiental champion, ECW champion, Tag team champion, World Heavyweight Champion, won Money in the Bank twice, and formed not one but two stables The Straight Edge Society and New Nexus. And don't forget his lenghty WWE Championship run that he still has. Yeah I know he hasn't won the WWE Championship as much as Cena but if you think about it Punk and Cena are in the same boat when it comes to nothing left to accomplish. They did it all IMO.
    I get what you're trying to say, but it's far from the truth. Look at this title reign alone. This entire year, Punk has not headlined a single Pay-per-view except the one on one with Cena. The Rock/Cena match at Wrestlemania I get, but the one against Big Show and the MITB match? C'mon. Cena main events in a match in which he wins a shot at the WWE Championship. A Championship mind you that WASN'T THE MAIN EVENT!

If I was Cena I'd let Punk have the Championship because technically the championship would be beneath me.
    By His scars, we are healed.