Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    Well not all wrestlers win the RR but some of them are still great lol
    No, true.
    I agree though that if Punk isn't WWE champ when the Royal Rumble comes round, there's a good chance we could see him winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Even bringing up Cena vs Rock 2 makes me feel sick.
    Not saying that's what I want to see, but that's what I see WWE doing.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

In the ways that you state I guess he is like John Cena,
    But by that logic near on every top guy the company has ever had is kinda like John Cena.
    What makes the top guys is the complete opposite of what you are saying, they aren't one of the generic people who make up the roster (largely due to the gimmicks they are given, not their own faults).
    They are different, and that's what gives them the potential to be the top guys.
    So I don't think he is like John Cena at all really.

I was also thinking the royal rumble

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    I don't know how to explain it. I'm saying he won all these titles and formed stables and there's not that much more to accomplish IMO. I didn't say he was like Cena I'm just saying Punk does't have that much more to accomplish. IMO
    That title of the blog is Isn't CM Punk like John Cena?

Back to your original topic, I look at it from this point. Wrestlers don't get into the business to capture the WWE title one time, or form a stable one time, they get into it to have multiple title reigns, to have memorable title reigns, to entertain the fans. So what is left for Punk to accomplish? Having the feud that will forever be remembered, ie HBK vs HHH, Cena vs Edge, HBK vs Hart, Austin vs Rock. There is alot he has left to accomplish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    That title of the blog is Isn't CM Punk like John Cena?

Back to your original topic, I look at it from this point. Wrestlers don't get into the business to capture the WWE title one time, or form a stable one time, they get into it to have multiple title reigns, to have memorable title reigns, to entertain the fans. So what is left for Punk to accomplish? Having the feud that will forever be remembered, ie HBK vs HHH, Cena vs Edge, HBK vs Hart, Austin vs Rock. There is alot he has left to accomplish
    Regarding the bolded, I agree.
    Punk's yet to accomplish that, but over the past year, Punk has pushed himself into a position where he can go on to achieve that now that he's a solidified main event star.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I think they're very similar. They're both dominant to the point of frustration. They both have set moves they rely on each and every match - their finishers even both begin with their opponents on their shoulders. They both are great on the mic. They both get huge reactions when their entrance music hits. They are probably on an equal par as the top guys in the company. Both men are at the extreme of their respective spectrum of appeal. Both men resonate hugely with fans - not the same fans mind you, but still. Both men have short haircuts.

But in saying that, I'm sure I could find ways to compare myself to Arnold Schwarzenegger, if I really tried.

Blog Entries
    Winning so many titles is more about how quickly they change hands anymore, cheapening the accomplishment of winning a belt and the championship it represents. Half the guys above midcard have held major belts--I mean look at Jack Swagger, former world champ who can't get a win over anyone this year--so it's not like the past when being a belt-holder meant so much.

Most sensible wrestlers are in the profession to make as much money as possible. That's what they're REALLY hoping to achieve--victories and fame, a distant second.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

John Cena is the biggest star in wrestling, cm punk is not.

True story.
    "The champ is here" - John Cena

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
    Yes, but I couldn't find sense in it. ??? LMAO
    That's funny because other people understood it, they don't agree but they understand it. Hmmm.....

Blog Entries
    The main difference between the 2 (other than the fact Punk has yet to win a Rumble or headline Mania) is that Cena never needs the WWE title again to be considered the company's posterboy.