Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

WWE is misusing Zack Ryder

Now I know that Ryder isn't exactly the greatest in the ring, but the guy SELLS. Seriously this man is a perenial jobber and he is still in the top five of merchandising sales, almost has a million twitter followers, started the WWE social media trend, and has a cult like following. Is his gimmick cheesy? Of course, but lets not forget John Cena was once the Doctor of Thuganomics, Stone Cold was once the ring master, HHH was once Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and the Rock was Rocky Mavia. All of these guys started with cheesy gimmicks, but then evolved into the main eventers that we see today. Hell Ziggler was in the Spirit Squad for christ's sake. I think the WWE should start pushing Ryder because he could definitely be a number two face if not the face of the company.

I like Ryder, but even he knows his gimmick doesn't seem to be working that well anymore. He doesn't need to completely change it, but I would like to see him a little more aggressive. Did you see the video a couple of weeks ago where he was dreaming of a heel turn? He was awesome in that video. Plus, anytime I've ever seen an episode of Jersey Shore, the guys seem like d-bags. There's no reason Ryder can't be an aggressive, d-bag, Jersey Shore type character.
    By His scars, we are healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Now I know that Ryder isn't exactly the greatest in the ring, but the guy SELLS. Seriously this man is a perenial jobber and he is still in the top five of merchandising sales, almost has a million twitter followers, started the WWE social media trend, and has a cult like following. Is his gimmick cheesy? Of course, but lets not forget John Cena was once the Doctor of Thuganomics, Stone Cold was once the ring master, HHH was once Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and the Rock was Rocky Mavia. All of these guys started with cheesy gimmicks, but then evolved into the main eventers that we see today. Hell Ziggler was in the Spirit Squad for christ's sake. I think the WWE should start pushing Ryder because he could definitely be a number two face if not the face of the company.
    Off Topic: have they ever referenced dolph ziggler being part of the spirit squad?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    Off Topic: have they ever referenced dolph ziggler being part of the spirit squad?
    Matt Striker referred to it a while back.

I hope he gets a new gimmick, he deserves a chance in the main event, he's better than half the roster.

I think part of the problem with Ryder's gimmick, and I'm a big fan of his, is the fact it's too contrived. All the Woo Woo Wooing and throwing up the L I seem too forced and I think it's Ryder trying to stay in character that throws off his on TV performance. Z!TLIS might me scripted and rehearsed for ages each show for all I know but he always comes across better than any time he's on TV.

I do think Ryder has the potential to be a long term player in WWE, his ring work is solid enough and improving. He is massively over still and knows how to attract fans of all ages. I agree a heel turn might be a short term answer but I think a repackaging of his gimmick, maybe teaming with Hawkins again on a heel run, would work wonders.

Divas to believe in.

I agree that he should be teamed up with Hawkins. While Kane & Daniel Bryan are doing a good job as tag team champions and Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara are a good team, these upper card guys can't carry the tag division forever. Ryder & Hawkins would be a great pairing to center the tag division around once all the main eventers go back to singles competition. They could be like two pretty boy heart throb faces like Edge & Christian or the Hardy Boyz back in the Attitude Era. Both of them are young, they're only 27. Let them be a team, and maybe get the occasional singles push (while staying together and in each other's orbit), but don't have them drift apart completely until one or both of them are actually READY to be in the main event.

Zack Ryder is talented but I don't like his gimmick and his idiotic attitude in the ring.

WWE should have turn him heel and put him with Mahal, McIntyre & Slater
    Respect the beard !

I'm not a Ryder fan, he can make me laugh sometimes but that's it really.. though I'm sure many of his fans would love too see him used better, surly it's good just seeing him get used? right?

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Funny all internet fans expect instant stars. You have to eat a lot of crap before going any where in that company. Look at Kane and all the stupid gimmicks he had to do before becoming Kane and a big star.