Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Samoa Joe vs Magnus is a step in the right direction for the TV title

The thread title says it all. Samoa Joe vs Magnus for the TV title at Bound For Glory is a great thing for the TV title. We will finally see a credible feud for the TV title with Samoa Joe vs Manus. This will be another solid match at Bound For Glory. It's matches like these that gives the mid-card titles prestige. I'm hoping we see more credible feuds for the TV title. Also, I'm happy Samoa Joe is the TV champion right now and finally has some singles gold around his waist this year.

Your thoughts on this match?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

While I agree, I can't help but feel a little sad as I was hoping BFG would be a breakout night for Magnus with Joe putting him over, but since Joe only just got the title I don't see it happening that said though, this is not just a step but a leap in the right direction for the TV title.

Blog Entries
    Both Joe and Magnus have had an incredible 2012, I'm not going to say this match will steal the show at Bound For Glory but I think its going to be one that I personally like best, just because Magnus is some of the best britain has to offer right now (Not Necessarily Ring wise although he has come on so far with in ring work, that I could see him being a credible Main Eventer) But he also has that "Superstar" factor.

As it pertains to the TNA TV Title, I hope this signals a new direction for the belt, and a TV Title division if you will can be built around these two, containing the likes of Gunner, Mr Anderson, Garrett Bischoff, Kazarian ect.
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...

Finally some meaning brought into the TV title, I can't wait for this match one I am looking for.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

I love Joe as champ and the TV title being defended at BFG. However I wouldn't mind seeing it get a name change because I feel a TV title should be defended every TV show. Anyone else feel the title needs a name change? Sorry if this question leads people off topic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I love Joe as champ and the TV title being defended at BFG. However I wouldn't mind seeing it get a name change because I feel a TV title should be defended every TV show. Anyone else feel the title needs a name change? Sorry if this question leads people off topic.
    I thought they should have stuck with it being called the Global title. I thought that was a pretty fitting name for it. Renaming it again as the TV title wasn't really needed in my opinion. I honestly think they should change the design of the title completely because I still look at it as the Legends title. A reboot on the TV title would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by eboy View Post
    Both Joe and Magnus have had an incredible 2012, I'm not going to say this match will steal the show at Bound For Glory but I think its going to be one that I personally like best, just because Magnus is some of the best britain has to offer right now (Not Necessarily Ring wise although he has come on so far with in ring work, that I could see him being a credible Main Eventer) But he also has that "Superstar" factor.

As it pertains to the TNA TV Title, I hope this signals a new direction for the belt, and a TV Title division if you will can be built around these two, containing the likes of Gunner, Mr Anderson, Garrett Bischoff, Kazarian ect.
    Agreed. Hopefully they'll build a solid division for the TV title. I would love to see some credible feuds under the TV title.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Yeah its a good match alright and yeah its a great step in the right direction i am just glad it wasn't Garrett getting the match!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Yeah its a good match alright and yeah its a great step in the right direction i am just glad it wasn't Garrett getting the match!!
    I think you just spoke for about 99.9% of wrestling fans on that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully they'll build a solid division for the TV title. I would love to see some credible feuds under the TV title.
    I'd like to see a TV Champion going on to becoming a World Champion rather than World Champions going on to become TV Champions. *Cough* Magnus *Cough*.
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...

The every week rule is killing the TV title. Switch it to every 14 days or it has to be defended on TV once a month. Give some time for a feud to build up. Regardless of the belt, should be a great match. Glad to see that Magnus is being used.