Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Exclamation UFC on FX 5: Results/Standings!

What started out as a 12 fight card last night ended up a 10 fight card. Both the Yves Edwards vs. Jeremy Stephens & the Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares fights were cancelled. The Hallman/Tavares fight was cancelled due to Hallman not being able to make weight. As a result Hallman was terminated by the UFC and sent home with his final paycheck of $60,000.00 USD. Also in what seems to be a terrible mess/headache right now for UFC Boss Dana White was the unfortunate incarceration of Jeremy Stephens on a no bond warrant for an incident that happened in 2011. Dana believes that Stephens is innocent of the charges and tried to get him out in time for the fight. It didn't happen and neither did the fight, as a result this contest is now worth 210 pts with the scrapping of both of the above mentioned fights. Now on to last night's fight results:

MAIN CARD

* Antonio Silva def. Travis Browne via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:27

* Jake Ellenberger def. Jay Hieron via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* John Dodson def. Jussier Formiga via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 4:35

* Justin Edwards def. Josh Neer via technical submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 0:45

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Michael Johnson def. Danny Castillo via knockout (punches) - Round 2, 1:06

* Mike Pierce def. Aaron Simpson via knockout (punch) - Round 2, 0:29

* Marcus LeVesseur def. Carlo Prater via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

* Jacob Volkmann def. Shane Roller via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 2:38

* Diego Nunes def. Bart Palaszewski via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)

* Darren Uyenoyama def. Phil Harris via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 3:38

-------------------------

UFC on FX 5: Standings

* trips = 137 pts
    * Dr. Death = 119 pts
    * cy1911 = 117 pts
    * akbar = 109 pts
    * FLWWEFan = 105 pts
    * Robstar = 36 pts

-------------------------

Overall Standings

01. Dr. Death = 1596 pts
    02. trips = 1425 pts
    03. VanHooliganX = 1096 pts
    04. Robstar = 869 pts
    05. akbar = 826 pts
    06. magglis = 788 pts
    07. FLWWEFan = 442 pts
    08. cy1911 = 332 pts
    09. Zilvis = 142 pts
    10. MattY2JHBK = 116 pts
    11. Jed I Knight = 103 pts
    12. Automatic = 97 pts

Congratulations goes to trips for the win! Rob man, what happened? akbar takes over #5 slot, while magglis drops to the #6 slot. Van stays at #3 and forgot to play this one. The next contest will be for UFC 153 taking place on Saturday, October 13, 2012.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    hahahahhahahahahahhahahaha 36!! A man got 36 LOL

And the comeback resumes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    hahahahhahahahahahhahahaha 36!! A man got 36 LOL

And the comeback resumes
    Has anyone seen Robstar yet today? He did say he was doing bad last night, but I didn't think it was this bad. Your moving up in the world akbar, now your only 43 pts behind Robstar in the Overall contest.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Lol, it was pretty shocking but I'm not that surprised or unhappy about it. It's an educated guessing game after all (though for Akbar, remove the "educated"). So Akbar, how many cards have YOU done now? lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Lol, it was pretty shocking but I'm not that surprised or unhappy about it. It's an educated guessing game after all (though for Akbar, remove the "educated"). So Akbar, how many cards have YOU done now? lol
    I'm pretty sure you've participated in more of these UFC prediction contests more than me?

Blog Entries
    Yeah so I checked and you've been in one more prediction then I have so maybe now you won't make excuses when I catch up to your upside down ass.