Hybrid View

Man City in the champions league

I'm interested to hear from the football (soccer ) fan's on there thoughts on Manchester City In the Champions league. I predicted at the start of the season that if man city wanted to get through they had to win these games - Ajax (home and away ) Dortmund ( home) and then also draw with Dortmund away.

City have already drawn with Dortmund at home , a match which I feel they needed to win. My question is why are city under preforming ?

IMO it's for a few reason's . 1. there weak in defense Lescott is good but he isn't champions league quality. I don't think City are prefect at full backs especially Right back.
    2. There mid field is slightly lacking They have a lot of good players but if they don't all preform well it just doesn't click. Toure can't do it by himself he needs' Silva, Garcia and Nasiri playing world class to make in click.
    3. There not cautious enough.

So what do you think city are doing wrong....or right ? and where do you think they will finish in the Champions league this season. I think city will finish third in there group myself
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    The Champions league campaign will be the reason for Mancini to get fired this season, I reckon.

Blog Entries
    I don't think they'll get out of their group either. I think 3rd is what they'll get and it's Europa League for them.

I agree that Lescott isn't a world class centre back.
    At full back, they just need to stop chopping and changing. Zabaletta is their best right back, so they need to play him there regular. Maicon has shown that he's well past his best thus far. At left back, it depends really what formation they're playing. If they're playing 3 at the back with wing backs, then Kolarov is your man, Clichy is the best option for a flat back 4.
    In midfield, Toure's a one man band at the moment. They didn't strengthen enough in that department over the summer and they're paying for that now. Nasri isn't consistent, Garcia's been so-so, Silva seems to have good spells followed by a quiet period. Toure is left to run things on his own, which is near impossible.

I don't think City will retain their PL title and I don't think they're getting out of their CL group.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Man City haven't started particularly well. I feel they were unlucky to lose against Madrid, and pretty lucky to get the draw against Dortmund. That's not the kind of form that wins, but I think they still have enough in them to get out of that group. You have to remember that this is only their second ever Champions League campaign therefore are still adapting.

No doubt city are world class but to win the champions league they need players closer to the class of hart, kompany , toure , silva and aguero. I think Barry, Milner, lescott, rodwell, Sinclair, nasari while good players are not up to that standard. Maicon was such a waste as well. I think we will see a lot more of Garcia in the future when he gets used to the prem and balotelli once (IF) he matures
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    No doubt city are world class but to win the champions league they need players closer to the class of hart, kompany , toure , silva and aguero. I think Barry, Milner, lescott, rodwell, Sinclair, nasari while good players are not up to that standard. Maicon was such a waste as well. I think we will see a lot more of Garcia in the future when he gets used to the prem and balotelli once (IF) he matures
    Exactly, Barry is one of the most overrated players around, Milner is good, but again I think many overrate him. Words fail me as to why City bought Sinclair and Rodwell. Neither are going to be regulars for City in the long term.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    The Champions league campaign will be the reason for Mancini to get fired this season, I reckon.

Ajax are going to win against City in the CL and we're all gonna wave City goodbye in Europe
    ‚Äč