Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Austin Aries should not turn heel

Look I love Aries as both a heel and a face, but TNA needs a star for the future and Double A should be that guy. I'm not saying turn Jeff Hardy heel, but why can't you have a face vs a face? Remember back when Undertaker vs Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship? WWE kept them both faces because WWE realized Batista's marketability and Undertaker's as well. TNA should keep both face and then if Aries win it could start a Hardy passing the torch storyline and if Hardy wins it could start a storyline with Aries pushing himself to the limit to get on Hardy's level. TNA needs to keep Aries face in my opinion.

I think TNA should do what TNA wants to do.
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC

Blog Entries
    a double will be marketable either way IMO. worst case scenario wait a while and turn him back into a face.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Aries is much better as a heel IMO. Not saying he's bad as a face, but he plays a heel excellently well.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Aries is much better as a heel IMO. Not saying he's bad as a face, but he plays a heel excellently well.
    most good superstars are more entertaining as heels IMO.
    #BeJelly

Austin Aries should stay as a Face not Heel. The only Hell I like in TNA so far are: Magnus, Bully Ray (Yes in that order). If Morgan is part of Aces and Eights then he will be added to it.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

I would prefer to see Jeff turn heel and return as the Anti-Christ gimmick i really liked it and it never got to go its full length.

Is it just me or this slow AA heel turn because Hardy is the golden boy reminds anyone else of the current CM Punk John Cena of about 3 months or so? I know wrestling is recycled storylines, but I don't recall ever seeing it happen at basically the same time. Sorry if this is a little off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Is it just me or this slow AA heel turn because Hardy is the golden boy reminds anyone else of the current CM Punk John Cena of about 3 months or so? I know wrestling is recycled storylines, but I don't recall ever seeing it happen at basically the same time. Sorry if this is a little off topic.

I can see your point (A Double saying he wants what Jeff has / Punk jealous of Cena's "spot") but the tie in dies there. I see this more as A Double gives respect to what Jeff has in the fan loyalty and claiming that's what he is after; the loyal following that transcends companies. I like the idea of the Face vs. Face angle. Hardy is the top fan favorite but Aries has his following and it appears to be growing, limited only by TNA not producing merch for the man quick enough. If they continue A Double staying on course, the two can put on matches entertaining enough to get Aries over. This is perhaps a situation in which both Face wrestlers can actually help each other in the program without shifting one to the other side. Aries putting on matches that help to hide Hardy's flaws can re-assure that Hardy has changed and is still able to perform at a top level in the main event. Aries gets the rub of being in one of the highest profile angles possible, and win the fans over further by hosting great matches with their "leader" so to speak.

You remember how the E Universe was gearing for a split crowd between Rock and Cena? I actually think that the talent Aries has, mixed with the admiration the crowd has for Hardy can actually result in this being a pure split crowd in which fans not only cheer for both wrestlers, but also are satisfied regardless of who wins. Is this what TNA will do? I cannot say, but I will close with saying that a Face vs. Face with these two can work due to the talent and following that is there. If done well (creative wise), this could be beneficial for both involved for sure and will definitely generate revenue. I didn't want Hardy to win the series, but I understand why TNA allowed it. Business wise (Hardy contract, popularity, ability of the two) it is the right move and if TNA was smart, they would make this program last longer than just the 1 off defenses that Roode had in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    The problem with turning AA heel is that there are no 'new' top faces in the company. Only Storm has come forward as a top face in the past 12 months. This would leave Angle, AJ, Hardy and Storm as the only faces. The problem? 2 of these are formaer WWE stars, Angle esp is in his twighlight.

Joe & Anderson are tweeners, Parks/Abyss MIA, Hernandez and Guerrero are an unknown quantity.

AA can handle either being a face or heel. I'm just not convinced that TNA would have the right balance if he went to the dark side.