Summer of Punk 3 out of the last 4 years?

I notice a trend of CM Punk always being a major focal point in the WWE during the summer, having a major feud with Jeff Hardy in 2009, John Cena in 2011, and John Cena, The Rock, and The Big Show this year. 2010 he would be involved in a feud with the Big Show throughout the Summer until October when he was inserted into the Nexus. I feel for some reason CM Punk has been a wrestler that WWE has tried to really push into the megastar he is today, and have been trying to get him over in major feuds with some of the top stars in the business, which I thought was rare since WWE rarely push former independent talent in when they do they are not constantly pushed to the top like CM Punk has. (Examples Kaval, Scotty Goldman) I like that CM Punk is always the main focus in the Summer has he seems to have the most memorable feuds of the year around that time (My favorite his rivalry with Jeff Hardy), and I hope they continue the trend in 2013.

What do you guys think about CM Punk constantly being pushed, and being the top star during the summer every year. Do you want it continue next year? Thoughts?

You forgot about ROH's Summer of Punk (2005) lol

"Victims.. Aren't we all ?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSebangGuy View Post
    You forgot about ROH's Summer of Punk (2005) lol
    Because he's talking about the last 3/4 WWE summers lol.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

In my humble opinion that is not such a good thing. I like punk as far as his all around skill in the ring goes but I don't consider him "top" status. However, he is a good go-to guy. That said, there is a serious lack of star power so I guess going to punk for 3 out of 4 summers isn't so bad. I admire his success but I don't see "it". I hope the main focus of next summer is cesaro or Barrett. Cesaro is a beast, I just don't like the finisher.
    Send us someone, just don't send anyone you want back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpack View Post
    In my humble opinion that is not such a good thing. I like punk as far as his all around skill in the ring goes but I don't consider him "top" status. However, he is a good go-to guy. That said, there is a serious lack of star power so I guess going to punk for 3 out of 4 summers isn't so bad. I admire his success but I don't see "it". I hope the main focus of next summer is cesaro or Barrett. Cesaro is a beast, I just don't like the finisher.
    While I like Cesaro in the ring, I'm yet to see if he can talk.
    Right now, to me he's just a good wrestler, I'm not yet convinced he can be a top guy in WWE.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Right now, to me he's just a good wrestler, I'm not yet convinced he can be a top guy in WWE.
    I actually agree, I don't see it yet neither. But timing is key.
    Send us someone, just don't send anyone you want back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Tommy..he has no need to talk. He has an awesome shoulder pump. Kidding but I dont know about being a top guy. I see him as being a top mid carder. But not a top guy just yet.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpack View Post
    I dont think it's a good thing either. Yes CM PUnk is awesome. He was getting very stale and they had him change up his gimmick which is awesome so far (the stare down with a 9 year old fan on Raw, not giving the toddler a high five while reeling the kid in to attempt one..that's the PG version of epic). but summer after summer of the same person would be pretty boring after a while. Dont get me wrong Cena is usually the mainevent of any PPV or time period, fuck what season it is, but I dont want to see Punk turn into that. Let him be a star but also let him be able to back off at times and still shine..like what Randy is doing now (before filming).
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....

who else would they feature?

cena & orton already have their place in the company.

if punk were to get seriously injured, wwe would be is SERIOUS trouble.

sheamus has been a failure as champion, regardless of how strong they book him.

miz had his shot 2 years ago, cannot carry a show.

bryan is great, but he is currently bringing back the tag division almost single handedly. ironic.

they obviously do not have confidence in ziggler carrying a show, yet.

sandow is not ready, neither is cody, neither is cesaro.

show is old, lesner does what he wants, taker and trips do their thing but their time has passed.

kane as never been a true main event guy.

ryder blows.

seriously...who else is there other than punk?

this roster is the worst i have ever seen, and i have been watching for 20 years now...

Can't complain i enjoyed all of them!!