Threaded View

Summer of Punk 3 out of the last 4 years?

I notice a trend of CM Punk always being a major focal point in the WWE during the summer, having a major feud with Jeff Hardy in 2009, John Cena in 2011, and John Cena, The Rock, and The Big Show this year. 2010 he would be involved in a feud with the Big Show throughout the Summer until October when he was inserted into the Nexus. I feel for some reason CM Punk has been a wrestler that WWE has tried to really push into the megastar he is today, and have been trying to get him over in major feuds with some of the top stars in the business, which I thought was rare since WWE rarely push former independent talent in when they do they are not constantly pushed to the top like CM Punk has. (Examples Kaval, Scotty Goldman) I like that CM Punk is always the main focus in the Summer has he seems to have the most memorable feuds of the year around that time (My favorite his rivalry with Jeff Hardy), and I hope they continue the trend in 2013.

What do you guys think about CM Punk constantly being pushed, and being the top star during the summer every year. Do you want it continue next year? Thoughts?