Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    One question about football, from a guy who has barely an idea about it (that's why I ask!):

Is football getting higher rates than normal due to all the ref controversy? I mean, a couple of bad calls in favor of the weaker team can get them a shocking win, and people may be interested in that.

Or is the NFL doing as usual?

I'll try to throw my two cents from the issues about WWE later, I need a bit of sleep. But I needed to ask that, it was on my mind and had to get out.
    I don't watch sports of any kind. I find it to be absolutely boring and pointless, and the concept of people getting paid millions to catch and throw a ball around, or kick a ball around, or whatever, where that money could be much better spent somewhere else is just appalling to me(granted you can shove wrestling in that category, but the amount of wrestlers making big money like that is severely limited)... and then people have the gall to whine and complain and go on strike because they aren't getting paid enough to do what I consider jack fucking shit while most teachers for just one example don't make a lot of money, yet they mold and shape entire generations of people.

And that's my tangent for the evening... ahem. Naw, I don't think the ref thing is drawing more people to watch, unless people that used to watch it and don't anymore are tuning in for a laugh. You'd have to know and understand football to get why they're making bad calls. If you have a flamboyant guy playing and he's entertaining the crowd and playing a good game all at the same time... well you don't need to know anything about football to appreciate that.
    Last edited by Viperfish; 10-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar83 View Post
    What Vince needs to do is create another John Cena. Look how WWE got big... Hulk Hogan ----> Stone Cold ----> The Rock and now John Cena.....Vince knows as we all know that Cena will not be in WWE Forever
    But Cena is still around. And the numbers are still going down. How is creating another one of him going to fix anything?

Regardless, the live numbers are only a portion of the picture. People need to quit fixating on them so much and acting like they represent the same thing that they did in '97. The way the world consumes its media and entertainment is completely different nowadays.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    But Cena is still around. And the numbers are still going down. How is creating another one of him going to fix anything?

Regardless, the live numbers are only a portion of the picture. People need to quit fixating on them so much and acting like they represent the same thing that they did in '97. The way the world consumes its media and entertainment is completely different nowadays.
    That's why I'm interested in DVR numbers for this week. Game sales charts were the same way. For awhile digital sales were not included in sales figures, which was ridiculous at the time because digital distribution was growing at a freakish rate. The Nielsen ratings still work well for certain things like sports, I don't think a lot of people enjoy watching sports a day later... but wrestling on the internet has been huge for a long time now. I mean Jesus, WWE's gung-ho about the internet.

I recently said i was finished posting anything on these threads cause i got a bit pissed off but i have other things going on aswell.

But...what i see is there is no competiton anymore, titles don't mean a thing, the WRESTLING which is what WWE is suppose to be about is nothing more than a soap opera and the wrestling part of the show is watered down big time. No ranking systems, no tournaments until lately with the tag titles. The show has no meaning anymore, their all over the map and nothing makes any sense anymore. Look at NXT, it's a throw back to the way wrestling use to be, no big lights, no big crowds, less special affects and soap opera bullshit. People are buying into the NXT product because its focus is on the wresting.
    Last edited by tweedidldum; 10-02-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    That's why I'm interested in DVR numbers for this week. Game sales charts were the same way. For awhile digital sales were not included in sales figures, which was ridiculous at the time because digital distribution was growing at a freakish rate. The Nielsen ratings still work well for certain things like sports, I don't think a lot of people enjoy watching sports a day later... but wrestling on the internet has been huge for a long time now. I mean Jesus, WWE's gung-ho about the internet.
    Exactly. And even if there are less eyes on RAW, none of us have any idea what the trade-off is between the decrease in television advertising revenue and the increase in web-traffic and resultant online advertising.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

i stopped watching regularly a few years ago occasionally i will watch a ppv but it does not feel like a big event feels more like a b-show
    wwe have not spent time building top guys dont need blood and controversy to put on a good show the stories suck something is just not right with wwe cant put my finger on it

All that has been happening of late in wwe is not coming from Vince. On tonight WZR radio idk how many here listened in but HHH and Steph have alot of power in the company now, alot what seems is alot of the old Agents are booking things like they where years ago. As we are seeing alot of matches go like the did long before i watched wrestling.

I always had a lil theory i did alot of looking into alot of how video games where made way back in the day. Back in them 16 bit and lower days. Ppl had to really be creative in eveything they did to help the buyers feel what they where trying to get you to feel in there games with a limited amount that they could do in those times. WWE is now in a pg era where they are limited in what they can do for ratings. No longer can they fall back on Divas running half naked all the time or brutal matches with blood everywhere and the works. WWE has to be even more creative with everything they do since they have limited themselves with the rating of PG, and they are not doing that.

There are too many ppl high up that are stuck in old ways and high on themselves and look out for there kids in the company. None seem to be in touch with what ppl want to see. Was said toinght that someone came up with the idea of Cryme Tyme Vs Prime Time. And someone in the higher ups said no one wanted to see that well danm well we would all love to see those 2 teams be let loose on each other. There needs to be a different way of thinking from booking and many other areas.

Millions of Dollars! Millions of Dollars! Millions of Dollars!

heres the thing, when it comes to cable t.v now there are no restrictions anymore, look at the ( family guy ) thats a cartoon for christ sake. When the attitude era was in full effect there were still a lot of restrictions on cable tv and WWF at that time were breaking ground with contraversial shows.

WWE now and days really needs to pull a rabbit out of their ass in order to gain viewers again. There are no limits on cable anymore, swearing around every corner on sitcom shows ( mild swearing ) reality tv shows are more contraversial than wwe programing even.
    Its not going to be easy for the wwe to work around this whole pg thing unless they drop it completely and go back to what worked.

About 6 months ago I started watching Raw live instead of DVR but I've found in the last few weeks I'm only watching the first hour or so, if that. Part of the problem is that there's so much filler in the 3 hours that I'm getting bored.
    On Monday night the opening promo lasted about 20 minutes and came immediately after a recap of last weeks raw and included at least 2 video sequences as well. Do we really need reminding what happened last week 3 times in one segment? Why can't the people in the ring convey that?
    It's endless repeats of what happened last week, what happened on Smackdown, what happened earlier tonight, what happened before the break that get me reaching for the remote even before you consider fast-forward time for Ryback squashes, Barrett squashes, Ryder being squashed and ad breaks.

WWE is in the position now where they have Slam for the kids and Superstars for people who only want a couple of matches, they should be filling Raw with 7 min+ matches and allowing Cole and whoever to remind us what happened last week. They should be pushing the Divas as much as they are the tag division and they should establish some sort of hierarchy for championship contenders. As Punk said on Monday, Cena came up short at NOC so he should be at the back of the line now, not getting another shot right away. The same goes for Del Rio. The roster should be jostling for position constantly and not just repeatedly showing us the same match over and over.

Football will be a factor but there's only one game on a Monday that clashes which should mean they only lose fans of either team on any given week, it's not as if every football fan watches every Monday night game.

Divas to believe in.

bring back the tv-14