Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 57 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Its hard to tell sarcasm when being mesmorized by Ape's signature. Has there ever been a bigger turn on?
    One or too not many.

Blog Entries
    No, but I think it's bit rash to compare Ryback to Undertaker and Batista. Also like I pointed out earlier that both the Undertaker and Batista that they could hit their finishers on all their opponents before switching to a secondary finisher.
    I'm in no way shape or form comparing Ryback to Undertaker or Batista. I wouldn't dare.

I'm just using both as examples of guys that used more than one finisher, I could be here all day naming every superstar that has more than one finisher, but I just picked a couple of the more well known ones off the top of my head. apologies if it seemed that I was comparing Ryback to those guys.

The fact that Batista or Taker could hit their finishers on all opponents is irrelevant. The fact is Ryback can't (or supposedly can't), and if you think that that is going to stop his push, then that's not the case IMO, it's just a case of him using a different finisher. And by that I don't mean necessarily adding another finisher, but just changing his current one.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

As long as I chant "Goldberg" then I really dont care.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'm in no way shape or form comparing Ryback to Undertaker or Batista. I wouldn't dare.

I'm just using both as examples of guys that used more than one finisher, I could be here all day naming every superstar that has more than one finisher, but I just picked a couple of the more well known ones off the top of my head. apologies if it seemed that I was comparing Ryback to those guys.

The fact that Batista or Taker could hit their finishers on all opponents is irrelevant. The fact is Ryback can't (or supposedly can't), and if you think that that is going to stop his push, then that's not the case IMO, it's just a case of him using a different finisher. And by that I don't mean necessarily adding another finisher, but just changing his current one.
    The difference I feel with Ryback is that his gimmick is based off of this I'm going to over power and destroy everyone. It's hard to come off as this power house monster when you can't hit your finisher on everyone. That's why I'm bringing this up because as of right now Ryback is only what you see in front of you because we have yet to see a promo from this guy. So now with his impending first loss, to CM Punk, and with the past couple of weeks of not being able to hit Shellshock on people makes it hard to buy into his gimmick. Goldberg was able to hit the Jackhammer on everyone and with Ryback failing twice, once on national TV, I am simply asking the question that if he fails again on national TV will we start to see his decline.

I've seen CM Punk struggle with the GTS before. Same as Kane, Big Show, and Taker barely getting guys up for the chokeslam. I don't think it'll hurt him. They wrestle so much, they're bound to botch finishes a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret Owen Smith View Post
    I've seen CM Punk struggle with the GTS before. Same as Kane, Big Show, and Taker barely getting guys up for the chokeslam. I don't think it'll hurt him. They wrestle so much, they're bound to botch finishes a couple times.
    But they still manage to get the move off. Ryback isn't even able to get the move off. A sloppily done move is ten times better then a move you couldn't even perform. It makes Ryback look weak and hurts his gimmick, which is all he is at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycsp_vCqYRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasrhoHbUw8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWvA6pswAOA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N97o8gjIrU4

It happens. Even with the power guys. We've seen him Shell shock enough guys (sometimes more than 1 at a time) to know he can do it. It was just a bad night for him, or maybe Tensai wasn't helping much. I don't think it hurts him. We know he's human. And the kids will forget all about it when they see him Shell Shock the next guy.

Blog Entries
    The difference I feel with Ryback is that his gimmick is based off of this I'm going to over power and destroy everyone. It's hard to come off as this power house monster when you can't hit your finisher on everyone. That's why I'm bringing this up because as of right now Ryback is only what you see in front of you because we have yet to see a promo from this guy. So now with his impending first loss, to CM Punk, and with the past couple of weeks of not being able to hit Shellshock on people makes it hard to buy into his gimmick. Goldberg was able to hit the Jackhammer on everyone and with Ryback failing twice, once on national TV, I am simply asking the question that if he fails again on national TV will we start to see his decline.
    And like I said, I don't think that will be the case.

As far as I know, he's failed to hit shellshock on 2 guys; Tensai and Paul Heyman. He's done it to Tensai once before, the one on Raw, after watching the video, Tensai quite clearly sandbagged him to me. Plus, we now he can hit it on 2 200lbs jobbers so that should mean that he can pick up a 360lbs guy like Tensai no problem. The fact that he can't do it to Heyman is not even worth mentioning, since he's never going to have to face Heyman in a match.
    Like I said, if there's any major concern, give him another finisher or a new one, and your problem's solved.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

ok guys, people Keep Saying HE botched his finisher. Reality check time, a finisher like Shellshock needs both people to be in Sync. if HE botched ( the move was flawed and it was HIS fault) someone else would be in the position he's in, he's too new to survive that. If Tensai botched, we'd see him in more low card matches losing more often... what it looked like to me, is tensai was a tad off his mark making Ryback have to lean too far out. Tensai did not push up as much as he should ( you could see him hopping on one foot but it kept going back and to the side rather than up) was it intentional (sandbagging) don't know, but i do know tensai has been mentioned by commentary but has not been a player in the punk / ryback mix. Just my few thoughts.
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    ok guys, people Keep Saying HE botched his finisher. Reality check time, a finisher like Shellshock needs both people to be in Sync. if HE botched ( the move was flawed and it was HIS fault) someone else would be in the position he's in, he's too new to survive that. If Tensai botched, we'd see him in more low card matches losing more often... what it looked like to me, is tensai was a tad off his mark making Ryback have to lean too far out. Tensai did not push up as much as he should ( you could see him hopping on one foot but it kept going back and to the side rather than up) was it intentional (sandbagging) don't know, but i do know tensai has been mentioned by commentary but has not been a player in the punk / ryback mix. Just my few thoughts.
    True but the OP said Paul Heyman and while he's a bit doughy around the middle, he's no Tensai and I doubt Heyman sandbagged him.

Have these rumours been corroborated anyway?