Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I'm sort of bewildered by some of the responses to this. What exactly has Ryback done to show that he has main event potential? Naff all. All he's done is show how strong he is.

The WWE could book me to win every match from now until the end of the decade, and it still wouldn't make me main event material.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    The WWE could book me to win every match from now until the end of the decade, and it still wouldn't make me main event material.
    It is if you're marketable and have a larger than life persona. Ryback has both.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydropkicks View Post
    Think they were just testing the waters. Isn't it a bit early to just shove Ryback in a match with CM Punk? Gotta fatten Punk up first.
    Ryback will be doin' the fattening up on Punk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    It is if you're marketable and have a larger than life persona. Ryback has both.
    What persona? He throws a couple of guys around the ring and shouts "feed me more." He doesn't even say please. He's, essentially, what Oliver Twist would have been like if he was a bit more ballsy.

To main event, you need excellent mic skills, an interesting character/gimmick/personality and occasionally wrestle a match that lasts longer than 5 minutes.

Ryback's character has plenty of room for development, but based on what is being displayed right now, he is not main event material.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    What persona? He throws a couple of guys around the ring and shouts "feed me more." He doesn't even say please. He's, essentially, what Oliver Twist would have been like if he was a bit more ballsy.
    That's sort of the whole point of his persona. Hes an ass-kicking machine who lets his fancy talking speak through action. That's what got Brock Lesnar and Goldberg over.

To main event, you need excellent mic skills, an interesting character/gimmick/personality and occasionally wrestle a match that lasts longer than 5 minutes.
    Actually, you have to be easily marketable to the masses and booked like your persona. A character like Ryback shouldn't be cutting promos and wrestling technical matches that are longer than 5 minutes because his gimmick is all about taking someone's head off. That's why his gimmick is something that can be easily marketed.

Ryback's character has plenty of room for development, but based on what is being displayed right now, he is not main event material.
    Of course he isn't main event material just yet but there is no reason he shouldn't be tested as one just to see how well he does in big main event matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Lesnar vs Ryback...anyone else want to see this feud?

With what happened on Raw between Punk/Ryback it had me thinking that possibly when Lensar comes back he will feud with Ryback. Would make for a great feud and would help Ryback to get into the bigger picture. Certainly a feud that has a ton of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    With what happened on Raw between Punk/Ryback it had me thinking that possibly when Lensar comes back he will feud with Ryback. Would make for a great feud and would help Ryback to get into the bigger picture. Certainly a feud that has a ton of potential.
    Personally, I don't wanna see it.
    He's already feuded with John Cena & Triple H.

I'm thinking Brock Lesnar VS Randy Orton at Survivor Series.
    Sheamus VS Brock Lesnar is another feud.
    CM Punk VS Brock Lesnar.
    And The Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar. Perhaps, The Rock VS Brock Lesnar.

I like the concept of using one of brocks matches to push a mid carder. Give someone a good rub. Honestly i dont think ryback needs it. Hes going to be pushed to the moon here shortly and with brocks style, it will wind up making him look weak. Its tough booking brock to push a younger star though because the whole world knows that no one could legitimatly beat him. Itd be unbelievable to think, say, cody rhodes to go over on him. Its a tough call to make but honestly while id like to see brock give the rub to a mid carder and even though i think a brock/ryback match could be entertaining, im 100% positive that all of brocks matches will be against marquee opponents. And im calling brock vs taker at mania now.

I don't and I'm sure this will never happens.......fortunately

I suppose I'd be up to seeing it, but rather see him face some other guys first.