View Poll Results: Is Randy Orton underrated?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 26.47%
  • No

25 73.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Randy Orton Underrated?

Okay this is random, but I noticed Randy Orton is a 9 time world Champion, has main evented wrestlemania and has even retained his title from Cena and triple h at Wrestlemania 24. But for most of Randy Orton's career he has been called bland, that his promo skills are lacking, and that he didn't deserve his main event spot. I think he got the most hate when he beat Christian for the World Title on the Smackdown after Extreme Rules. Though I felt it was a horrible decision his match with Christian was great. And in turn him and Christian had what I felt was the best feud of 2011, as I felt there matches were all 4 star matches. Long story short I feel Randy Orton is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE as he has had some of the greatest matches in the last few years with the likes of CM Punk at Wrestlemania 25, Dolph Ziggler at Night of Champions, and Christian at various ppvs in 2011. I feel Randy Orton is a little underrated by the WWE as his in-ring skills and his timing in his matches are excellent, his promo skills have gotten better, and he gets one of the best reactions in the WWE right now.. And I look forward to his 10th reign as a World Champion.

Thoughts on Randy Orton? Is he underrated?

Blog Entries
    As far as in-ring ability goes, Randy Orton's sound. In fact I'd even go as far as saying that he's underrated in the ring by some.
    On the mic, as a face he is very bland. As a heel, he's much more tolerable, but again, he's not amongst the best ever on that side of things either.

Overall, I don't think he's overrated or underrated.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Not been a big of a fan of Randy's for a long time now....he was my fav in WWE for years, but gotten stale.

Was a fan myself in his heel days.

Orton's biggest asset (currently) is his face. Personally, I'm bored by Randy but the ladies love him and they're probably the one's cheering for him at the shows. I think he's better as a heel. This tweener thing is boring the living hell out of me now. His mic skills are fine. It's his current character that makes him bland. He has to talk like he has no emotion because that's his character and since he's been running with it for so long, it's gotten boring. He needs a refresher.

As for if he's underrated, I don't think so. He works almost as hard as Cena does as he's one almost every show. I don't mind him being in the main event. However, I wish he would step back a bit, let somebody else have the light for a bit, and then come back with something new.
    I want to know who looked at David Otunga and said "You know something? This guy's good." They deserve to be fired.

His in ring work is great. Its his mic work that he is't so good at, he might as well form a tag team with Heath Slater

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

Orton needs to start a faction again or join one.....Nuff said!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedidldum View Post
    Orton needs to start a faction again or join one.....Nuff said!!!
    (R)Evolution?

He has been around too long and won too many championships to be considered underrated. He has nothing left to prove now. he is just going to be put in recycled feuds with Sheamus, Barrett, and Del Rio, and probably Ziggler and Rhodes. Already happened.

imo his new gimmick sucks he shuda sticked with the legend killer one,that gimmick was awesome and entretaining