Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Take away the king gimmick that they seem to insist on doing and doing and doing after every KOTR winner that's crowned and I'm all for seeing KOTR back as a ppv or a special Raw/Smackdown.
    Also, I hope if they do it again that they don't do a washed down version of it like they did when Sheamus won it, when they only had a few brackets of superstars.

I also like the idea of the winner getting a title shot at Summerslam or another big ppv.
    If I was the booker: Have 16 men in the tournament. Each of the four build weeks of the PPV sees two first round KOTR matches. Have the final 8 men compete in the rest of the matches on the KOTR PPV. Four second round matches, two third round matches, and the finals. The WWE and the WHT can be defended on the card also. You would have a great opportunity to feature matches that we would not normally see.

The only time KOTR was worth it was the first two times, when the wrestlers had to win 3 matches in one night. Winner 1, Bret Hart. Winner 2, Owen, The King of Harts. after that, they watered it down by only having the semi-finals. And I lost interest pretty much immediately...with the only exception being the Birth of Austin 3:16.

I know there were earlier tournaments. What I'm talking about is the induction of the tournament as a PPV. The first two were great. Then the third one, where Mabel got a bye because of the HBK/Kama time limit draw, started a terrible trend in the PPV where they stopped having 3 matches a night. It didn't matter after that.

Hey new here..I love the topic and the read only problem I have is that during the first round you have a lot of squashes in my mind. I mean if I. Watch a KOTR tournament I want there to be good back and forth matches even in the first round. Like without even looking at the second round I can tell who is going to win. JTG vs Ziggler? Ziggler wins in 30 sec flat only matches I could even see being remotly good in the first round are santino vs ADR and ryder vs orton. Not a bad concept or bracket for that matter but maybe put some same tier people in matches together in the first round . IMO it would make for a more exciting KOTR you wouldn't really know who is going to win and then it would make the second round and the whole thing for that matter a lot more unpredictable. It would make crowning the winner (which should be Barrett) a lot better, and it would let some of the lesser talent shine rather than getting squashed in the first round in predictable mathes...lol let the berating begin
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    If you would ask me, what would you like to return to WWE? I would immediately say bring back the King of the Ring Tournament. Not as a PPV like in the past, but as special episodes of Raw and Smackdown. I don't think it should be used as a PPV because there are already too many of them. Plus it gives us something else to watch instead of the weekly episodes.

The winner of it should be someone in the midst of a push, making him a bigger star, someone who has never won a tourney like this before and should be granted a Worldtitle opportunity at the next coming PPV.

How to book it personally?

I would book it between Survivor Series and TLC. Being a 16 man tourney. The opening matches and quarter Finals should take plave on the 30th of november episode of Smackdown and the Semi finals and the finals on the 3rd of december episode of Raw. Given that timing the winner and current champion should have enough time to promote the championship match for TLC.

Open the image in a new page to have a better look.

Regarding my booking, it speaks for itself. I'd like to have Barrett win the tourney, beating Orton in the finals to end their feud of last year. Thus making him #1 contender for the WHC. Let's pretend that Sheamus is still champ by then. We can have a battle at TLC with Barrett becoming the new champion.

Why book it than? Why not have it booked in June like it was before? KOTR was better than Survivor Series.

Quote Originally Posted by bbusc99 View Post
    Hey new here..I love the topic and the read only problem I have is that during the first round you have a lot of squashes in my mind. I mean if I. Watch a KOTR tournament I want there to be good back and forth matches even in the first round. Like without even looking at the second round I can tell who is going to win. JTG vs Ziggler? Ziggler wins in 30 sec flat only matches I could even see being remotly good in the first round are santino vs ADR and ryder vs orton. Not a bad concept or bracket for that matter but maybe put some same tier people in matches together in the first round . IMO it would make for a more exciting KOTR you wouldn't really know who is going to win and then it would make the second round and the whole thing for that matter a lot more unpredictable. It would make crowning the winner (which should be Barrett) a lot better, and it would let some of the lesser talent shine rather than getting squashed in the first round in predictable mathes...lol let the berating begin
    Okay, get the point and I agree on it. But my excuse is that I just took the first guys that came into my head. The only plan I had while making the brackets was a final for Barrett and Orton.
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

As long as the winner gets the title of King of the Ring for a year and not a gimmick to go along with it as well!!

Why is it in the first place that wwe seems to forget alot of there own traditions? Thing that is just on my mind... already had a Night Of Champions with no scramble lol

Millions of Dollars! Millions of Dollars! Millions of Dollars!

I would love to have Jack Swagger win king of the ring and Ryback be world heavyweight champion.. Jack Swagger Vs Ryback sounds lovely as Jack Swagger could be put back in the main event scene and Ryback wouldn't be eliminated and his undefeated streak wouldn't be at stake in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I would love to have Jack Swagger win king of the ring and Ryback be world heavyweight champion.. Jack Swagger Vs Ryback sounds lovely as Jack Swagger could be put back in the main event scene and Ryback wouldn't be eliminated and his undefeated streak wouldn't be at stake in the tournament.
    What do you mean " his undefeated streak wouldn't be at stake in the tournament ". Sure it would, a loss is a loss no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by tweedidldum View Post
    What do you mean " his undefeated streak wouldn't be at stake in the tournament ". Sure it would, a loss is a loss no matter what!
    I mean if Ryback was in the tournament it would be crap because we knew he would win.. But if Jack Swagger where to work his ass off and beat some big names in a king of the ring tournament with an undefeated Ryback as World Champion it would mean a lot more in a main event. I didn't word it correctly though.