Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WWE Main Event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I don't personally care but I doubt that's a question that's really directed at me anyway. =p
    yea, you can't really answer that sadly.... MODS CAN I RANT PLEASE
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    yea, you can't really answer that sadly.... MODS CAN I RANT PLEASE
    It aired already so whatever you say isn't really a spoiler in my opinion. Although I am no mod lol
    Profile Retired

I actually liked it reminded me of the old days when wrestlers { such as Hogan } was interviewed before and after there matches

i liked hope they dont change the format or makeithow supertsars was started with main event talent and talking and then it became a reincarnation of metal(if anyone remembers that show)
    TNA PPV Prediction Contest 2011/2012 2nd

it felt very 80's to me and i loved it. the match was great the build up was great the only question i would ask would be why have the tag match after it?
    all it missed though was a good ol fashioned "WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING MENE GENE"

Here's Punk's video package that aired on the show. I think part of the reason why it's so awesome is because I'm sure a lot of this is from his upcoming DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by kersh View Post
    it felt very 80's to me and i loved it. the match was great the build up was great the only question i would ask would be why have the tag match after it?
    all it missed though was a good ol fashioned "WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING MENE GENE"
    Absolutely sums up how I feel. If Raw was three hours of this every Monday I'd probably starting paying to watch it (I stream). It's a great format, no gimmicks just pro wrestling as it was when I was a kid. I agree that the tag match should have been on first, agree that The Miz was green on commentary but the idea of an active wrestler on colour commentary is great.

I got the feeling throughout, especially from Cole, that it was being presented as a show for someone who doesn't watch wrestling. The way Cole introduced The Miz, the promos before Punk vs. Sheamus, the explaination of the Hart Dungeon among others were all doing exactly what they should be doing on Raw. I'll definitely be watching next week.

Divas to believe in.

WWE Main Event

What's going on guys (and gals) Just writing this thread to see what yall thought about the first Main Event show that aired this week. What are some of the things you liked? Some of the things you disliked? and do you see it being a solid "C" show for years to come? Me personally... I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting to get a champion vs champion match on the first show and it was an AWESOME match. Speaking of awesome...It was cool to see Miz involved in the show doing commontator work as well. I also liked the video packages they did on Punk and Sheamus. They gave a little more in depth look at those stars for people who may be watching WWE for the first time. Now on to the things I didn't like (small but didn't like none the less) I didn't like how Punk and Sheamus was the first match on the show being that a match of that magnitude is usually the Main Event but... Oh well. Also I was shocked at Santino and Ryder (A thrown together team outta nowhere) beat Gabriel and Kidd?!?!? WHA?!?!? but once again...Oh well. I guess the thing that's most important is wrestling fans have more wrestling to watch and that's always good. So enough of my mouth tell me what you guys think
    *Out*

I caught the show and I liked it. It turned out rather good.

With this new show, WWE could probably drop the first hour of RAW keeping it from 9-11, and just use this show to push things.

Punk and Sheamus put on a great match, and using the exposed turnbuckle, was something I hadn't seen in a while.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Here's Punk's video package that aired on the show. I think part of the reason why it's so awesome is because I'm sure a lot of this is from his upcoming DVD.

You're right, this is from his DVD/Blu-Ray. My copy arrived yesterday from Silvervision. It's very interesting and I have even more respect for Punk now.

I'm watching Main Event now, I'm enjoying it, I liked the build up but I also don't see it staying like this for very long and after a while will become a new superstars.

Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.