Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Main Event

WWE Main Event

Okay,first let me say that if there is already a thread for this I apologize, I looked but may have missed it. So for anyone who actually goes to wwe.com or pays attention to the ads in the corners you may have noticed advertisements for this, WWE Main Event. A new show debuting a week from this Wednesday on a network called ion. Now other than some nicely placed ads on facebook and an article on wwe.com, I have heard very little about this. I know only that it will be an hour long show like Superstarts and NXT.

A few question I have are why has this not been advertised more, and is this going to be beneficial to WWE? In my own opinion I think this show could work out well for the lower talent, who may not be featured as much, but there has to be a mix. If all you do is focus on the small talent you take a chance of the show suffering as Superstars did. However I do not want to see it become a RAW/Smackdown Recap show either. My question is what do you make of this new show, will it last? Or will it suffer the same fate as those that cam before it.
    Profile Retired

i have the feeling that this could be something like superstars, and it would be a waste of time and space, wwe should do a third brand again, they have enough talent to do so and i believe it could give all their superstars enough tv time without jobbing, maybe having the cruserweight championship as the top title and making cw talent prominent in the show, but not exclusive

slow down dude..way too early to tell but i understand what your saying just the same. WWE these days is a mixed bag of trying to reach out and grab fans attention and new fans. WWE has done a fine job by putting itself out there via the internet and i don't see much use in bringing anymore new shows to cable because they have enough already, too many if you want my opinion.

were In a weird era with the WWE lately where they are grabbing at straws to try and keep ratings up by reaching out to the fans more and having them interact more with regards to giving fans choices on matches and such...the social media age...

I think they should perfect what they have been doing before they find themselves way in over their head....again!!!

It took the WWE awhile to blend with social media because they had to find a way to win fans over with the ever growing need for technology and to this day it's working to some degree but to introduce yet another meaning less show might end up to be a fail for sure.

But hey, they must be making money and staying in the plus side of things because they wouldn't hesitate bringing a new show to cable if they thought it was going to fail, which we won't know yet obviously, so all the more power to them.

Honestly- I see it as a failing in less than a year. I see it being probably 20 % recaps and maybe 3 matches each week with not enough mixture of talent that is not used that much.

Now if they had NXT become this new show- sans Raw and SD recaps- that would hold interest to fans- and mix in some of those not used in WWE now

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    Honestly- I see it as a failing in less than a year. I see it being probably 20 % recaps and maybe 3 matches each week with not enough mixture of talent that is not used that much.

Now if they had NXT become this new show- sans Raw and SD recaps- that would hold interest to fans- and mix in some of those not used in WWE now
    NXT won't be the new show because it's NXT wrestling's (former FCW) and not WWE's. They'd never put that on the same level as raw and smackdown as it's a developmental TV show, so putting "rookies" or those "in-training" on the same level as their main show would definitely never happen as long as Vince, or even Triple H, are in charge.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

The fact is says Main Event i am imagining a whole show dedicated to main event wrestlers ie more Cena

I always thought they should have brought back 4x Saturday Night Main Event and taken off 4 PPV's

Only have it as a 2 hours PPV with say 4 matches maximum (always a tag title match etc)

that way they don't have to scramble for storylines and they could even been random challenges.

I think it was bret hart's first rain where his history read about 30 different challengers

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

The channel is it's going to be on reportedly reaches 99 million homes.

It's going to benefit WWE, because it'll reach new fans, and bring them in more money. WWE is a money making machine, this show, plus Superstars and NXT, if they ever make it on TV, is going to bring in a lot of cash and probably keep some of the lesser used guys content/busy.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

anything to make more money lol desperate