Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Desmond Wolfes Return

TNADixie Dixie Carter
    Just spoke to Desmond. Expect London Brawling to be back on iMPACT! soon.

Looks like Desmond is comming back soon! I hope hes in 100% full health and cant wait to see him kickin' ass and winning titles!

What do you guys think?

FUCK YES!!!! This is fantastic news!

NIGEL, NIGEL, NIGEL WHY'D YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME?

Fuckin awesome news.

I may actually watch Impact lol
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    FUCK YES!!!! This is fantastic news!

NIGEL, NIGEL, NIGEL WHY'D YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME?
    bcz roh owns the rights to nigel...also if tna brough him they usually give him a name they wanna own the rights 2 as well..

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyman View Post
    bcz roh owns the rights to nigel...also if tna brough him they usually give him a name they wanna own the rights 2 as well..
    Although your right in the second part of your statement. I doubt ROH owns the rights to the name Nigel McGuinness, he was using that name way before he got to ROH.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

I thought he was doing British comedy.
    "The Rapping Hyena" SilverCena, your current EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion as of 10/30/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kicked View Post
    but the first time a kid in a Cena t-shirt did the "You Can't See Me" hand/face wave I knew I had to jump back in.
    What's up BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCena View Post
    he was from what the dirsheets say...i just wonder what was really wrong with him...i hope its nothing serious

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCena View Post
    Yeah he was while he was out of wrestling... Rumors say he suffered a concussion and was recovering

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Although your right in the second part of your statement. I doubt ROH owns the rights to the name Nigel McGuinness, he was using that name way before he got to ROH.
    well usually when u sign a contract with a company no matter what...u hand over the rights to ur character so maybe roh took it from him...or maybe tna just doenst like nigel lol...idk man its political but i am sure roh owns that name i can assure it....if they didnt i think tna is missin out

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    The Nigel McGuinness name is his trademark ring name and TNA probably wanted to use his name and have exclusive rights to it and Nigel probably said no way. So used the Desmond Wolfe name as an alternative. It is just like Low Ki when he was in TNA the first time round and when he left and returned they wanted exclusive rights to his ring name. To cut a long story short. The name senshi was used instead but everyone knew who he was.

Most wrestling talent trademark their ring names after WWE bought out WCW and ECW and as they own some of the names of talent who did not trademark their names now can't use them. So as a prime example Hardcore Justice, some of the guys had to use either similar sounding names or to an extent their real names or other alternative ring names they used in the past that have no legal claims too due to the WWE owing the trademarks to any names that were not at the time legally claimed before the sale.
    TLK has left his mark...