Page 880 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 380 780 830 870878879880881882 890 930 980 1380 1880 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 22796
    Blog Entries
    Ok so im going to pull the curtain away for a second and reveal some key things from this feud.

I was originally the person who thought of putting shining and adonis into a feud. The burying valentina alive after she was brainwashed by shining was also my idea.

Benny originally came up with the crown of thorns and wanted to do a crucifixion, but i was eery about it as there have been people who take offense to certain material even if its in character or in a show.

It came time to decide how to end the feud and my idea was to combine two matches into one and have a flaming casket match, where you had to shut the lid on a casket with your opponent inside, and then light on fire. Torphy raised the bar by going with the crucifixion match. After seeing no negativity from the crown of thorns, i allowed it.

So really, this feud was succesful because of multiple people

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Ok so im going to pull the curtain away for a second and reveal some key things from this feud.

I was originally the person who thought of putting shining and adonis into a feud. The burying valentina alive after she was brainwashed by shining was also my idea.

Benny originally came up with the crown of thorns and wanted to do a crucifixion, but i was eery about it as there have been people who take offense to certain material even if its in character or in a show.

It came time to decide how to end the feud and my idea was to combine two matches into one and have a flaming casket match, where you had to shut the lid on a casket with your opponent inside, and then light on fire. Torphy raised the bar by going with the crucifixion match. After seeing no negativity from the crown of thorns, i allowed it.

And this is why IWA creative is supremely awesome!

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

The Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post

I can see your point about the crown of thorns and cruicifixion... Some people take things like this to heart, that's why I was very cautious when I started writing for Shining. There's a fine line between being realistic and being insultful, and I think everyone managed to make sure that said line was not crossed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.E. Zero View Post
    Review is almost done, on the MA match as we speak. You better love it Bear
    Awesome i look forward to reading

Black Ninja!
    Reading the show after hockey.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Destined for Immortality Review by Zero :D

Opening such a big event with the national anthem was a good touch. Followed by a voice over which I read in a Morgan Freeman voice inside my head, cause Morgan Freeman is just awesome. PPV's official theme was good as well.

Edwards vs. Wells was a great choice to start the PPV. That match was good, though seeing Edwards going to the top rope made believe he was (much like Lesnar did) going for a Shooting Star Press rather than a Spear, that was a bit of a disappointment in my mind. The submission finish in my mind saved it, since after a few pin attempts and countout moments, I was beginning to think this match would drag on a bit. Plus it made for Edwards to break Wells' arm, taking him out of IWA for the time being. Great heel move spitting on Wells at the end. Edwards looked great and could be next in line for a championship run or enter another big feud soon.

The Vivica promo was great and gave a fearful feel to it with the laugh at the end. Commentary was dead on to say it was creepy.

I'm not gonna lie. I saw Athena losing this match rather than winning. I would've preferred a different finish from the Bearhug submission since we just saw a submission finish in the previous matchup as well. Eddings was pretty bold in his challenge to fight Athena and actually looked to have her beat a few times, that's why I can say, I honestly didn't see Athena winning. I'm not hating on Athena, GG does a great job as her, I just didn't see her getting the W here tonight.

Was not expecting my promo to be so early in the show haha. It's fine. Looking forward to that math a little later.

Cage getting the win was fantastic. Match had an intense feel to it. Steele having been busted open helped in that regard. Cage now sets himself for big things with this win. Steele looked great as well, he just needs a big break to really stand out more.

A good Pamich promo. He's been steadily getting to that level where I could see him holding a championship sometime soon.

I myself saw Pamich winning but with the way the match ended, I have a feeling this feud may not be over just yet, so Pamich may yet that win but it was a great turn of event having Draymen win. Good job on that.

KJ Punk with a great promo, he could very well win the Maximum Anarchy Match.

Lay-gle winning was good to a certain extent. I don't know, I guess I just saw Ali pulling some weird shit out in the end to get the win or even leave the finish to the match a total mystery, perhaps turning into a puff of smoke just as the three came crashing down and not appearing again declaring the match a no contest or something. Still the match was good.

Juno promos make me smile

Vivica retaining was fantastic, I personally did not see her reign end just yet, Juno will be the champion, that much is a given but right now was not the time. Match was freaking awesome though. Feds make women's wrestling 1,000,000 times better than it is in real life. I can't wait what's next for these Bombshells.

Dixon has made real turn around in his promos, his grammar improving has helped in taking him more and more seriously a top contender for the gold, so he could win tonight.

Note's win was great. Lot of high spots in the match; the vertical leap from the floor to the top rope from Note, the Splash onto the chairs from Domino to Note and so on. Felt a bit long though but it was great to see that this match got the exposure it did and now Note can rise to bigger and better things thanks to this win.

Great promo from Shaz, showing why he's the champ. Though with the competition he faces that reign could very well end tonight.

Back to back promos I'm not usually a fan of but this worked well to give the PPV a good atmosphere as I can imagine they're setting up the ring or whatever for the next match.

CAR, sometimes I'm a fan of, other times not. Since I like what he can do for a group like The Infection (and the former Clique) but I just feel he can do so much more on his own. I felt this way about (Johnny) Hot a while back as well. He could do wonders on his own rather than pretty much always be associated with a group as can CAR so seeing him win the gold tonight, is not something I'd personally like to see but if it happens, what can you do.

Smith retaining the Endurance MITB Briefcase was fantastic. This match was great, Hawk almost had it but Smith made the most of using the knees to keep The Phoenix Splash from being finished. It was a great way to finish the match.

Darius' promo was good. I like how he addressed many thing including the 24 videos. Though this may prove to serve that his mind is not 100% in this matchup and he could lose, so we'll see how focused he is later.

Nice touch by having the tag champs appear to a live version of their theme. The match it self was great, the use of the 24 video in this match was a bit unexpected but served to make it seem as though the Infection might win the match only for the tag team champs to somehow bounce back and retain the gold, so now that Black Blooded cannot challenge for the tag team gold anymore, (I do remember that being a stipulation) aside from The Infection, there should be other teams to put the champs on notice that they're after the gold soon.

Smyth is all about action tonight. I like that.

You sick mofos. Tables match ends in a draw? Really?!!!! Haha was really not expecting that. The double chair shot finish to give us yet another draw was fantastic. So who will win this? Slayde does. #worldofshadows!!!! Elric is down and out with nowhere to go as Slayde locked in a dragon sleeper and Elric has no choice but to tap. I'm genuinely surprised. Benny did a fantastic job with the match. I knew you could do a fan-fucking-tastic job with the match and you did not disappoint.

Huge, huge win for my boy Blue over Divine. That was a career defining moment for Blue in IWA, so where he goes from here, I'm definitely itching to see. The sign of respect from Divine was great to see.

Wow....Adonis wins. Through help of a returning Valentina no less. Tough to see Shining lose in his choice of match but this feud was a masterpiece that needed a winner and to see it be Adonis, though surprising, does not go undeserved. Shining Light will bounce back from this and have bright future ahead of him. Plus with the way this match finished, there may yet be hope this feud continues though if it ended here tonight, it wouldn't be a bad thing at all for both men.

Was it Roba who actually wrote that Rage promo, or did one of creative try to emulate him? It was a good promo, just curious.

Great choice in having Smyth win the gold off Kyojin. He now deserves to be called an Endurance Champion (he kinda didn't when we met in the Grand Prix, I'll get you one day Benny -shakes fist- haha) so kudos to our new champ and what the future holds not only for him but for Kyojin as well.

Great Kyo promo, he always gives off great emotion.

Maximum Anarchy is here and first 2 eliminations were just insane as they happened at the same time, effectively taking Dixon and Darius out of the race. The Darius outburst that led the to the arm being so damaged from the barbed wire was a great moment especially Jman be the bigger man and helping Darius get help more quickly. A true class act.

Rage eliminating Punk was great. Now it's Jman, Rage and Shaz. Anyone of which can be a fantastic champion IWA can be proud of. Controversial finish to the Rage elimination. I liked that. Now it's Shaz and Jman, Last Man Standing...oh hell yeah!!!

The table with thumbtacks....genius. Shaz retains, which I'll say I'm surprised to see (not in a bad way) before Dixon and The Infection attempt to send a message to not only Shaz but to Jman as well before Kyo comes in and they put The Infection to rest.

With that done, how does Destined for Immortality end...? Kyojin heel turn. I love how after he turned on Jman he had the most vindictive smile on his face. Great, great detail. Leaving the mystery as to why it happened was a fantastic way to finish the PPV. Well done.

Overall, there some results I liked and didn't but the PPV was in fact worthy as being dubbed the WrestleMania of IWA. Had well written matches, great promos (though there could've just 1 or 2 more for my taste) and plenty of surprises. To all of IWA creative, I applaud you for your work. It turned out great.

Now....Where's my World Title? Just kidding
    Last edited by S.E. Zero; 02-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

Blog Entries
    I'm going to give feedback as I read the PPV, so this may look erratic!

Pre-show battle royal: AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! Big block of text! But really well written and won by a very deserved K2.

Voiceover at the beginning was a very nice touch.

Wells vs. Edwards was a good read.

Vivica is seriously fucked up, and I love it!

The story-telling aspect of the Eddings/Athena match was fascinating. Definitely made it interesting to read.

Slayde promo was short and to the point. Managed to get a feel for the build up, which shows that promos don't have to be long. Saying that, I would have liked a little bit more from him, but still fantastic.

Cage vs. Steele was a good, solid match.

Pamich's promos are getting better and I have to say that the last line was very nice. Throughout that entire promo, I really liked that line.

Who wrote the Pamich/Drayman match? Match of the night, so far!

Another effective and to the point promo by Punk. Really helps build the main event.

Oscar Layman is Kurt Angle two shows in a row? Good solid match again.

Juno's promo seemed quite heelish at first, but again was short, solid and to the point. I don't think I'm used to this match/promo ratio in IWA!

*cough*Belfast isn't in Ireland*cough* Emily needs sacking. Bring back Stacy Blake!

WOW! The Mercury/Vivica match was amazing! My new pick of the night so far. Fantastically written.

Dixon hyping up the main event well there. Are we gonna hear from all the main eventers tonight?

Another solid bout by Note & Domino. K2 winning twice in one show? Someone's on the take there.

Shaz using his title as a shovel to bury his opponents. I likey.

CAR - PROMO OF THE NIGHT THUS FAR!

The Boss is still in charge of his own Endurance destiny! Wonder when he'll finally cash it in. Hawk is awesome and I'm looking forward to lots from him.

Darius is a bit cuckoo! Good build up promo.

Damaged Goods coming out with a live set from Five Fingered Death Punch? Mark out moment.

24 video during the tag match? Interesting... Damaged Goods retaining is a good booking decision though. Huge fan of BB and I like Infection, but Des is doing a stellar job and doesn't deserve a loss. Two titles defended, two titles retained. I hope this deosn't set the theme for the rest of the night!

The Smyth/Kyo arriving segments were effective. Nothing said, but adds a bit of build up to the match.

I wrote the Elric/Slayde match, so can't review it and as I am a slow reader, I can skip it as I know how it ends!

Good match between Blue and Divine. A handshake at the end? Could the Divine one be turning again?

Wow. Spectacular. Shining's Entrance was epic. Valentina's return was a fantastic touch, but I felt really sad for Adonis. It was so close to storybook happy ending, but it never happened. Also sad to see the end of one of the greatest feuds I have ever seen and it is good that it has ended now while it is still on top, instead of waiting for it to get stale. Kudos to Torphs & Shining.

Rob Rage can speak? It's a miracle! Again, sounded rather heel-like but still good for the build up. Apparently, there is some sort of match for the world title tonight.

Mr. Smyth comes out to a live set?!?!?!?!?!?!?! MARK OUT MOMENT!!!!!!!!!! Say what you like about Smyth, but that track is fucking epic. Although the one one thing I hate about 30STM is that you have to sing at their concerts, otherwise it's just an instrumental gig.

Well written match, with close calls all over the place and a family guy reference to boot! Would have liked it to be a little longer, but cannot fault the quality.

Lovely promo by Kyojin, and Eddie done Smyth a good service there.

Our World Champ coming out to the ring before Rage & Jman? Don't know if I'm down with that.

Shaz get's killed, while Darius & Dixon are eliminated simultaneous. Darius, in the process, looses an arm to the point where J even helps him! Gory... Punk get's eliminated, so now we're left with the two newer guys and the dead IWA original. What the fuck? Shaz is alive? And he wins?

Excellent match. Very gory and worthy of a main event.

Kyojin turns heel? The biggest babyface we have? CRIKEY!!!!

Okay, here are my overall comments:

I LOVED this PPV. Well written, brilliantly built up and it did not disappoint. I thought the transitions between segments and matches were very smooth and something I would like to see on Chaos from now on. Promos were, on the whole, spot on and the matches were great (and I'm not a big match reader). For my money, best match goes to Vivica and Juno Mercury, very closely followed by the Crucifixion match.

On a personal note, Eddie has done a fantastic service to me in this feud and Smyth is a much better character for it. I've learnt a lot from him, I am delighted he dropped the title to me and there is simply just one thing left to say: thank you.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Who wrote the Pamich/Drayman match? Match of the night, so far!
    That would be me! ...

WOW! The Mercury/Vivica match was amazing! My new pick of the night so far. Fantastically written.
    Goddamn it. I lost my accolade! Curse you whoever wrote that match!

EWNCW:
    Van Darius

TWE/RTE:

Van Darius:
    *TWE/RTE Champion (9/23/12 - 2/14/14)

IWA:
    Ivan Draymen
    Van Darius
    *IWA Endurance Champion (4/28/13 - 8/4/13)

WWE:
    * Sheamus (US Champion 1/20/13 - )
    * Rob Van Dam

Dream Team Invitational:
    *The Vandals (w/ Van Hooligan X)

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    That would be me! ...

Goddamn it. I lost my accolade! Curse you whoever wrote that match!
    Oh sure, comment on his review....hurtful!!! T___T

Last edited by S.E. Zero; 02-09-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Slayde promo was short and to the point. Managed to get a feel for the build up, which shows that promos don't have to be long. Saying that, I would have liked a little bit more from him, but still fantastic.

I wrote the Elric/Slayde match, so can't review it and as I am a slow reader, I can skip it as I know how it ends!
    I have a stand where if I'm just asked for a backstage promo (that's not an interview), I like to keep 'em short since they're just meant to be a transition between matches. Long promos I tend to save for in ring purposes where he has more time to really put it all out there before a crowd.

I wanted to get your thoughts on that match even though you wrote it.