Page 2078 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 1078 1578 1978 2028 206820762077207820792080 2088 2128 2178 ... LastLast
Results 20,771 to 20,780 of 22796
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbler_jones View Post
    Okay, Chaos Review Time!

Favorite Moment: Believe it or not, I really enjoyed seeing Ryan Wells "Freak out" lol and lay the other guys down. I am very interested in these four competitors - maybe it's just me, but I feel that this feud can bring all of these guys to a new level in IWA. I like the feeling that anything can happen between these four, and am intrigued to see what transpires next.

Best Match: I know it's been said, but this one goes to the main event. For starters, I like how it focused on two guys who didn't have a title belt - hell, one of them is a "jobber" - but the emotion, the intensity was all there. I feel that this match was extremely well written - it had flow, it conveyed the points exceptionally well, it built both Shaz and BTB up extremely well in their respective areas - Shaz, the former World champ, now fallen from grace, angry and lethal; and BTB, the world's toughest jobber who has potential to be more than just the world's toughest jobber.

Best Promo: This is a close one, but I feel that Ace Note/Mike Hawk just edged out Adonis/Kyojin/Shaz. Note and Hawk seem to have a little bit more invested in their feud personally, and it's not just about the belt - Hawk seems to be attempting to prey on Note's soul, and trying to pull him into the abyss slowly but surely. I think it was a nice touch having Note pop up in Hawk's hiding spot - on the one hand, it suggests that Note is getting wise to Hawk's shenanigans and pays a nice homage to his past as an acrobat... but on the other hand, it's a possible feather in Hawk's cap - it was a symbol that Note is willing to share the same dark and aloof position in life that Hawk has.

Best Piece of Booking: Dear God, there's a lot to choose from. Of course the Bombshell division is blowing up (ha, see what I did there?) with a lot of strong competition and compelling characters. I admit, I'm especially interested in seeing where Kairo goes - I dig her gimmick. And seeing S&S get a little visit from Miss Murder and Red Queen? DAMN. But the other half of the best booking - damn me for being so biased - was seeing the Star Signs run in on Shaz. I hope that this becomes a feud - I love working with Shaz, and I think it would make for some scorching story material.

Best Debut: Odium. That promo... All I can say.

Anything Else That I Think Could Have Been Done Better or Other Such Shiz: Nope.

Other Stuff That I Really Liked: Too much to list. Although one quote stands above the rest - "I AM GREATNESS." This sums up Kyojin's character perfectly, and it really sticks with me.

Overall Show Grade: Solid A.
    Bolded because I really like that.

Thank you Scribbs!

Blue always brings so many dynamics, appreciate the great words!
    Ryan Wells:

- Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

Xavier Hightower:

- Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    I'm sorry, what's that? You had a whole team of people on your "box office money revenue". Batman single-handedly did that on his own for The Dark Knight.
    Enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I don't know about Superman syndrome. He's not totally invulnerable.
    He's pretty invulnerable. Much more so than a Spiderman or Batman who happen to be superior characters even though they both wouldn't stand much of a chance against him in a fight. Even with Spiderman's spidey sense he'd be no match for wolverines rapid healing strength and speed. To me that's what makes Wolverine kind of boring. He's not even my favorite member of the X-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    @TheRealFreak: You saw what I did on Chaos, be on alert IWA, be on damn alert. #IAmTheFreak
    Matthew grabs his phone and looks down at Ryan 'The Freak' Wells' tweet. Matt begins to whisper to himself.

Matt Black: I wonder if this guy remembers at DBG when I pinned him in the middle of the ring. He might have gotten the better than me at Chaos but he didn't win. He ambushed us all and shocked the world, good for him. He'll learn quickly that I live for this conflict. Sure he knocked me down this week but a man isn't judged for how many times he falls down or who knocks him over; a man is judged for how he chooses to get his ass back up when under pressure. Ryan Wells, congrats you surprised me... Let me assure you, I'll never fall for your insanity again.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Matthew grabs his phone and looks down at Ryan 'The Freak' Wells' tweet. Matt begins to whisper to himself.

Matt Black: I wonder if this guy remembers at DBG when I pinned him in the middle of the ring. He might have gotten the better than me at Chaos but he didn't win. He ambushed us all and shocked the world, good for him. He'll learn quickly that I live for this conflict. Sure he knocked me down this week but a man isn't judged for how many times he falls down or who knocks him over; a man is judged for how he chooses to get his ass back up when under pressure. Ryan Wells, congrats you surprised me... Let me assure you, I'll never fall for your insanity again.
    Wells: Kid listen, flukes happen. Accidents happen too, which explains why you're here. You beat me once, but I assure you, it won't happen again. You can whisper there like the little church mouse you are, but I'm the lion, the king of the fuckin' jungle. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will make sure you NEVER fool me again. So whether it's Chaos, a PPV, or at your mom's house; where you live, I will beat you. But I won't just beat you, I'm going to destroy you. Fans wonder why I hate them? Why I hate pipsqueaks like you? It's simple, because you are nothing, I am everything. The truth will come out, the reasons, all of the reasons will be out in the open soon. You though? You're going to be the first in a very long line of those destroyed by me.
    Ryan Wells:

- Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

Xavier Hightower:

- Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)

Blog Entries
    He's pretty invulnerable. Much more so than a Spiderman or Batman who happen to be superior characters even though they both wouldn't stand much of a chance against him in a fight. Even with Spiderman's spidey sense he'd be no match for wolverines rapid healing strength and speed. To me that's what makes Wolverine kind of boring. He's not even my favorite member of the X-men.

Nah. I'd say that Spider-Man could beat Wolverine in H2H combat. He wouldn't be able to wear him down significantly but Spdier-Man's a better fighter but I do see where you're coming from with Wolverine. But even with all of his strenghts, he can still be taken down by someone of considerable strength.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    Wells: Kid listen, flukes happen. Accidents happen too, which explains why you're here. You beat me once, but I assure you, it won't happen again. You can whisper there like the little church mouse you are, but I'm the lion, the king of the fuckin' jungle. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will make sure you NEVER fool me again. So whether it's Chaos, a PPV, or at your mom's house; where you live, I will beat you. But I won't just beat you, I'm going to destroy you. Fans wonder why I hate them? Why I hate pipsqueaks like you? It's simple, because you are nothing, I am everything. The truth will come out, the reasons, all of the reasons will be out in the open soon. You though? You're going to be the first in a very long line of those destroyed by me.
    Matt Black sees Ryan and chuckles.

Matt: Ryan, no matter how you decide to twist reality the fact will always remain the same; I beat you. You threw everything you had at me and guess what Ryan, it just wasn't good enough. You might be a freak but nothing and no one in IWA will ever hold me down. I'm Matt Black, I'm not the prettiest nor the strongest superstar on this roster by a long shot. But you Ryan know better than anyone exactly what I am. I'm a fighter, I persevere through pressure as well as any man on this roster. Are you bigger than me? Hell yes! Are you stronger than me!? Oh hell yea... But I have things you don't have Ryan. I have those fans you despise so much. I have the pulse of the people. I have the heart of a tiger... Though I allow you to speak I'm always ready to pounce... To prove exactly why I belong in IWA... Because I'm a fighter and that's exactly what I've always wanted to be... That's exactly what I'll always be.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Nah. I'd say that Spider-Man could beat Wolverine in H2H combat. He wouldn't be able to wear him down significantly but Spdier-Man's a better fighter but I do see where you're coming from with Wolverine. But even with all of his strenghts, he can still be taken down by someone of considerable strength.

What do you think would put Spidey over the top of Wolverine? Just his spidey sense? To me I think Wolverine could beat him exposing any of spidermans weaknesses beings Spiderman doesnt have overwhelming strength like a hulk.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    What do you think would put Spidey over the top of Wolverine? Just his spidey sense? To me I think Wolverine could beat him exposing any of spidermans weaknesses beings Spiderman doesnt have overwhelming strength like a hulk.
    Better reflexes, speed, stamina, strength, intelligence. Also, his precognitive abilities give him a major edge. Spidey would probably find a way to incapacitate him without directly confronting him with his webbing.

Blog Entries
    He does have proportionate strength of a spider though. Not just his strength would beat Wolverine, his tactical sense as well. Spidey is a street level hero with other adventures bringing him out of his pocket. Wolverine is everywhere and doesn't have time to be as tactical as Spider-Man. All Spidey would have to do is get him out of his comfort zone, make him rage out and Wolverine would beat himself. Everyone discounts Spider-Man's strength when in fact he's strong as fuck.
    ]

Blog Entries
    Better reflexes, speed, stamina, strength, intelligence. Also, his precognitive abilities give him a major edge. Spidey would probably find a way to incapacitate him without directly confronting him with his webbing.
    Maybe, apparently this is a fight that hasn't actually happen in the Marvel Universe or at least I cant find any record of it. I dont know how stamina could be an edge for spidey beings wolverine doesn't really get injured where spidey would become injured and become more tired. I'm almost thinking about making a thread for this battle being I could see either hero win.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Maybe, apparently this is a fight that hasn't actually happen in the Marvel Universe or at least I cant find any record of it. I dont know how stamina could be an edge for spidey beings wolverine doesn't really get injured where spidey would become injured and become more tired. I'm almost thinking about making a thread for this battle being I could see either hero win.
    I think you have stamina confused for endurance. But like I said before, I doubt Wolvie can touch Spider-Man but if you do make a thread on that, it'd be interesting to see what others had to say on it.