Page 1783 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 783 1283 1683 1733 177317811782178317841785 1793 1833 1883 ... LastLast
Results 17,821 to 17,830 of 22796
  1. #17821
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    I don't really know what to say to this...All I tried to do was put it in a honest, unoffensive way, that one is so personal...And I simply can't remember anything about the other...That is my fault, no one else's, from recreational activity...As I said, I most of the times don't remember the past day without some hard thinking usually...So I certainly don't remember what happens with all the efed wrestling...I don't remember mostly every single thing I have read on every show from the past three weeks off the top of my head, and that is no one's fault.

    All I meant was it can be easy to see how many people can think that a very personal, heated feud...can overshadow something that I just simply don't remember.

    I try to read the whole entire shows, and I promise you I'm not an egomaniac that only cares about my own stuff, So once again, I'm really not too sure how to reply here. If it seems I insulted someone, Sorry, I didn't intend to. To add to my earlier point...I don't even remember what my character does constantly on a daily basis...All I was trying to say is I don't remember what the basis of their feud is. So, No, I'm not looking to demean anyone...This is the internet, I don't argue in reality so I'm certainly not looking to put down people's computer wrestling work...Some said it felt like it was overshadowed, I explained how.

    And yes without a doubt, the rivalry couldn't be personal without the one booking it. It wouldn't be anything without creative behind it.

    Again, Sorry, don't really know what to say that hasn't been. Wasn't looking to cause trouble, I didn't mean "Their feud sucks, I don't care about it because I don't read it, its not memorable, so It sucks that's why I don't remember." I've got serious short term memory loss, that's it.

    Don't take this the wrong way but just about every review I have seen from you, you mention your characters in a positive light everytime and critize someone else. I avoid talking about my guys as much as I can unless the show came out lackluster. A review on your work from yourself is pointless because you have bias and doesn't do anything for creative
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  2. #17822
    I usually try not to critique my own work (I NEVER have, lol) and I fully understand the bias of calling it good when your own self does well. I try not to do that much, but it does happen, because, more for the fact that if what is done with my character is good booking, I let them know. And I understand how it can look when critiquing others...But All I am is honest with reviews, as much as can be. I just try to be honest to help creative, no matter who is involved. I understand your viewpoint though fully.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  3. #17823
    But, I want it to be known I'm in no way a snobbish egomaniac...furthest thing from it. The entire thing just came about from mistake of chosen words...Draymen and Pamich doesn't suck, I just don't remember much of anything, ever.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  4. #17824
    Black Ninja! No_1eddiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    9,191
    Chaos promo sent.

  5. #17825
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,687
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but just about every review I have seen from you, you mention your characters in a positive light everytime and critize someone else. I avoid talking about my guys as much as I can unless the show came out lackluster. A review on your work from yourself is pointless because you have bias and doesn't do anything for creative
    Yeah, same here. I can pat myself on the back any day. When it comes from someone else though, it makes me feel proud and confident in what I'm doing and I know that anyone who puts their all into what they do deserves to feel the same pride.


  6. #17826
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Yeah, same here. I can pat myself on the back any day. When it comes from someone else though, it makes me feel proud and confident in what I'm doing and I know that anyone who puts their all into what they do deserves to feel the same pride.
    Still waiting for that pat on the back........

    Nah joking I dont like to boost my promos up either and I know I dont do many reviews and there is a reason albeit a stupid reason behind it and thats because what I like seems to be in contrare to what the rest of the users here like so I find that my opinion really is just that mine.

    I did say one week that I thought the Adonis-Pamich promo was by far the best of that week but that was the honest truth and I still believe that Adonis was the man who made that happen but I try to be honest and therefore when I say (Insert name here) Smashed it and got promo of the week that I honestly mean it and not saying it because I didnt include my own and thought mine was better (Which I never think hahahahaha)

    I normally only review the shows in term of entertainment value and as a whole package and in that vein I actually have a clip from a real life movie star...

    Sorry I went into Punk mode then but seriously this show was much better then the first week which wasnt bad, I think you guys are just starting to click as creative now




  7. #17827
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Still waiting for that pat on the back........

    Nah joking I dont like to boost my promos up either and I know I dont do many reviews and there is a reason albeit a stupid reason behind it and thats because what I like seems to be in contrare to what the rest of the users here like so I find that my opinion really is just that mine.

    I did say one week that I thought the Adonis-Pamich promo was by far the best of that week but that was the honest truth and I still believe that Adonis was the man who made that happen but I try to be honest and therefore when I say (Insert name here) Smashed it and got promo of the week that I honestly mean it and not saying it because I didnt include my own and thought mine was better (Which I never think hahahahaha)

    I normally only review the shows in term of entertainment value and as a whole package and in that vein I actually have a clip from a real life movie star...

    Sorry I went into Punk mode then but seriously this show was much better then the first week which wasnt bad, I think you guys are just starting to click as creative now
    Adonis promos are usually great but then again Torphy just seems to shell out huge, well written promos like its nothing. I know my writing flaws or weaknesses that hold from reaching the next level and I am fixing them. Usually my best work comes from a feud where I have a lot of material to work on (Hawk vs Lansdale, EWNCW) or when I have someone strong to play off of (Asher, just about every fed we have been in).

    But as for weaknesses, I don't make full use of the crowd or simple action sequences (whatever this is called) and that hurts the depth on my work, I am working on this right now. I also have a hard time with certain promos, like on this coming JBW show, I won't say who but I got carried because I felt restricted as to what I can do with the topic and didn't want to babble. Finally I have always felt my single promos haven't been up to par as other stuff, but after the feedback from the last show, I think I am starting to find my rhythm.

    But as far as promos go here are my turn offs:
    To Long and redundant, I will read long promos from established guys and new guys, but if you have a history over writing a page or two about the same thing, I will skim or skip.
    Short and boring. Ali Kazam's last promo basically, nothing wrong with small stuff but if this seems like something that anyone else could say, then you have done a bad job at setting your character apart from the pack.
    Cookie cutter. Don't do what they are doing off of TV, don't do what everyone here is doing. Do something new, dig up and idea you had and try it out. If it isn't working or you found a way to make it better, tell creative.
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  8. #17828
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Adonis promos are usually great but then again Torphy just seems to shell out huge, well written promos like its nothing. I know my writing flaws or weaknesses that hold from reaching the next level and I am fixing them. Usually my best work comes from a feud where I have a lot of material to work on (Hawk vs Lansdale, EWNCW) or when I have someone strong to play off of (Asher, just about every fed we have been in).

    But as for weaknesses, I don't make full use of the crowd or simple action sequences (whatever this is called) and that hurts the depth on my work, I am working on this right now. I also have a hard time with certain promos, like on this coming JBW show, I won't say who but I got carried because I felt restricted as to what I can do with the topic and didn't want to babble. Finally I have always felt my single promos haven't been up to par as other stuff, but after the feedback from the last show, I think I am starting to find my rhythm.

    But as far as promos go here are my turn offs:
    To Long and redundant, I will read long promos from established guys and new guys, but if you have a history over writing a page or two about the same thing, I will skim or skip.
    Short and boring. Ali Kazam's last promo basically, nothing wrong with small stuff but if this seems like something that anyone else could say, then you have done a bad job at setting your character apart from the pack.
    Cookie cutter. Don't do what they are doing off of TV, don't do what everyone here is doing. Do something new, dig up and idea you had and try it out. If it isn't working or you found a way to make it better, tell creative.
    Just turn into Old School Ric Flair and tell them fatboys to shut up, sit down, and keep their mouths shut! lol xD And I guess those would be brawl segments, for lack of a better word.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  9. #17829
    Black Ninja! Grind_Bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the torture chamber
    Posts
    6,996
    Blog Entries
    2
    I like myself some crowd interaction to give promos a certain sense of reality. Also, gives me chances to say different things according to what I think the crowd would react. For example, when JM are cutting a promo, Carlin uses the "despite I'm the heel here and you hate me, we gave you a hell of a match, and that's not to be denied" card to get some positive reaction from the fans. I tend to imagine the crowd cheering despite the fact a heel is speaking because in fact they put on a great match. He then goes back to add something heelish to make the fans boo him.

    I like the crowd interaction in my promos/entrances.


     
    Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

    Find all the EWNCW links here.

    The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

    Also check TWE!!

  10. #17830
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,783
    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    Strong words...from a weak man -_-
    Thats just a tad rude out of character...


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.